Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You know we are supposed to be a really young team 17:34 - Jan 17 with 1710 viewsdavblue

Opportunities for u23 young players is on lower end of the scale for the league.
You know we are supposed to be a really young team on 17:36 - Jan 17 with 1686 viewsTractorCam

And? We have a good balance of experience and youngsters. You have the experience like Chambers and Garbutt playing every week as well as the youngsters like Downes and Wolf.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2020 17:37]

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

You know we are supposed to be a really young team on 19:17 - Jan 17 with 1490 viewsJDB23

You know we are supposed to be a really young team on 17:36 - Jan 17 by TractorCam

And? We have a good balance of experience and youngsters. You have the experience like Chambers and Garbutt playing every week as well as the youngsters like Downes and Wolf.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2020 17:37]

Don't think he's complaining about our balance, more just confirming Lambert's rhetoric about us being "a really young team" is nonsense.
You know we are supposed to be a really young team on 19:24 - Jan 17 with 1448 viewsdavblue

You know we are supposed to be a really young team on 19:17 - Jan 17 by JDB23

Don't think he's complaining about our balance, more just confirming Lambert's rhetoric about us being "a really young team" is nonsense.

Yeah this I’m not having a go at anyone just the perception that we are a really young team is wrong.
You know we are supposed to be a really young team on 19:25 - Jan 17 with 1440 viewsSwansea_Blue

I’m pretty sure we were last year. Maybe teams in L1 have to rely on younger players as they’re cheaper or having to replace anyone with potential who is sold? Dunno.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

You know we are supposed to be a really young team on 21:10 - Jan 17 with 1237 viewsTractorCam

You know we are supposed to be a really young team on 19:24 - Jan 17 by davblue

Yeah this I’m not having a go at anyone just the perception that we are a really young team is wrong.

My apologises. I think the perception is that we have loads of options, like for the EFL trophy games for example we've had many youngsters given minutes under their belts.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

You know we are supposed to be a really young team on 21:45 - Jan 17 with 1161 viewsHerbivore

In reality the only youngsters who feature regularly for us are Downes and Woolfy.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

You know we are supposed to be a really young team on 22:02 - Jan 17 with 1113 viewsRonFearonsHair

You know we are supposed to be a really young team on 21:45 - Jan 17 by Herbivore

In reality the only youngsters who feature regularly for us are Downes and Woolfy.

Even then I thought the consensus was that they were old enough to step up to the plate now? It’s not as though we are throwing in Dobra and El Mizouni on a regular basis. They are the youngsters now.
You know we are supposed to be a really young team on 22:04 - Jan 17 with 1106 viewsclive_baker

We've probably got greater U23 depth than any of those others, when you consider the likes of Morris, Nydam, Bishop, El Mizouni, Dobra, Dozzell, Downes, Lankester, Woolfenden etc, but one reason or another (in some cases injuries) have prevented them getting as many league minutes this season as they otherwise might have. We've also got a handful that while not "young", are probably on the cusp and still very much maturing - KVY and Kenlock are both 23, Jackson 25 etc. I can see why Lambert would look at his senior 22 man squad and think on balance it's pretty young.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

You know we are supposed to be a really young team on 22:07 - Jan 17 with 1089 viewsdavblue

You know we are supposed to be a really young team on 22:04 - Jan 17 by clive_baker

We've probably got greater U23 depth than any of those others, when you consider the likes of Morris, Nydam, Bishop, El Mizouni, Dobra, Dozzell, Downes, Lankester, Woolfenden etc, but one reason or another (in some cases injuries) have prevented them getting as many league minutes this season as they otherwise might have. We've also got a handful that while not "young", are probably on the cusp and still very much maturing - KVY and Kenlock are both 23, Jackson 25 etc. I can see why Lambert would look at his senior 22 man squad and think on balance it's pretty young.

yeah agree with that, that's all fair, would be interesting for the average age of our squad vs other squads.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024