Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Advice needed please 11:58 - Mar 24 with 3514 viewsBlueByYou

Could I ask for some advice please. I received a text from NHSNOREPLY this morning, regarding staying at home. Was everybody sent this message based on last night's announcement? Or am I receiving this because of an underlying health condition (in my case asthma). Thank you
Advice needed please on 12:01 - Mar 24 with 3472 viewsBrixtonBlue

I've got the UKGOV one but nothing from the NHS.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Advice needed please on 12:02 - Mar 24 with 3467 viewssilkcutblue

Only people with underlying health conditions. My dad also got a text and has asthma
Advice needed please on 12:04 - Mar 24 with 3450 viewsmaccyd9

I know of a few people who received but have no underlying issues. It appears to be a generic communication.
Advice needed please on 12:06 - Mar 24 with 3428 viewsBlueByYou

Advice needed please on 12:01 - Mar 24 by BrixtonBlue

I didn't get the UKGOV one ... assuming it was repeating last night's message?
Advice needed please on 12:09 - Mar 24 with 3416 viewsBlueByYou

Advice needed please on 12:02 - Mar 24 by silkcutblue

Only people with underlying health conditions. My dad also got a text and has asthma

Thank you for clarifying that for me, much appreciated. I hope your dad is keeping well.
Advice needed please on 12:10 - Mar 24 with 3404 viewsBlueByYou

Advice needed please on 12:04 - Mar 24 by maccyd9

I know of a few people who received but have no underlying issues. It appears to be a generic communication.

Oh, that's really confusing then. Thanks for replying
Advice needed please on 12:31 - Mar 24 with 3369 viewsITFC_Forever

It's the generic one following last night... not from the NHS.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Advice needed please on 12:38 - Mar 24 with 3347 viewsBlueByYou

Advice needed please on 12:31 - Mar 24 by ITFC_Forever

It's the generic one following last night... not from the NHS.

Thanks for replying. I was reading one of the forum posts yesterday, about how some of the information coming out is confusing. Some people were saying it was very straight forward, and all the advise was clear, others felt the messages were conflicting. I feel conflicted on this issue now ... out of four replys, two people have said it is specific to underlying conditions, and two have said it is generic for all. I think the government could definitely try to be more concise, and have communicated their message clearer over the past ten days
Login to get fewer ads

Advice needed please on 12:41 - Mar 24 with 3333 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I got one, not aware that I have any underlying conditions. I assume it's jst if your number is registered with NHS?
Advice needed please on 12:41 - Mar 24 with 3329 viewsBloomBlue

There are two generic ones going out, 1 from UK_GOV and 1 from NHS-Noreply both are generic. The UK_GOV one is about Boris message last night and the NHS-Norply is advising you in some situations assume your appointment has been cancelled and/or your local Doctors aren't doing face to face consultations now

As you didn't include what was in the text its a bit difficult to give advice
Advice needed please on 12:48 - Mar 24 with 3306 viewsBlueByYou

Advice needed please on 12:41 - Mar 24 by BloomBlue

There are two generic ones going out, 1 from UK_GOV and 1 from NHS-Noreply both are generic. The UK_GOV one is about Boris message last night and the NHS-Norply is advising you in some situations assume your appointment has been cancelled and/or your local Doctors aren't doing face to face consultations now

As you didn't include what was in the text its a bit difficult to give advice

You're right, I apologise. The message was from NHSNOREPLY, and read You must follow Government advice and stay at home. My asthma is quite well managed now (was bad when I was young), and so I was surprised to get a message from the NHS. I didn't think I would be in the group of people that needed complete shielding for twelve weeks, and I'm still unsure now to be honest. Was therefore trying to clarify if all received that message, or just who they were considering as vulnerable. Was wanting to seek clarification, so I don't ask for help regarding shopping, unless I have to.
Advice needed please on 12:49 - Mar 24 with 3299 viewsBluefish

the short text is generic the more detailed one is the one for those with health conditions.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Advice needed please on 12:50 - Mar 24 with 3298 viewsNorthstandoldie

As I have Copd I'm classed as 'At risk' so I'm already self isolating on the advice of my employers as I have a job that's classed as high risk anyways. As to any texts as of this moment I haven't received any yet.
Seems very strange as I haven't seen a living soul for 2 days now.
Thank god for the internet and Netflix.................
Advice needed please on 12:56 - Mar 24 with 3271 viewsLeaky

My son got a text from NHS. He has to go to Papworth tomorrow for a blood test to check his TAC levels. He phone Papworth this morning to he still needs to attend, went through voice mail who historically never return calls. So I told him to turn unless he's told otherwise
Advice needed please on 12:58 - Mar 24 with 3261 viewsBlueByYou

Advice needed please on 12:50 - Mar 24 by Northstandoldie

As I have Copd I'm classed as 'At risk' so I'm already self isolating on the advice of my employers as I have a job that's classed as high risk anyways. As to any texts as of this moment I haven't received any yet.
Seems very strange as I haven't seen a living soul for 2 days now.
Thank god for the internet and Netflix.................

I hope you keep well in all of this. Sounds like your employer has been trying to help you, which is good to hear.
Advice needed please on 13:05 - Mar 24 with 3234 viewsBloomBlue

Advice needed please on 12:48 - Mar 24 by BlueByYou

You're right, I apologise. The message was from NHSNOREPLY, and read You must follow Government advice and stay at home. My asthma is quite well managed now (was bad when I was young), and so I was surprised to get a message from the NHS. I didn't think I would be in the group of people that needed complete shielding for twelve weeks, and I'm still unsure now to be honest. Was therefore trying to clarify if all received that message, or just who they were considering as vulnerable. Was wanting to seek clarification, so I don't ask for help regarding shopping, unless I have to.

The UK-GOV one also said 'You must stay at home' based of the Boris announcement yesterday, I'm sure they are using various options for texting to simply remind people to stay at home.

On the news last night they said South Korea thought when they texted people directly it had a positive impact on people adhering to the advice, so they're probably following the same
Advice needed please on 13:08 - Mar 24 with 3223 viewsNorthstandoldie

Advice needed please on 12:58 - Mar 24 by BlueByYou

I hope you keep well in all of this. Sounds like your employer has been trying to help you, which is good to hear.

My job entails delivering medication/ scripts to care homes and members of the public who cannot collect themselves for various reasons. It's for one of the biggest chemists/pharmacy's company's out there. (Think wellington/ football etc). While we are on the subject spare a thought for all pharmacy workers. They are on the front line dealing with Joe Public, some of the behavior and accusations flying around just because we cannot meed their needs straight away are disgusting. They are doing their best.
Advice needed please on 13:10 - Mar 24 with 3218 viewsBlueByYou

Advice needed please on 13:05 - Mar 24 by BloomBlue

The UK-GOV one also said 'You must stay at home' based of the Boris announcement yesterday, I'm sure they are using various options for texting to simply remind people to stay at home.

On the news last night they said South Korea thought when they texted people directly it had a positive impact on people adhering to the advice, so they're probably following the same

Thank you for that, it's put my mind at ease. Our government following South Korea's response to this would be very welcome, given how well they have done at stopping their spread. Appreciate everyone that took time to reply, thank you. I hope you all have a good day
Advice needed please on 13:52 - Mar 24 with 3141 viewsSamWhiteUK

What advice do you need? Wheteher it's generic or specific? Just do as it says.... why does it matter?
Advice needed please on 13:59 - Mar 24 with 3123 viewsNorthstandoldie

Advice needed please on 12:01 - Mar 24 by BrixtonBlue

Just received mine...
Advice needed please on 14:09 - Mar 24 with 3103 viewsPinewoodblue

Although appear to come from NHS no reply think you will find they are generated by your GP surgery.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Advice needed please on 14:11 - Mar 24 with 3098 viewsRyorry

Advice needed please on 12:04 - Mar 24 by maccyd9

Conversely, many who fall into the category (esp over 70s of course) simply don't have a mobile - or even if they have one, don't do text messaging (I don't, no signal in house).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Advice needed please on 14:39 - Mar 24 with 3040 viewsBlueByYou

Advice needed please on 13:52 - Mar 24 by SamWhiteUK

What advice do you need? Wheteher it's generic or specific? Just do as it says.... why does it matter?

I have been doing what the government ask, regarding staying home. I was trying to ascertain whether I'm classed as one of the 1.5 million the government spoke about on Sunday, regarding needing full shielding from social contact for twelve weeks. They spoke that people would be contacted, and so I was trying to work out if only those 1.5 million had been contacted by the NHS, or if everyone has. A lot of people on here have commented they were contacted by the NHS, but don't have underlying health conditions. I just think it would have been clearer if the NHS only contacted the 1.5 million people they spoke about this week, to avoid any confusion.

I understand it probably seems like something I would know, as to whether I have an underlying health condition or not, and therefore strange I would ask. The reason I did, was because I have asthma, and because there are different versions of asthma it's hard to know yourself how vulnerable the government consider you to be (even asthma uk are struggling to advise on their website). I don't think the government consider every asthma sufferer as high risk, and hence I was trying to ask who had been text from the NHS.

The only reason I would want to go out right now is to shop for food, and was trying to understand if I need to arrange for help with that for the next twelve weeks. Or, if I'd be okay to go out once a week, and get the bits and pieces needed.

It 'matters', because I don't want to ask for help from already stretched resources if not needed.
Advice needed please on 14:48 - Mar 24 with 3022 viewsBlueByYou

Advice needed please on 14:11 - Mar 24 by Ryorry

Conversely, many who fall into the category (esp over 70s of course) simply don't have a mobile - or even if they have one, don't do text messaging (I don't, no signal in house).

Hopefully for patients who don't have a mobile number on their medical file, the next step would be phone calls, and then sending post. I suppose text is just the first part of their roll out, because it is the quickest to implement.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024