Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Strange Question for a Monday Morning... 08:31 - May 11 with 754 viewsIP12

Has anyone on the forum used an 'electronic cat repellent'.... If so (1 Do they work & (2) Does the electronic thingy have any affect on bird-life. My problem is that there is an area of my garden that a number of birds have taken to nesting in. This has been discovered by the local cat population who now regard this as 'fair game'. I would much rather have a family of blackbirds than a two ton ginger tom who doesn't wish my blackbirds a long & happy life....
Strange Question for a Monday Morning... on 08:35 - May 11 with 737 viewsfactual_blue

I didn't read all of that, but I'm intrigued by the idea of an electronic cat. Also I'd wonder what you use to repel them with.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Strange Question for a Monday Morning... on 08:48 - May 11 with 725 viewsDanny_G

Yes, I’ve got some. When I bought my house, my neighbours’ cats had started using the gravelled area of the garden as their litter tray, so I needed to put them off.

They definitely have worked. I’ve heard plenty of yelps and quick scarpering when some new cats try to enter the garden and set them off. You have to make sure you use the right frequency as some settings are designed more for other animals, like rats and foxes. I also chase the cats off whenever I see them get close, so they generally know to avoid my garden now.

The birds seem fine. Magpies and smaller birds still come in.
Strange Question for a Monday Morning... on 08:52 - May 11 with 711 viewsNthQldITFC

Strange Question for a Monday Morning... on 08:35 - May 11 by factual_blue

I didn't read all of that, but I'm intrigued by the idea of an electronic cat. Also I'd wonder what you use to repel them with.

The anode?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Strange Question for a Monday Morning... on 08:59 - May 11 with 701 viewsNthQldITFC

I'm rather fond of pickled onions, so I put the 'waste' vinegar in a jar, half sunk in the soil, with cotton wick dangling in and an inverted plant saucer over the top. I can smell the vinegar when I get within a few feet, and it seems to have some effect on their toilet habits.

Strange Question for a Monday Morning... on 09:26 - May 11 with 681 viewsandytown

Strange Question for a Monday Morning... on 08:59 - May 11 by NthQldITFC

I'm rather fond of pickled onions, so I put the 'waste' vinegar in a jar, half sunk in the soil, with cotton wick dangling in and an inverted plant saucer over the top. I can smell the vinegar when I get within a few feet, and it seems to have some effect on their toilet habits.

Another vote for the sonic cat repeller. Same problem cats using gravel and flowerbeds as a toilet. It seems to have worked very well. Also have loads of sparrows and starlings come every day at the moment to eat the greenfly on the roses. Doesn’t seem to bother them.
Although next door had a dog and sometimes it would yelp from their garden when the cat monitor was set off.
Strange Question for a Monday Morning... on 10:35 - May 11 with 648 viewsmonytowbray

No but I can hear them if anyone needs a Callis repellent.

Not that I want to be anywhere half of you anyway.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Strange Question for a Monday Morning... on 11:42 - May 11 with 627 viewsNthQldITFC

Strange Question for a Monday Morning... on 08:48 - May 11 by Danny_G

Yes, I’ve got some. When I bought my house, my neighbours’ cats had started using the gravelled area of the garden as their litter tray, so I needed to put them off.

They definitely have worked. I’ve heard plenty of yelps and quick scarpering when some new cats try to enter the garden and set them off. You have to make sure you use the right frequency as some settings are designed more for other animals, like rats and foxes. I also chase the cats off whenever I see them get close, so they generally know to avoid my garden now.

The birds seem fine. Magpies and smaller birds still come in.

Any chance of a PM with make and model details? (I always trust TWTDreviews.com more than elsewhere.)

Strange Question for a Monday Morning... on 13:12 - May 11 with 598 viewsWeWereZombies

You meant a taser, didn't you?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Login to get fewer ads

Strange Question for a Monday Morning... on 14:49 - May 11 with 564 viewsNthQldITFC

Strange Question for a Monday Morning... on 13:12 - May 11 by WeWereZombies

You meant a taser, didn't you?

Phaser set on vapourise.

Strange Question for a Monday Morning... on 15:19 - May 11 with 538 viewseireblue

Strange Question for a Monday Morning... on 08:35 - May 11 by factual_blue

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024