Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does anyone think we could get Matt Clarke back. 06:28 - Jan 10 with 2792 viewsMrTown

Left footed centre back. When we get relegated, build a back pairing of Woolfenden and Clarke?

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Does anyone think we could get Matt Clarke back. on 06:29 - Jan 10 with 2787 viewswkj

Probably not, he is doing the business with Portsmouth who are top of L1 right now, I don't think he'd be interested stepping down this stage of his career

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Does anyone think we could get Matt Clarke back. on 06:35 - Jan 10 with 2766 viewsMrTown

Does anyone think we could get Matt Clarke back. on 06:29 - Jan 10 by wkj

Probably not, he is doing the business with Portsmouth who are top of L1 right now, I don't think he'd be interested stepping down this stage of his career

I know, the ONLY chance we'd have is if Portsmouth slipped up and didn't get promoted. Highly unlikely at this stage though.

If we were both in League 1, considering he is an Ipswich boy, we'd have to be a bigger pull surely.
Woolfenden / Clarke / Kenlock

Still need to solve that right back slot though.

Does anyone think we could get Matt Clarke back. on 06:36 - Jan 10 with 2754 viewswkj

Does anyone think we could get Matt Clarke back. on 06:35 - Jan 10 by MrTown

I know, the ONLY chance we'd have is if Portsmouth slipped up and didn't get promoted. Highly unlikely at this stage though.

If we were both in League 1, considering he is an Ipswich boy, we'd have to be a bigger pull surely.
Woolfenden / Clarke / Kenlock

Still need to solve that right back slot though.

If they do slip, they are still in a stronger position than we are and probably better suited for Clarke. I doubt many wouldn't want him back, but we'd not have what Portsmouth would want for him.

Crybaby

Does anyone think we could get Matt Clarke back. on 06:38 - Jan 10 with 2752 viewsMrTown

Does anyone think we could get Matt Clarke back. on 06:29 - Jan 10 by wkj

Future team still fills me with hope though:
Goalkeeper
RB / Chambers / Woolfenden / Kenlock
Bishop / Skuse / Downes
Lankester / Striker / Left Winger

Remains a core of real talented footballers there. Fully fit Bishop and ever improving Lankester is dangerous. Dozzell, potential is there but he needs to settle into regular football.

And then you have the likes of: Nydam, Emmanuel, Morris, Folami, Ndaba, El Mizouni, McKendry still to progress.

Does anyone think we could get Matt Clarke back. on 06:39 - Jan 10 with 2747 viewsMrTown

Does anyone think we could get Matt Clarke back. on 06:36 - Jan 10 by wkj

If they do slip, they are still in a stronger position than we are and probably better suited for Clarke. I doubt many wouldn't want him back, but we'd not have what Portsmouth would want for him.

Well thats true, well we probably do have what they want for him in truth, but spending it is a different matter for this football club.

Does anyone think we could get Matt Clarke back. on 06:42 - Jan 10 with 2736 viewswkj

Does anyone think we could get Matt Clarke back. on 06:39 - Jan 10 by MrTown

Well thats true, well we probably do have what they want for him in truth, but spending it is a different matter for this football club.

If we go down, spending will be non existant for us, Evans aside, the FFP rules in L1 are ridiculously tight vs the championship; So frugality will be the only way forward.

Crybaby

Does anyone think we could get Matt Clarke back. on 06:47 - Jan 10 with 2723 viewsMrTown

Does anyone think we could get Matt Clarke back. on 06:42 - Jan 10 by wkj

If we go down, spending will be non existant for us, Evans aside, the FFP rules in L1 are ridiculously tight vs the championship; So frugality will be the only way forward.

frugality is the way Evans likes things. I would certainly look at Patrick Bauer from Charlton. 6ft4 played at both champ and L1, regarded as probably the best CB in L1 and his contract is up in the summer.

At 26 he could see us as a way back into the Championship. Although would imagine some Champ clubs will be sniffing around him.

Does anyone think we could get Matt Clarke back. on 06:48 - Jan 10 with 2712 viewswkj

Does anyone think we could get Matt Clarke back. on 06:47 - Jan 10 by MrTown

frugality is the way Evans likes things. I would certainly look at Patrick Bauer from Charlton. 6ft4 played at both champ and L1, regarded as probably the best CB in L1 and his contract is up in the summer.

At 26 he could see us as a way back into the Championship. Although would imagine some Champ clubs will be sniffing around him.

Evans liking frugality really doesn't enter the equation here if we go down.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2019 6:49]

Crybaby

Login to get fewer ads

Does anyone think we could get Matt Clarke back. on 06:55 - Jan 10 with 2698 viewsMrTown

Does anyone think we could get Matt Clarke back. on 06:48 - Jan 10 by wkj

Evans liking frugality really doesn't enter the equation here if we go down.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2019 6:49]

He won’t mind the fact we have to work in frugality.

Does anyone think we could get Matt Clarke back. on 07:01 - Jan 10 with 2677 viewswkj

Does anyone think we could get Matt Clarke back. on 06:55 - Jan 10 by MrTown

He won’t mind the fact we have to work in frugality.

You've gone a bit off course here quite a bit, so, ill leave it at that, 99% sure Clarke wont return to ITFC any time soon.

Crybaby

Does anyone think we could get Matt Clarke back. on 07:49 - Jan 10 with 2566 viewsMrTown

Does anyone think we could get Matt Clarke back. on 07:01 - Jan 10 by wkj

You've gone a bit off course here quite a bit, so, ill leave it at that, 99% sure Clarke wont return to ITFC any time soon.

Not really, agreeing with the fact that with the loss in revenue it’s pretty evident we are going to have to work within even greater economic constraints which is what you pointed out, however I don’t think the inability to spend on players will bother Evans too much.

However, if we can shift out a few players on maybe bigger wages and sell a few of PH “duds”, we could maybe bring him back or Evans will use the cash to void the revenue loss.

Would be a top drawer long term signing for us though.

Does anyone think we could get Matt Clarke back. on 08:05 - Jan 10 with 2530 viewsHerbivore

He's massively out of our price range. If this is the kind of signing you think would be realistic for us in League 1 it's no wonder you're never satisfied. Pie in the sky stuff.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Does anyone think we could get Matt Clarke back. on 08:14 - Jan 10 with 2511 viewsBackToRussia

Does anyone think we could get Matt Clarke back. on 08:05 - Jan 10 by Herbivore

He's massively out of our price range. If this is the kind of signing you think would be realistic for us in League 1 it's no wonder you're never satisfied. Pie in the sky stuff.

We've done well to have Clarke and then Webster on the books and now have neither, while they both excel at (potentially) divisional rivals. Good sign of a good transfer policy that.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Does anyone think we could get Matt Clarke back. on 08:25 - Jan 10 with 2482 viewsitfcjoe

No.

He is more likely to go to the Premier League than the Championship if he were to leave Pompey.....let alone League 1

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Does anyone think we could get Matt Clarke back. on 08:29 - Jan 10 with 2451 viewsMrTown

Does anyone think we could get Matt Clarke back. on 08:05 - Jan 10 by Herbivore

Of course I’m not satisfied, we’re bottom of the league

Muppet.

Does anyone think we could get Matt Clarke back. on 12:28 - Jan 10 with 2240 views44_not_out

A centre back, who has little or no Championship experience and currently playing for a club in or around the top of League One. Didn’t we sign one of these players from Shrewsbury a few months ago? Look at the impact he had. Good grief 🙈

I look forward to the next pointless post......
To replace Milne? (n/t) on 12:28 - Jan 10 with 2237 viewsDyland

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Does anyone think we could get Matt Clarke back. on 12:42 - Jan 10 with 2188 viewsshamboy

Not big enough to play in the middle in the Championship. End of story.
Does anyone think we could get Matt Clarke back. on 13:29 - Jan 10 with 2112 viewswkj

Does anyone think we could get Matt Clarke back. on 08:29 - Jan 10 by MrTown

Of course I’m not satisfied, we’re bottom of the league

Muppet.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0091906814/ref=asc_df_009190681457961227/

You could do with giving this a whirl
[Post edited 10 Jan 2019 13:33]

Crybaby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024