Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Alan Merrill: I Love Rock 'N' Roll songwriter dies of coronavirus 10:44 - Mar 30 with 1049 viewshomer_123

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-52089768

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

RIP Alan Merrill: I Love Rock 'N' Roll songwriter dies of coronavirus on 10:49 - Mar 30 with 1025 viewsblueislander

Jeepers. He was the guy that Mariner is God played with. He will be devastated.
RIP Alan Merrill: I Love Rock 'N' Roll songwriter dies of coronavirus on 10:50 - Mar 30 with 1027 viewsSouthBucksBlue

I believe one of our own used to play in his band when he played over here. Won’t say who it is but many will know so condolences to him.
RIP Alan Merrill: I Love Rock 'N' Roll songwriter dies of coronavirus on 10:50 - Mar 30 with 1011 viewsSouthBucksBlue

RIP Alan Merrill: I Love Rock 'N' Roll songwriter dies of coronavirus on 10:49 - Mar 30 by blueislander

Yep as above!
RIP Alan Merrill: I Love Rock 'N' Roll songwriter dies of coronavirus on 10:53 - Mar 30 with 990 viewsWeWereZombies

Sad news, also terrible to hear about John Prine struggling for life at the moment. It was less than a couple of years ago that I saw him at Cambridge Folk Festival. Mind you, he has not been well for a long time.

Look after yourself now, fella. And for goodness sake, lay off the doughnuts...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

RIP Alan Merrill: I Love Rock 'N' Roll songwriter dies of coronavirus on 11:17 - Mar 30 with 952 viewsGlasgowBlue

RIP Alan Merrill: I Love Rock 'N' Roll songwriter dies of coronavirus on 10:53 - Mar 30 by WeWereZombies

Sad news, also terrible to hear about John Prine struggling for life at the moment. It was less than a couple of years ago that I saw him at Cambridge Folk Festival. Mind you, he has not been well for a long time.

Look after yourself now, fella. And for goodness sake, lay off the doughnuts...

And Manu Dibango RIP.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/mar/24/manu-dibango-dies-coronavirus-came

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

RIP Alan Merrill: I Love Rock 'N' Roll songwriter dies of coronavirus on 11:26 - Mar 30 with 942 viewsWeWereZombies

RIP Alan Merrill: I Love Rock 'N' Roll songwriter dies of coronavirus on 11:17 - Mar 30 by GlasgowBlue

And Manu Dibango RIP.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/mar/24/manu-dibango-dies-coronavirus-came

I know (already posted an RIP and so did Factual a few hours later, the three of us have done our bit for turning on any TWTDers who were unaware of him). Another one I was lucky enough to see live, even though he was sixty nine at that time he could still blow up a storm.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

RIP Alan Merrill: I Love Rock 'N' Roll songwriter dies of coronavirus on 13:08 - Mar 30 with 875 viewsLord_Lucan

That's bad news, I used to really like The Arrows.

They had two TV series but never released a single while they were on, from memory it had something to do with a strike of some sort but I can't remember in full.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

RIP Alan Merrill: I Love Rock 'N' Roll songwriter dies of coronavirus on 13:43 - Mar 30 with 844 viewsRadlett_blue

RIP Alan Merrill: I Love Rock 'N' Roll songwriter dies of coronavirus on 13:08 - Mar 30 by Lord_Lucan

That's bad news, I used to really like The Arrows.

They had two TV series but never released a single while they were on, from memory it had something to do with a strike of some sort but I can't remember in full.

I'm still trying to work out why this song, from the same year, wasn't a massive hit.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Login to get fewer ads

RIP Alan Merrill: I Love Rock 'N' Roll songwriter dies of coronavirus on 20:52 - Mar 31 with 745 viewsMarinerisGod

RIP Alan Merrill: I Love Rock 'N' Roll songwriter dies of coronavirus on 10:49 - Mar 30 by blueislander

Yup my buddy succumbed.
He did have underlying issues though. Had been taking heart medication as far as I remember from meals on the road.
He had a good life though. Shame he has gone , will miss him, he was a genuinely nice bloke and very kind to me.

Being Deadpool for real.
Poll: Best McCarthy

RIP Alan Merrill: I Love Rock 'N' Roll songwriter dies of coronavirus on 21:10 - Mar 31 with 729 viewsmonytowbray

I first met Mariner before I posted on here as I worked in a rehearsal space in Portsmouth where they were practicing together.

Sad news that is.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024