Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
would this work 15:12 - Aug 22 with 3610 viewsbluebare

---------------------Holy
-----wolf-- Skuse/Chambo-- Toto
KVY-------------------------------- Georgiou
--------Downs-------Doze/Huws
-----------------Judge
-------Norwood---Jackson

add Sears and Keen as an alternative front pair

thoughts
would this work on 15:13 - Aug 22 with 3595 viewsHerbivore

No. The back three has no pace, no left footer, and limited ability on the ball.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

would this work on 15:19 - Aug 22 with 3567 viewsbluebare

would this work on 15:13 - Aug 22 by Herbivore

No. The back three has no pace, no left footer, and limited ability on the ball.

Its using the players we have agree ideally would have a left footed C/H Toto has more pace than most Skuse and Wolf comfortable on the ball so don't see your point
[Post edited 22 Aug 2019 15:23]
would this work on 15:26 - Aug 22 with 3542 viewsHerbivore

would this work on 15:19 - Aug 22 by bluebare

Its using the players we have agree ideally would have a left footed C/H Toto has more pace than most Skuse and Wolf comfortable on the ball so don't see your point

Skuse isn't a centre back and has been playing well so far this season in his actual position, so I don't see the merit of dropping him back there. For me as a back three it lacks balance, pace, and ability on the ball. I don't think it's the system for us, we're more suited to a back 4.

would this work on 15:30 - Aug 22 with 3521 viewsMrTown

would this work on 15:19 - Aug 22 by bluebare

Why would we change it right now, we are getting positive results?

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

would this work on 16:00 - Aug 22 with 3468 viewsipswichtillidie

Essentially I think to find our best attacking line up, especially against the poorer teams we should imo only be playing one from Skuse and Downes. For me Downes has to play but you mention dropping Skuse and some people are up in arms. Playing 2 DM players with the talent we have at our disposal in the central positions is where some of our problems have been despite the results.

Gav

would this work on 16:05 - Aug 22 with 3453 viewsHerbivore

would this work on 16:00 - Aug 22 by ipswichtillidie

Essentially I think to find our best attacking line up, especially against the poorer teams we should imo only be playing one from Skuse and Downes. For me Downes has to play but you mention dropping Skuse and some people are up in arms. Playing 2 DM players with the talent we have at our disposal in the central positions is where some of our problems have been despite the results.

I don't think Downes is a defensive midfielder. He's a genuine box to box player.

would this work on 16:08 - Aug 22 with 3443 viewshomer_123

would this work on 15:30 - Aug 22 by MrTown

Why would we change it right now, we are getting positive results?

Struck a lucky draw at Posh - struggled to beat an awful AFC Wimbledon - dropped 2 points against Sunderland.

The one decent result was Burton.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

would this work on 16:14 - Aug 22 with 3432 viewsHerbivore

would this work on 16:08 - Aug 22 by homer_123

Struck a lucky draw at Posh - struggled to beat an awful AFC Wimbledon - dropped 2 points against Sunderland.

8 points from our opening 4 fixtures is good. By all means quibble with the performances but the results have been good.

Login to get fewer ads

would this work on 16:29 - Aug 22 with 3391 viewshomer_123

would this work on 16:14 - Aug 22 by Herbivore

8 points from our opening 4 fixtures is good. By all means quibble with the performances but the results have been good.

But we are talking about changing the system.

We aren't playing so well that it doesn't warrant trying to improve.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

would this work on 16:39 - Aug 22 with 3377 viewsHerbivore

would this work on 16:29 - Aug 22 by homer_123

But we are talking about changing the system.

We aren't playing so well that it doesn't warrant trying to improve.

Novel idea but we could work on our existing system and let it bed in. Some of our fans are obsessed with 3-5-2 for some reason. For me it's clear we don't have the defenders to really make it work and I'm not sure why we're looking at a wholesale change of system after a more than solid start to the season results wise.

would this work on 16:51 - Aug 22 with 3362 viewsLKW15

would this work on 16:39 - Aug 22 by Herbivore

Novel idea but we could work on our existing system and let it bed in. Some of our fans are obsessed with 3-5-2 for some reason. For me it's clear we don't have the defenders to really make it work and I'm not sure why we're looking at a wholesale change of system after a more than solid start to the season results wise.

i really don't get anyone who looks at our centre back options and thinks "lets get as many of them on pitch at the same time as we can".

i agree with you, lambert needs to decide on his best defence and then stick with it until it becomes a cohesive unit
would this work on 16:58 - Aug 22 with 3345 viewsgordon

It's basically this, not counting fringe / younger players, and assuming Sears returns from injury:

---------------------------------------Holy---------------------------------------

V-Young------------Woolfenden--------Chambers/Nsiala------Kenlock/Garbutt

Edwards/Rowe---Huws/Judge/Skuse---Downes/Nolan----Georgiou/Garbutt

----------------------Norwood------Keane/Jackson/Sears-------------

There's really no need to go with anything other than 4-4-2 now with all those options, unless we have strikers injured. The 4-2-3-1 tried against Wimbledon was a daft idea at this level.

For home games against weaker opposition Huws or Judge comes in for Skuse. Can't really see Nolan getting many games with Downes playing a similar role but with more skill and energy (in my opinion), and Huws or Judge offering more creativity as an alternative to either.

Not sure what will happen on the left, but on the right Edwards will keep Rowe out of the team - although we might find that for home games when other teams are sitting deep, Edwards pace but lack of control is less useful, and playing someone like Dozzell, Dobra or El Mizouni will give us a better chance of unlocking a defence.
would this work on 20:02 - Aug 22 with 3254 viewsbluebare

would this work on 15:26 - Aug 22 by Herbivore

Skuse isn't a centre back and has been playing well so far this season in his actual position, so I don't see the merit of dropping him back there. For me as a back three it lacks balance, pace, and ability on the ball. I don't think it's the system for us, we're more suited to a back 4.

back 4 exposes the full backs as not good enough and flaws in the centerhalves there is no need to have Skuse and Downs and Downs is the future Skuse or Chambers would add experience to the back 3 allowing the younger ones to develop we do need a left footer though like Tilt
would this work on 20:09 - Aug 22 with 3244 viewsbluebare

would this work on 16:51 - Aug 22 by LKW15

i really don't get anyone who looks at our centre back options and thinks "lets get as many of them on pitch at the same time as we can".

i agree with you, lambert needs to decide on his best defence and then stick with it until it becomes a cohesive unit

the point is our centre backs are competent but our full backs are not so the system allows younger ones to develop while not exposing them
would this work on 20:23 - Aug 22 with 3215 viewspointofblue

would this work on 16:58 - Aug 22 by gordon

It's basically this, not counting fringe / younger players, and assuming Sears returns from injury:

---------------------------------------Holy---------------------------------------

There's really no need to go with anything other than 4-4-2 now with all those options, unless we have strikers injured. The 4-2-3-1 tried against Wimbledon was a daft idea at this level.

For home games against weaker opposition Huws or Judge comes in for Skuse. Can't really see Nolan getting many games with Downes playing a similar role but with more skill and energy (in my opinion), and Huws or Judge offering more creativity as an alternative to either.

Not sure what will happen on the left, but on the right Edwards will keep Rowe out of the team - although we might find that for home games when other teams are sitting deep, Edwards pace but lack of control is less useful, and playing someone like Dozzell, Dobra or El Mizouni will give us a better chance of unlocking a defence.

The only time to go one up front would be to put Judge directly behind the striker, pushing the wingers (Rowe/Edwards? and Georgiou) up in support with Skuse and Downes sitting back.

The Wimbledon performance is an anomaly for me because we were very poor in a 4-3-3 but improved once Jackson came on - in games we're expected to win we have to try and play 4-4-2 but I understand having just two fit strikers may put that approach under risk.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

would this work on 20:32 - Aug 22 with 3195 viewsHerbivore

would this work on 20:02 - Aug 22 by bluebare

back 4 exposes the full backs as not good enough and flaws in the centerhalves there is no need to have Skuse and Downs and Downs is the future Skuse or Chambers would add experience to the back 3 allowing the younger ones to develop we do need a left footer though like Tilt

We've just signed a new right back who will be plenty good enough. Kenlock should be okay at this level but if not Georgiou or Garbutt will replace him. Our centre backs aren't suited to a back three so I see no good reason to switch to that formation.

would this work on 20:52 - Aug 22 with 3164 viewslmfcblue

would this work on 16:58 - Aug 22 by gordon

it wasnt 4.2.3.1 against Wimbledon, it was 4.3.3 (flat midfield 3) we had no one in behind Norwood. Downes got closest too him at times but Norwood isolated for 70 mins
would this work on 20:54 - Aug 22 with 3156 viewsMrTown

would this work on 16:08 - Aug 22 by homer_123

And yet we are joint third and unbeaten. Three top 8 sides, 2 automatic pushing sides, still unbeaten.

But yeah lets change it.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024