Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lisbon Stag Do 14:54 - Jan 17 with 1676 viewsskyblue23

I'm arranging a stag do for March next year which most places are obviously going to be cold so I've come across Lisbon which has some decent stag like activities.

Just wondering if anybody on here is a Lisbon regular and could tell me if March time in Lisbon would make for a good stag with 12/15 blokes?

We'd basically just want to be drinking all day so wondered if decent bars open early enough and will the place have an atmosphere or is it quiet that time of year?

Any drinking areas with a few bars near each other you could name would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Lisbon Stag Do on 15:00 - Jan 17 with 1664 viewsBlueBadger

Can't name you bars, but the Bairro Alto corner of town is pretty lively most of the time, but particularly on a Saturday night(assuming the weather's half-decent, if my experience is anything to go by).
Weather-wise you'll be looking at temperatures of around 18 degrees(wish) in the daytime and about 10 at night but weather can be somewhat changeable still at that time of year.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g189158-d195105-Reviews-Bairro_A

Lisboa in general is a terrific city to visit though.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2020 15:01]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Lisbon Stag Do on 15:28 - Jan 17 with 1607 viewsKTBlue

Lisbon Stag Do on 15:00 - Jan 17 by BlueBadger

Can't name you bars, but the Bairro Alto corner of town is pretty lively most of the time, but particularly on a Saturday night(assuming the weather's half-decent, if my experience is anything to go by).
Weather-wise you'll be looking at temperatures of around 18 degrees(wish) in the daytime and about 10 at night but weather can be somewhat changeable still at that time of year.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g189158-d195105-Reviews-Bairro_A

Lisboa in general is a terrific city to visit though.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2020 15:01]

I love Lisbon, and as BB says the Bario Alto is superb, one of my top 3 foreign drinking places on earth. Doesnt tend to get lively until late though, but there are plenty of other places from (hazy) memory. Stupidly cheap as well, or was when I went 8 years ago or so.
Lisbon Stag Do on 15:32 - Jan 17 with 1605 viewsBlueBadger

Lisbon Stag Do on 15:28 - Jan 17 by KTBlue

I love Lisbon, and as BB says the Bario Alto is superb, one of my top 3 foreign drinking places on earth. Doesnt tend to get lively until late though, but there are plenty of other places from (hazy) memory. Stupidly cheap as well, or was when I went 8 years ago or so.

Still very reasonable, but not quite as much since the collapse of the pound against the Euro.

Pro tip for restaurants: be aware of the custom of the 'couvert'. Personally, I love it, but you should definitely be aware.

https://www.portugalist.com/portugal-couvert/
[Post edited 17 Jan 2020 15:34]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Lisbon Stag Do on 16:12 - Jan 17 with 1540 viewsMullet

Lisbon is a superb city. When I went to Benfica there were café bars serving booze all day from the centre down to the ground, so I can't imagine it'll be a problem.

My mate just came back and said that dealers operate blocks and double up as drug dealers and tour guide/fixers if that's what you're after, so I guess if that's the type of stag do you want then you're well away.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024