Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
contracts up in the summer 20:09 - Mar 8 with 2229 viewspositivity

any corrections? any you'd keep on (or sign in the case of the loanees)?

norris
wilson
earl
garbutt
dobra
skuse
mcgavin
edwards
keane
roberts
rowe

for me, garbutt would have been a must until a few weeks ago, definitely dobra & edwards, take up the options on keane & rowe. not bothered about the rest

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

contracts up in the summer on 20:12 - Mar 8 with 2198 viewsPJH

Dozzell is also out of contract otherwise I think your list is correct.
ONE YEAR EXTENSION CLAUSE (n/t) on 20:22 - Mar 8 with 2152 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

contracts up in the summer on 20:12 - Mar 8 by PJH

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

contracts up in the summer on 20:23 - Mar 8 with 2140 viewspositivity

contracts up in the summer on 20:12 - Mar 8 by PJH

ok, thought he had another year. do we have an option on him?

i'd try and keep him either way

contracts up in the summer on 20:31 - Mar 8 with 2107 viewsChrisd

Pity really, was hoping there were a few others on that list, but here goes:

norris - go
wilson- go
earl - he'll go back to his parent club
garbutt - he'll go back to his parent club
dobra - offer new contract
skuse - go
mcgavin- offer new contract
edwards - offer new contract and play him as a winger in front of KVY.
keane - think he'll go
roberts - I'd like to see him played in a wide role here either in a 4-4-2 or in 4-3-3
rowe - go
Dozzell - offer new contract and play him. Think he'll go though.

It will be really interesting to watch developments over the summer. Feel we need to rebuild and freshen up the squad. IMO, we need to build a side and play a mix of our younger players and sign some good experienced pros that know how to get the job done in this league, we're too soft as a side and not physical enough.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2020 20:32]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

contracts up in the summer on 20:34 - Mar 8 with 2090 viewsPJH

contracts up in the summer on 20:23 - Mar 8 by positivity

ok, thought he had another year. do we have an option on him?

i'd try and keep him either way

Yes there is an option although technically at this moment he is only contracted until June 30th.
contracts up in the summer on 20:56 - Mar 8 with 2036 viewsMercian

contracts up in the summer on 20:34 - Mar 8 by PJH

Yes there is an option although technically at this moment he is only contracted until June 30th.

If I were DozzelI I would leave. 3 years ago he was thought of in the same bracket as Foden and Sessegnon, now he is a sporadic player in an average League One team. Perhaps partly his fault but when he has been given a chance he has not been given any time to develop any form. The injury set him back but that was 2 1/2 years ago and since coming back he has hardly moved on at all. If he is to live up to his potential he must play more often than not or leave.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2020 21:00]
contracts up in the summer on 20:59 - Mar 8 with 2017 viewspositivity

contracts up in the summer on 20:56 - Mar 8 by Mercian

If I were DozzelI I would leave. 3 years ago he was thought of in the same bracket as Foden and Sessegnon, now he is a sporadic player in an average League One team. Perhaps partly his fault but when he has been given a chance he has not been given any time to develop any form. The injury set him back but that was 2 1/2 years ago and since coming back he has hardly moved on at all. If he is to live up to his potential he must play more often than not or leave.

i'd want to leave too, but presume the option's in the club's favour.

sounds odd, but i think he'd fare better in the championship or even prem club, tend to get more time on the ball, but who's going to take a punt on him if he can't get into a mid-table l1 club?

contracts up in the summer on 20:59 - Mar 8 with 2014 viewsPJH

contracts up in the summer on 20:56 - Mar 8 by Mercian

I think if the club exercise their years option there is not much he can do about it so to that extent he does not yet have a choice.

It would of course be up to him and his advisers whether he signed another contract.

If he is clearly unhappy it would not really be in anyone's interest to exercise the years option though.
Login to get fewer ads

contracts up in the summer on 21:08 - Mar 8 with 1991 viewsMercian

contracts up in the summer on 20:59 - Mar 8 by positivity

i'd want to leave too, but presume the option's in the club's favour.

sounds odd, but i think he'd fare better in the championship or even prem club, tend to get more time on the ball, but who's going to take a punt on him if he can't get into a mid-table l1 club?

Of the English Professional leagues I think League One is the hardest to develop a career in. It is OK for tenacious and aggressive players like Downes but harder for technically gifted youngsters like Andre and Dobra. Ben Woodburn who is similarly gifted struggled at Oxford before getting injured. League One is the ultimate big strong journeyman's league, even more so than league Two.
contracts up in the summer on 21:30 - Mar 8 with 1938 viewsjas0999

contracts up in the summer on 20:31 - Mar 8 by Chrisd

Pity really, was hoping there were a few others on that list, but here goes:

norris - go
wilson- go
earl - he'll go back to his parent club
garbutt - he'll go back to his parent club
dobra - offer new contract
skuse - go
mcgavin- offer new contract
edwards - offer new contract and play him as a winger in front of KVY.
keane - think he'll go
roberts - I'd like to see him played in a wide role here either in a 4-4-2 or in 4-3-3
rowe - go
Dozzell - offer new contract and play him. Think he'll go though.

It will be really interesting to watch developments over the summer. Feel we need to rebuild and freshen up the squad. IMO, we need to build a side and play a mix of our younger players and sign some good experienced pros that know how to get the job done in this league, we're too soft as a side and not physical enough.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2020 20:32]

Roberts will go. No doubt about that!
contracts up in the summer on 22:36 - Mar 8 with 1834 viewsDoctor_Earman

Wilson has another year on his contract so he'll be here next season. As for the rest, I'd keep Dozzell, Dobra, McGavin, Edwards, and possibly Rowe. I'd also like to keep Garbutt but that's pie in the sky unfortunately due to being in League One and his likely wage demands.
contracts up in the summer on 10:21 - Mar 9 with 1635 viewsmartyblue

norris go back never to return
wilson keep
earl go back
garbutt keep if possible
dobra keep
skuse release
mcgavin keep
edwards keep
keane release
roberts release
rowe keep
contracts up in the summer on 10:28 - Mar 9 with 1611 viewsmonty_radio

Much would depend on who the manager is. A more technically adroit manager would want to keep Keane and Skuse. Considering we'll be a L1 hopeful next season there wouldn't be too many seasoned (but not old) pros like Edwards available to us. Garbutt has flattered to deceive, as some Oxford fans predicted he would, but we would definitely need a left back. I wouldn't think that Earl on a year's loan would cost more than Garbutt.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2020 12:58]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

contracts up in the summer on 10:56 - Mar 9 with 1570 viewsSamWhiteUK

contracts up in the summer on 20:59 - Mar 8 by PJH

I think if the club exercise their years option there is not much he can do about it so to that extent he does not yet have a choice.

It would of course be up to him and his advisers whether he signed another contract.

If he is clearly unhappy it would not really be in anyone's interest to exercise the years option though.

It would if it were the difference between getting a fee for him, and nothing
contracts up in the summer on 11:16 - Mar 9 with 1522 viewsPJH

contracts up in the summer on 10:56 - Mar 9 by SamWhiteUK

It would if it were the difference between getting a fee for him, and nothing

Yes true, I did think of that after I made my post.

If they take up the option they might have a very unhappy Dozzell on their hands but at least in August they could get a fee of some sort for him because he would still have almost a year on his contract.

I also overlooked the fact that Wilson was listed in the OP as being out of contract but in fact he is contracted until June 2021.
contracts up in the summer on 11:23 - Mar 9 with 1502 viewsitfc48

Can't see Garbutt staying. He looked like he didn't want to be there on Saturday - someone mentioned he had bit of a barney with the Sir Bobby Robson stand after the Fleetwood game?

If he did stay, it has to be as a midfielder rather than a left back. He really isn't a defender, I'd even go as far as saying that Edwards looked a better defender than him on Saturday.
contracts up in the summer on 11:53 - Mar 9 with 1457 viewssaffers12

contracts up in the summer on 20:59 - Mar 8 by PJH

Thought Wilson signed for 1 1./2 seasons?
contracts up in the summer on 11:58 - Mar 9 with 1443 viewsPJH

contracts up in the summer on 11:53 - Mar 9 by saffers12

Thought Wilson signed for 1 1./2 seasons?

Yes, Wilson is contracted until 30th June 2021-I did not notice that he was on the list in the OP.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024