Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Facemask sightings... 21:17 - Mar 11 with 1229 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Saw my first one today...more of a tea towel and elastic band tbf. Are they a regular sight elsewhere yet?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Facemask sightings... on 21:21 - Mar 11 with 1208 viewsjeera

A checked one, a map of Cornwall?

They were a popular sight in cities for a while with cyclists for combatting fumes. Dunno if they still are.

I have a couple somewhere for using the electric saw and have considered answering the front door with one on just to see what reaction I'd get.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Facemask sightings... on 21:32 - Mar 11 with 1191 viewsLord_Lucan

As a man who is anti "The Man" there is one thing I do think we are being mis sold and that is being told that these mask things are pointless, I cannot see this, I genuinely think that "The Man" assumes we would go into full panic mode if everyone was wearing masks so we are told they are pointless. I had a chat with a colleague in China this morning and she thinks we are barmy, she cannot believe we aren't all wearing masks. Now I fully appreciate that Chinese figures cannot be relied upon as 100% accurate but she says that in the past 40 days they have only had 4 new reported cases in her city of 1.5m people. How accurate that is I don't know but for a country the size and population of China they have done remarkably well with immediate direct action.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Facemask sightings... on 21:49 - Mar 11 with 1156 viewssparks

Bloke at the petrol station was wearing a bandana round his face like a cowboy.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Facemask sightings... on 21:58 - Mar 11 with 1130 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Facemask sightings... on 21:21 - Mar 11 by jeera

A checked one, a map of Cornwall?

They were a popular sight in cities for a while with cyclists for combatting fumes. Dunno if they still are.

I have a couple somewhere for using the electric saw and have considered answering the front door with one on just to see what reaction I'd get.

This was boring plain white and hid the face of a petrified old lady, poor thing....I have one covering the face of the cuddly toy tied to the grill on the front of my van but that is another story.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Facemask sightings... on 22:06 - Mar 11 with 1103 viewsLord_Lucan

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/video-shopkeeper-coronavirus-face-mask-union-

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Facemask sightings... on 22:09 - Mar 11 with 1092 viewsSitfcB

Saw one Monday on Landseer Road/Nacton Road junction, first one I’ve seen in Ipswich.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Facemask sightings... on 22:17 - Mar 11 with 1069 viewsjaykay

some say wearing a g string on the face does the same thing. (so i have been told or i might be talking like a tw@]

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Facemask sightings... on 22:47 - Mar 11 with 1033 viewsitfcjoe

See loads wearing them at work, mostly when cutting MDF and when doing demolition

The week before this all came out I bought a dozen high end masks and filters for my guys as their face fit tests were expiring, probably worth a fortune now!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Facemask sightings... on 22:53 - Mar 11 with 1019 viewsbrazil1982

I work at a University, lots of (mainly Chinese) students wearing them.
Facemask sightings... on 22:58 - Mar 11 with 995 viewsBloomBlue

Loads of mask wearing in London, when I see someone wearing one I start coughing just to give them a sense of satisfaction.
My one unanswered question re face masks is if you wear a burka do you wear the face mask under or over the burka, I'm assuming under.
Facemask sightings... on 23:09 - Mar 11 with 978 viewsRocky

Facemask sightings... on 21:32 - Mar 11 by Lord_Lucan

As a man who is anti "The Man" there is one thing I do think we are being mis sold and that is being told that these mask things are pointless, I cannot see this, I genuinely think that "The Man" assumes we would go into full panic mode if everyone was wearing masks so we are told they are pointless. I had a chat with a colleague in China this morning and she thinks we are barmy, she cannot believe we aren't all wearing masks. Now I fully appreciate that Chinese figures cannot be relied upon as 100% accurate but she says that in the past 40 days they have only had 4 new reported cases in her city of 1.5m people. How accurate that is I don't know but for a country the size and population of China they have done remarkably well with immediate direct action.

Totally agree. If the virus is caused by droplets from the mouth, surely a mask contains those droplets rather than projecting them to someone else. Unsure however how effective the ordinary mask is for that job. Can't help thinking that the negative info about masks is a bid to re-assure us that all is normal.
Facemask sightings... on 23:14 - Mar 11 with 965 viewsjaykay

Facemask sightings... on 21:32 - Mar 11 by Lord_Lucan

i wonder why surgeons wear masks

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Facemask sightings... on 23:46 - Mar 11 with 942 viewsGuthrum

Facemask sightings... on 23:09 - Mar 11 by Rocky

Totally agree. If the virus is caused by droplets from the mouth, surely a mask contains those droplets rather than projecting them to someone else. Unsure however how effective the ordinary mask is for that job. Can't help thinking that the negative info about masks is a bid to re-assure us that all is normal.

If the virus is caused by droplets from the mouth.

However, it is thought to be air-transmissible, too. Thus able to pass through the pores of a paper mask.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Facemask sightings... on 23:50 - Mar 11 with 936 viewsjeera

Facemask sightings... on 23:46 - Mar 11 by Guthrum

If the virus is caused by droplets from the mouth.

However, it is thought to be air-transmissible, too. Thus able to pass through the pores of a paper mask.

Yes, but if it helps with one part it's got to be better than nothing.

As there's not enough to go around and, for hygiene/effectiveness purposes, I'd assume they'd need to be replaced a few times per day, then it would be more understandable if someone came out and said they're not cost-effective.

That would at least make more sense.

Rather than rely on the, 'If people wear them they'll not wash their hands', which would only apply to dirty morons anyway'

Facemask sightings... on 23:55 - Mar 11 with 926 viewsSwansea_Blue

Loads here, but then we've got loads of Chinese students. They think we're a filthy, lazy bunch to not be taking this seriously.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2020 0:05]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Facemask sightings... on 00:09 - Mar 12 with 914 viewsRocky

Facemask sightings... on 23:55 - Mar 11 by Swansea_Blue

Loads here, but then we've got loads of Chinese students. They think we're a filthy, lazy bunch to not be taking this seriously.

Not going all CIL here, just wondering if stage 1 of the response is a tad too "Let's pretend it's not happening." Face masks, travel restrictions should have been in place much earlier?
Facemask sightings... on 00:10 - Mar 12 with 912 viewsjeera

Facemask sightings... on 23:55 - Mar 11 by Swansea_Blue

That's no way to be viewing the Welsh.

I'm sure you're catching up now you've been taught vowels.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024