Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rachel Riley has given a powerful and emotive speech in Parliament 09:34 - Jan 23 with 2412 viewsGlasgowBlue

at an event organised by the Holocaust Educational Trust, as part of their campaign to raise awareness as we approach Holocaust Memorial Day this coming Sunday.

It's a must read for those who are genuinely interested in how on how antisemitism has infected society and politics in this country and how antisemites are abusing British Jews who dare speak out against those who are enabling the oldest hatred to spread.

For more information on the Holocaust Educational Trust and the work they do please click here

https://www.het.org.uk/
[Post edited 23 Jan 2019 9:35]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Rachel Riley has given a powerful and emotive speech in Parliament on 09:38 - Jan 23 with 2385 viewsSteve_M

And before anyone decides to comment on this thread because of who has created it, at least go and read and reflect upon what Rachel Riley spoke about.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Rachel Riley has given a powerful and emotive speech in Parliament on 09:48 - Jan 23 with 2341 viewslowhouseblue

what she shows well is the insidious way in which this stuff spreads and the tactics of denial amongst those who spread it.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Rachel Riley has given a powerful and emotive speech in Parliament on 09:50 - Jan 23 with 2326 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rachel Riley has given a powerful and emotive speech in Parliament on 09:38 - Jan 23 by Steve_M

And before anyone decides to comment on this thread because of who has created it, at least go and read and reflect upon what Rachel Riley spoke about.

Thank you Steve. That's why I put the speech up with little comment from myself.

I put it out there simply for people to read, understand and reflect rather than debate or argue.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Rachel Riley has given a powerful and emotive speech in Parliament on 10:48 - Jan 23 with 2215 viewsZedRodgers

Action against antisemitism is necessary and always has been. The conflation of anti-zionism and antisemitism is something which a lot of people on the left and beyond need to work on.

For many people, Rachel has been detracting from tackling antisemitism by illogically calling Chomsky an antisemite and promoting racists as voices that should be listened to.

This guy in particular features heavily in Rachel's Twitter campaign.

While some of the concerns she has raised in her speech are completely legitimate, those that wish to use antisemitism as a political weapon are treating Rachel as mascot for their cause and all this achieves is to ostracise and divide those that need to have a sensible dialogue on this - Personally, I think that's why Glassers has her as his profile picture.

I recently made the mistake of pointing out on Twitter that the person behind the GnasherJew account that Glassers relies on for his faux-outrage had been retweeting and endorsing somebody who posted antisemitic stuff - The very thing they dogpile others for.

Within an hour I had about 20 anonymous accounts sending me countless abusive messages and accusations of being a jew hater. One account sent me screenshots of the Facebook profiles of my family members without any message as some kind of veiled threat. Another account threatened to find out where I worked.

I'm far from alone: https://medium.com/@GregHadfield/revealed-the-labour-party-activists-behind-the-

Rachel endorses these accounts as ways of tackling antisemitism. I disagree that this is the best approach.

Antisemitism is poisonous. Faux-outrage and political weaponisation of antisemitism is poisonous.

No, not at the moment

Rachel Riley has given a powerful and emotive speech in Parliament on 10:58 - Jan 23 with 2181 viewshampstead_blue

Hands-up who supports Corbyn and this horrid group of people?

I got shoved for calling him vile! He is vile as are many in his group.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Rachel Riley has given a powerful and emotive speech in Parliament on 11:08 - Jan 23 with 2142 viewsBrixtonBlue

Rachel Riley has given a powerful and emotive speech in Parliament on 10:58 - Jan 23 by hampstead_blue

Hands-up who supports Corbyn and this horrid group of people?

I got shoved for calling him vile! He is vile as are many in his group.

This thread has nothing to do with Corbyn. Please try not to ruin it. We should all be against antisemitism.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Rachel Riley has given a powerful and emotive speech in Parliament on 11:28 - Jan 23 with 2078 viewshampstead_blue

Rachel Riley has given a powerful and emotive speech in Parliament on 11:08 - Jan 23 by BrixtonBlue

This thread has nothing to do with Corbyn. Please try not to ruin it. We should all be against antisemitism.

I wasn't. It's just asking people to think about whom they support a bit more carefully.
Society should pick-up and drive this type of behaviour into dust.

It's about shining a very bright light at those who RR has bravely named.

By allowing it to continue it just festers and grows in strength.
She is right to speak out.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Rachel Riley has given a powerful and emotive speech in Parliament on 11:57 - Jan 23 with 2022 viewsBrixtonBlue

Rachel Riley has given a powerful and emotive speech in Parliament on 11:28 - Jan 23 by hampstead_blue

I wasn't. It's just asking people to think about whom they support a bit more carefully.
Society should pick-up and drive this type of behaviour into dust.

It's about shining a very bright light at those who RR has bravely named.

By allowing it to continue it just festers and grows in strength.
She is right to speak out.

Absolutely. Good post.

Nothing like your previous post which was literally just Corbyn-bashing. Leave that out of this thread is all I'm asking.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Login to get fewer ads

Rachel Riley has given a powerful and emotive speech in Parliament on 12:42 - Jan 23 with 1923 viewsBellevueblue

The current rise in anti-semitism is truly disgusting and should be of huge concern to both jews and gentile together.

I think the waters are far too muddied for your average person to truly understand the situation, i certainly don't. So many groups are point scoring for political gains and their own personal agendas.

I personally struggle to understand how much criticism of Israel is allowed before being considered anti-semitic. I would never deny the rights of a Jewish homeland but am not blind to the human rights issues that are occurring there. This should be called out as much as any human rights issue worldwide but people on both sides want to push this their way.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024