Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sooo.... 1 league game in the next month... 10:06 - Oct 27 with 2446 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

...at least we should be putting out our strongest XI for the FA cup.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Sooo.... 1 league game in the next month... on 10:59 - Oct 27 with 2373 viewsHerbivore

We have three league games in the next month.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Sooo.... 1 league game in the next month... on 11:07 - Oct 27 with 2350 viewsPJH

Sooo.... 1 league game in the next month... on 10:59 - Oct 27 by Herbivore

Although if you take a month as being 28 days/4 weeks we have two.
Sooo.... 1 league game in the next month... on 11:17 - Oct 27 with 2327 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Sooo.... 1 league game in the next month... on 10:59 - Oct 27 by Herbivore

Bloody pedant!
Between today 28th and 22nd (so 26 days)....we will have 1 league game against the mighty Rochdale....hopefully we will play a strong team against Lincoln.

Sooo.... 1 league game in the next month... on 11:37 - Oct 27 with 2283 viewsfactual_blue

Sooo.... 1 league game in the next month... on 11:17 - Oct 27 by BanksterDebtSlave

Bloody pedant!
Between today 28th and 22nd (so 26 days)....we will have 1 league game against the mighty Rochdale....hopefully we will play a strong team against Lincoln.

Twenty-six days isn't a month. Strictly speaking, an average month is one-twelfth of an average year, or 365.25 divided by 12, which equals 30.4375‬ days.

Hope that helps.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Sooo.... 1 league game in the next month... on 11:43 - Oct 27 with 2260 viewsbournemouthblue

Sooo.... 1 league game in the next month... on 11:17 - Oct 27 by BanksterDebtSlave

Bloody pedant!

It needs to be physically strong or we are likely to end up with another Accrington or Rotherham debacle

Lincoln are going to be a big rugged outfit

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Sooo.... 1 league game in the next month... on 12:38 - Oct 27 with 2167 viewsBluebell

Stupid question maybe but is the Oxford game definitely postponed?
Sooo.... 1 league game in the next month... on 12:40 - Oct 27 with 2162 viewsHerbivore

Sooo.... 1 league game in the next month... on 11:07 - Oct 27 by PJH

Although if you take a month as being 28 days/4 weeks we have two.

I think of a month as being a month. Either way, we certainly don't only have one league game in the next month.

Sooo.... 1 league game in the next month... on 12:41 - Oct 27 with 2157 viewsHerbivore

Sooo.... 1 league game in the next month... on 12:38 - Oct 27 by Bluebell

Stupid question maybe but is the Oxford game definitely postponed?

Not definitely but I'd say it's 99%. We'll have enough call ups and we've always postponed when that's the case.

Login to get fewer ads

Sooo.... 1 league game in the next month... on 14:02 - Oct 27 with 2075 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Sooo.... 1 league game in the next month... on 12:40 - Oct 27 by Herbivore

I think of a month as being a month. Either way, we certainly don't only have one league game in the next month.

Further evidence of your complete inability to think out of the box!
Do you think we should play a strong team in the cup with only having 2 league games In the next 27 days?

Sooo.... 1 league game in the next month... on 14:07 - Oct 27 with 2062 viewsHerbivore

Sooo.... 1 league game in the next month... on 14:02 - Oct 27 by BanksterDebtSlave

Further evidence of your complete inability to think out of the box!
Do you think we should play a strong team in the cup with only having 2 league games In the next 27 days?

A strong team, yes. Not necessarily our strongest though. It's a good chance to get some minutes into youngsters and fringe players.

Sorry that when people say a month I expect they mean a month as opposed to a few weeks. Curse my literal mind.

Sooo.... 1 league game in the next month... on 14:13 - Oct 27 with 2046 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Sooo.... 1 league game in the next month... on 14:07 - Oct 27 by Herbivore

A strong team, yes. Not necessarily our strongest though. It's a good chance to get some minutes into youngsters and fringe players.

Sorry that when people say a month I expect they mean a month as opposed to a few weeks. Curse my literal mind.

Are you on the spectrum Herbs?

Sooo.... 1 league game in the next month... on 14:34 - Oct 27 with 2021 viewsHerbivore

Sooo.... 1 league game in the next month... on 14:13 - Oct 27 by BanksterDebtSlave

Are you on the spectrum Herbs?

No. It's just when someone specifies a time period of a month I think they mean an actual month. I don't think that means I'm on the spectrum on the spectrum. That's actually a pretty crass question as well, to be honest.

Sooo.... 1 league game in the next month... on 14:46 - Oct 27 with 1998 viewsSomethingBlue

Sooo.... 1 league game in the next month... on 12:41 - Oct 27 by Herbivore

Not definitely but I'd say it's 99%. We'll have enough call ups and we've always postponed when that's the case.

It's also a difficult game now — may well end up being a top three of us, them and Posh in whatever order. Particularly good idea to have everyone about for it.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Sooo.... 1 league game in the next month... on 14:46 - Oct 27 with 1998 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Sooo.... 1 league game in the next month... on 14:34 - Oct 27 by Herbivore

No. It's just when someone specifies a time period of a month I think they mean an actual month. I don't think that means I'm on the spectrum on the spectrum. That's actually a pretty crass question as well, to be honest.

Do you think Herbs....lighten up !
Why do you find it crass...it would just have helped to explain on you picking up on it....but not being wrong by suggesting it was 3! (ok in all likelihood wrong)
[Post edited 27 Oct 2019 17:03]

Sooo.... 1 league game in the next month... on 15:02 - Oct 27 with 1968 viewsHerbivore

Sooo.... 1 league game in the next month... on 14:46 - Oct 27 by BanksterDebtSlave

Do you think Herbs....lighten up !
Why do you find it crass...it would just have helped to explain on you picking up on it....but not being wrong by suggesting it was 3! (ok in all likelihood wrong)
[Post edited 27 Oct 2019 17:03]

It's kind of a form of gaslighting really, mate. Suggesting someone has a learning disability because you were wrong about something. Just not really cool.

Sooo.... 1 league game in the next month... on 16:57 - Oct 27 with 1848 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Sooo.... 1 league game in the next month... on 15:02 - Oct 27 by Herbivore

It's kind of a form of gaslighting really, mate. Suggesting someone has a learning disability because you were wrong about something. Just not really cool.

Funnily enough I had never thought of it as a learning disability just a different way of being so no negative connotations had been applied.

Edit...several of the people I know who have been labelled as being on the spectrum are sticklers for detail but in this instance I acknowledge that you were just being pedantic.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2019 17:01]

Sooo.... 1 league game in the next month... on 17:06 - Oct 27 with 1819 viewsHerbivore

Sooo.... 1 league game in the next month... on 16:57 - Oct 27 by BanksterDebtSlave

Funnily enough I had never thought of it as a learning disability just a different way of being so no negative connotations had been applied.

Edit...several of the people I know who have been labelled as being on the spectrum are sticklers for detail but in this instance I acknowledge that you were just being pedantic.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2019 17:01]

I'm just railing against the current lax attitude towards facts and details that is gradually eroding our society, fam. No offence taken anyway, I was yanking your chain.

Sooo.... 1 league game in the next month... on 17:11 - Oct 27 with 1812 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Sooo.... 1 league game in the next month... on 17:06 - Oct 27 by Herbivore

I'm just railing against the current lax attitude towards facts and details that is gradually eroding our society, fam. No offence taken anyway, I was yanking your chain.

Me too ....I was walking past Miss Slave with a hedgecutter earlier and she said "off to do some sawing?" I said "not with a hedgecutter." and she called me a pedant...I said "you should try chatting with Herbs!" so she now wants to know why you are called Herbivore....I told her not to be so nosy.

Sooo.... 1 league game in the next month... on 17:12 - Oct 27 with 1805 viewsHerbivore

Sooo.... 1 league game in the next month... on 17:11 - Oct 27 by BanksterDebtSlave

Me too ....I was walking past Miss Slave with a hedgecutter earlier and she said "off to do some sawing?" I said "not with a hedgecutter." and she called me a pedant...I said "you should try chatting with Herbs!" so she now wants to know why you are called Herbivore....I told her not to be so nosy.

That made me chuckle. You can tell her it's because I don't dig on flesh.

Sooo.... 1 league game in the next month... on 17:18 - Oct 27 with 1791 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Sooo.... 1 league game in the next month... on 17:12 - Oct 27 by Herbivore

That made me chuckle. You can tell her it's because I don't dig on flesh.

Passed it on ..... she had assumed you were a pothead, which probably says more about her than you!

Sooo.... 1 league game in the next month... on 17:20 - Oct 27 with 1784 viewsHerbivore

Sooo.... 1 league game in the next month... on 17:18 - Oct 27 by BanksterDebtSlave

Passed it on ..... she had assumed you were a pothead, which probably says more about her than you!

I used to be in fairness back in my uni days, which is when the nickname stuck. Liked the herb, didn't like the flesh.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024