Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our young team 17:12 - Apr 14 with 1213 viewsGeoffSentence

Is it a bit of a myth?

Our average squad age is only the 11th youngest in the Championship this season, and the average age of the starting XI was 12th youngest.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/altersschnitt/wettbewerb/GB2/plus/1
[Post edited 14 Apr 2019 17:12]

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Our young team on 17:16 - Apr 14 with 1189 viewsMullet

I think Bishop and Kenlock are still considered youngsters, plus when you remove Pennington and Chalobah only one of whom is really a youth anyway it does seem that we are eyeing next year with more prospects.

Nydam has now lost a year of football, Morris, Folami both out for a long time and Woolfenden will unlikely be a first choice CB barring injuries or exceptional development.

Maybe you're right and it's a bit of a myth or misconception, a lot of it perhaps stems from the idea that we will replace McCarthy's old guard with Hurst's etc? There's 5 or so year gap between Nolan and Skuse, Toto and Chambers.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Our young team on 17:20 - Apr 14 with 1163 viewsTendring_Blue

Thing is it's an average. We have a few oldies that push it up.
Our young team on 17:23 - Apr 14 with 1145 viewspositivity

the team finishing at brentford was our youngest league side since keane was in charge, so they're young for us.

the average is brought up by the fact that our old players are very old (skuse/chambers/collins/chambers).

where we're let down is the lack of players in the mid to late 20s, pretty much limited to nolan, nsiala, edwards, we're largely missing a football generation...

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Our young team on 17:55 - Apr 14 with 1073 viewsGeoffSentence

Our young team on 17:20 - Apr 14 by Tendring_Blue

Thing is it's an average. We have a few oldies that push it up.

It's an average for everyone, and we don't have that many real oldies

Only Chambers(34) Collins (35) Gerken (33) and Skuse (33) Dawkins (31) and Bart (31) are over 30 and I'd only say the first two are geriatric in football terms.

Our young team on 17:56 - Apr 14 with 1072 viewsGeoffSentence

Our young team on 17:23 - Apr 14 by positivity

the team finishing at brentford was our youngest league side since keane was in charge, so they're young for us.

the average is brought up by the fact that our old players are very old (skuse/chambers/collins/chambers).

where we're let down is the lack of players in the mid to late 20s, pretty much limited to nolan, nsiala, edwards, we're largely missing a football generation...

A third of the squad is mid-twenties

Toto 27
Knudsen 26
Spence 28
Nolan 26
Edwards 26
Jackson 25
Sears 29
Harrison 25

=== Loans

Penno 24
Quaner 27
Keane 26

Our young team on 17:58 - Apr 14 with 1059 viewspositivity

Our young team on 17:56 - Apr 14 by GeoffSentence

Toto 27
Knudsen 26
Spence 28
Nolan 26
Edwards 26
Jackson 25
Sears 29
Harrison 25

=== Loans

Penno 24
Quaner 27
Keane 26

and of those only sears and knudsen had significant championship experience, at least this year, we'll have a few more of the right age WITH experience of the level they're playing at!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Our young team on 18:01 - Apr 14 with 1039 viewsJ2BLUE

Toto 27
Knudsen 26
Spence 28
Nolan 26
Edwards 26
Jackson 25
Sears 29
Harrison 25

=== Loans

Penno 24
Quaner 27
Keane 26

Next season a lot of youth players will be proper squad players bringing the average age down. Knudsen will be gone. Collins will likely be gone. Sears is injured for at least half of next season so shouldn't be counted. We have two older keepers where age is pretty much irrelevant.

I think the point is that we're not targeting 30+ year old players like Douglas, Varney, etc.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Our young team on 18:29 - Apr 14 with 956 viewsArnieM

Toto 27
Knudsen 26
Spence 28
Nolan 26
Edwards 26
Jackson 25
Sears 29
Harrison 25

=== Loans

Penno 24
Quaner 27
Keane 26

I seriously doubt many of your list will even be at the Club next season.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Login to get fewer ads

Our young team on 18:32 - Apr 14 with 939 viewsGeoffSentence

Our young team on 18:29 - Apr 14 by ArnieM

I seriously doubt many of your list will even be at the Club next season.

The loans will be gone, clearly as will Knudsen and Spence but I reckon most of the other will be here.

But anyway, with regard to this season they were all here and all played a part, so we have had a core of twenty somethings to call on.

Our young team on 18:43 - Apr 14 with 903 viewsArnieM

Our young team on 18:32 - Apr 14 by GeoffSentence

The loans will be gone, clearly as will Knudsen and Spence but I reckon most of the other will be here.

But anyway, with regard to this season they were all here and all played a part, so we have had a core of twenty somethings to call on.

I think Sears and Harrison might lose out unfortunately .

Sears will be out until next Christmas , at the earliest, he will be approaching 30yrs of age by then and will have been out of the game for over a year.

Harrison, I can see us offloading him ( especially if we sign Keane who is a better player), and perhaps trying to work on developing Jackson instead. I personally think Jackson could be our leading scorer next season, but he operates in a strike partnership and not a loan role.

Attackers next season?
Keane
Jackson
Judge
Edwards
Lankester
Norwood??

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Our young team on 18:47 - Apr 14 with 888 viewsSuperfrans

That’s based on players used - and we are looking to use the youngsters more than we have.

Plus, of course, the average age is raised by the inclusion of 3/4 experienced players - Bart, Chambers, Skuse especially, who are 31, 33 and 33.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024