Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last time this fixture was played. 17:03 - Feb 21 with 1514 viewsFather_Jack

Thanks to Phil for reminding me that tomorrow's fixture last occurred in1999. Was anyone else there?

Two notable memories for me: Marlon Harewood diverting a goal-bound shot onto the post from about 12 inches out, but much more importantly, there's a picture of me in the programme.

Less is more.

Last time this fixture was played. on 17:15 - Feb 21 with 1472 viewsPhilTWTD

No problem. Was it the Marlon Harewood miss game? I hadn't remembered it was that match.
Last time this fixture was played. on 17:22 - Feb 21 with 1463 viewsTrequartista

Last time this fixture was played. on 17:15 - Feb 21 by PhilTWTD

No problem. Was it the Marlon Harewood miss game? I hadn't remembered it was that match.

My memory is that the miss was in a period of the match where we scored at least 2 other goals, so went down as a comedy incident rather than one to be rued.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Last time this fixture was played. on 17:25 - Feb 21 with 1449 viewsFather_Jack

Last time this fixture was played. on 17:22 - Feb 21 by Trequartista

My memory is that the miss was in a period of the match where we scored at least 2 other goals, so went down as a comedy incident rather than one to be rued.

Agreed.

Less is more.

Last time this fixture was played. on 17:31 - Feb 21 with 1438 viewsTommyparker

2-1 Holland, Venus
Yes this is the game when Hardwood somehow hit the post from one yard out. Holland scored from a Clapham corner. Moments later Town are ahead as Venus converts a penalty after Johnson is fouled by Brian Wilsterman.

Town
Wright
Wilinis
Thetis
Clapham
Mowbray
Venus
Dyer
Holland
Harewood
Magilton
Naylor
Att 16,920.
Last time this fixture was played. on 18:00 - Feb 21 with 1386 viewsFather_Jack

Last time this fixture was played. on 17:31 - Feb 21 by Tommyparker

2-1 Holland, Venus
Yes this is the game when Hardwood somehow hit the post from one yard out. Holland scored from a Clapham corner. Moments later Town are ahead as Venus converts a penalty after Johnson is fouled by Brian Wilsterman.

Town
Wright
Wilinis
Thetis
Clapham
Mowbray
Venus
Dyer
Holland
Harewood
Magilton
Naylor
Att 16,920.

Venus was nominated MoM and I got a nice photo with him, Bobby Petta and Fab after the game.

Less is more.

Last time this fixture was played. on 18:08 - Feb 21 with 1377 viewsRadlett_blue

2-1 Holland, Venus

Town
Wright
Wilinis
Thetis
Clapham
Mowbray
Venus
Dyer
Holland
Harewood
Magilton
Naylor
Att 16,920.

Brian Wilsterman - I guess one of his parents was from Wiltshire and the other from Northern Ireland.
Playing Oxford United at home always remind me of April 1986, when a late winner made us think Town were going to avoid relegation. Unfortunately, a dubious defeat at West Ham & another loss at Sheffield Wednesday did for us, with Oxford benefiting from playing their last game at home to Arsenal after the season had effectively ended & Arsenal were on the beach. I can still picture the odious Robert Maxwell doing a lap of honour around the Manor Ground pitch.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Last time this fixture was played. on 20:45 - Feb 21 with 1242 viewsbackwaywhen

2-1 Holland, Venus

Town
Wright
Wilinis
Thetis
Clapham
Mowbray
Venus
Dyer
Holland
Harewood
Magilton
Naylor
Att 16,920.

Check that attendance ..... few more tomorrow and a tier lower and a poorer side , bonkers !
Last time this fixture was played. on 21:33 - Feb 21 with 1185 viewsSomethingBlue

I was there. A real shame - and surprise - that Harewood's miss has never surfaced online.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Login to get fewer ads

Last time this fixture was played. on 08:42 - Feb 22 with 984 viewsTonytown

2-1 Holland, Venus

Town
Wright
Wilinis
Thetis
Clapham
Mowbray
Venus
Dyer
Holland
Harewood
Magilton
Naylor
Att 16,920.

What a side we had then.

TWTD
Last time this fixture was played. on 09:04 - Feb 22 with 965 viewsgetawig

Last time this fixture was played. on 08:42 - Feb 22 by Tonytown

What a side we had then.

TWTD

Imagine having a midfield 3 of Holland Dyer and Magilton starting today!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024