Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A question regarding self-employed 15:22 - Mar 21 with 915 viewshampstead_blue

I've been employed for less than 1 year in the last 20.
Self-employment has given me the chance to do what I want, when I want. Finished early? Go to the gym.
Fancy a late start? Go for a long coffee. No clock watching, petty 360 reviews. I've loved it.

At times like these the downsides are evident.

There are lots of jobs available. Not all in one's chosen trade or skill.
When the banks popped in 2006 I'd just finished my MSc. A mate on the same course, brain the size of a planet, worked on a jewellry stand at Bluewater to pay his bills! That's humble.
Another worked on the tube.

Whilst I think there will be some support, you have the flexibility to do something else for a while.

There are roles out there.

I#m not calling anyone workshy or an other negatives, so assume away.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

A question regarding self-employed on 15:28 - Mar 21 with 877 viewsmonytowbray

There’s going to be a huge influx of people looking for employment whilst most the country is shut down though.

Don’t think you thought this one through.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

A question regarding self-employed on 15:31 - Mar 21 with 855 viewsKievthegreat

Self-employed are 15% of the workforce, I don't think Aldi need that many people to stock shelves.
A question regarding self-employed on 15:52 - Mar 21 with 837 viewshampstead_blue

A question regarding self-employed on 15:31 - Mar 21 by Kievthegreat

Self-employed are 15% of the workforce, I don't think Aldi need that many people to stock shelves.

I'm not talking in a narrow sense.

Naturally there will be less employment, my point is talking of looking forward and taking any opportunity rather than waiting for a safety net.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

A question regarding self-employed on 16:05 - Mar 21 with 811 viewsfooters

We're not all so lucky to be offered work at Porton Down after graduating

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

A question regarding self-employed on 16:05 - Mar 21 with 813 viewsgiant_stow

A question regarding self-employed on 15:52 - Mar 21 by hampstead_blue

Naturally there will be less employment, my point is talking of looking forward and taking any opportunity rather than waiting for a safety net.

I think it goes without saying people would rather work.

What you've got to remember too is that many self-employed bods are choosing that way because they have complicated lives which involve looking after kids or relatives or other commitments, so finding full time work may not be possible for some.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

A question regarding self-employed on 16:07 - Mar 21 with 796 viewsfooters

A question regarding self-employed on 15:52 - Mar 21 by hampstead_blue

Why? People pay into their NI and tax all the time and now require assistance. That's what the welfare state's for.

Given you've been a government employee for most of your life, it's a bit rich to start telling others to find work elsewhere when the going gets tough.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

A question regarding self-employed on 16:49 - Mar 21 with 721 viewshampstead_blue

A question regarding self-employed on 16:07 - Mar 21 by footers

Why? People pay into their NI and tax all the time and now require assistance. That's what the welfare state's for.

Given you've been a government employee for most of your life, it's a bit rich to start telling others to find work elsewhere when the going gets tough.

Ok, as I expected my post has been taken the wrong way.

When I was a private.soldier I had to work at care homes in block leave to make up my salary. Wife couldn't work as we had a new.born. we lived on donated clothes and army furniture.

There you are footers. Life as a soldier isn't all about killing and violence.

I wasn't too proud and rolled up my sleeves and got on with it.

I'm just making the point that there are jobs out there.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024