Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Too comfortable..........? 14:35 - Mar 2 with 1023 viewsbobbyramsey

I've often seen on this board that the players are "too comfortable," what do people mean by this? Paid too much, molly-coddled, spoilt, no admonishmeent??

Do they need a tougher environment? I'm sure Mr Evans would be happy to oblige given half a chance......
[Post edited 2 Mar 2020 14:36]
Too comfortable..........? on 14:44 - Mar 2 with 993 viewsGuthrum

Usually, players being too secure in their position in the team, implying that they are not having to try so hard to retain that.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Too comfortable..........? on 15:09 - Mar 2 with 964 viewsBrianTablet

I'd say one perception might be that the players being paid a barrow-load of money for not being particularly good at football. Particularly as anyone older than 15 has seen better players/teams/cohesion/etc at first hand.

Also, being a young millionaire might possibly make you more reticent to get your knees muddy on a cold Tuesday night in Rochdale?
[Post edited 2 Mar 2020 15:18]

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Too comfortable..........? on 15:48 - Mar 2 with 920 viewsbobbyramsey

Too comfortable..........? on 15:09 - Mar 2 by BrianTablet

I'd say one perception might be that the players being paid a barrow-load of money for not being particularly good at football. Particularly as anyone older than 15 has seen better players/teams/cohesion/etc at first hand.

Also, being a young millionaire might possibly make you more reticent to get your knees muddy on a cold Tuesday night in Rochdale?

Yes possibly but players at other clubs don't seem to mind getting cold and muddy.....
Too comfortable..........? on 15:51 - Mar 2 with 911 viewsChrisd

Too comfortable..........? on 15:48 - Mar 2 by bobbyramsey

Yes possibly but players at other clubs don't seem to mind getting cold and muddy.....

Is it because they know ME won't go out and spend on a decent replacement, so they know their place is safe from any real competition?

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Too comfortable..........? on 16:00 - Mar 2 with 888 viewsFenland_Blue

Mick Mills picked up on this weeks ago, he said the atmosphere is like a holiday camp.

Not enough graft going towards getting in the team, even if it means upsetting other players to go the extra yard to break into the squad.

Up and mainly down, following Town since 88

Too comfortable..........? on 16:55 - Mar 2 with 831 viewsClareBlue

Maybe, but they actually played well on a cold night in Rochdale on 5th November.
Too comfortable..........? on 17:04 - Mar 2 with 810 viewscbower

Too comfortable..........? on 16:55 - Mar 2 by ClareBlue

Maybe, but they actually played well on a cold night in Rochdale on 5th November.

Yes we won but once again it was a very dull performance only lit up by Nov 5th fireworks.. 3 points is 3 points though!

bluescouser

Too comfortable..........? on 17:53 - Mar 2 with 780 viewsOxford_Blue

Most of them took pay cuts on relegation
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024