Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well this is what you call bold advertising! 11:40 - Feb 21 with 1062 viewsBrixtonBlue

https://www-adweek-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/www.adweek.com/creativity/why-burg

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Well this is what you call bold advertising! on 11:47 - Feb 21 with 1035 viewsitfcjoe

I don't like it, it doesn't in any way make me want to go out and buy the product.

Looks like one where they have tried to be too clever and gone down a path the advertising guys have pushed and will regret it

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Well this is what you call bold advertising! on 11:51 - Feb 21 with 1026 viewsfooters

It will need to go some way to beat KFC Japan's 'I Love Colonel Sanders' dating simulator from last year.

But what most of adland won't like to admit is that all these 'edgy' bizarre campaigns just aren't as effective as repeatedly hammering one simple message. Trivago is probably the best recent example of that, or maybe Brexit means Brexit :)

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Well this is what you call bold advertising! on 11:55 - Feb 21 with 1014 viewsDyland

Love this -

https://www.icelandreview.com/news/icelands-last-mcdonalds-order-just-turned-ten

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Well this is what you call bold advertising! on 11:56 - Feb 21 with 1006 viewsDarth_Koont

Certainly bold but not sure if it's bold good or bold bad.

It's either getting to the heart of their target audience and their concerns or as I suspect it's a sign of marketing and advertising people bored and slightly apologetic about actually selling products.

It's also a sort of "honesty" that perhaps deflects from the real honesty about their products and their impact that burger chains increasingly need to address.

Pronouns: He/Him

Well this is what you call bold advertising! on 12:03 - Feb 21 with 987 viewsSwansea_Blue

Well this is what you call bold advertising! on 11:55 - Feb 21 by Dyland

Love this -

https://www.icelandreview.com/news/icelands-last-mcdonalds-order-just-turned-ten

I remember seeing a programme a few years back where they lab tested Maccy Ds against Burger King, and found exactly that. The Macdonald’s stuff looked pristine after weeks/months. I’ve not touched one since.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

never again (n/t) on 12:43 - Feb 21 with 939 viewsDyland

Well this is what you call bold advertising! on 12:03 - Feb 21 by Swansea_Blue

I remember seeing a programme a few years back where they lab tested Maccy Ds against Burger King, and found exactly that. The Macdonald’s stuff looked pristine after weeks/months. I’ve not touched one since.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Well this is what you call bold advertising! on 13:08 - Feb 21 with 914 viewsWeWereZombies

Well this is what you call bold advertising! on 12:03 - Feb 21 by Swansea_Blue

Not sure if I will be rushing into Burger King (there are not so many of them around after all) but this thread is likely to have me joining you (special mention for Dyland's contribution) in giving McDonald's a wide berth for anything other than an affordable tea or coffee.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Well this is what you call bold advertising! on 13:15 - Feb 21 with 899 viewsBrixtonBlue

Well this is what you call bold advertising! on 11:47 - Feb 21 by itfcjoe

I don't like it, it doesn't in any way make me want to go out and buy the product.

Looks like one where they have tried to be too clever and gone down a path the advertising guys have pushed and will regret it

This is the danger of course.

I'm kind of torn. It's very striking/will get noticed, which of course all advertising needs to do, and often struggles to do with so many messages being fired at people. And it certainly makes its point.

But will your regular Joe (pun intended) just be put off?

I've not actually seen any of these ads out in the real world and I suspect there's only been a few made (if they are indeed out in the real world at all) in order to win an award. Edgy/different tends to win the awards.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024