Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Beattie No 3, Mills No 8. 13:52 - May 24 with 2040 viewsnoggin

I'd forgotten how good both Osborne and Gates were, on the ball.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Beattie No 3, Mills No 8. on 16:46 - May 24 with 1896 viewsjontysnut

Watched the Spurs game on the Big Match as well and forgotten how good Trevor Whymark was on the ball. I miss players in long sleeved shirts dribbling past 3 or 4 players.
Beattie No 3, Mills No 8. on 17:02 - May 24 with 1874 viewsGeoffSentence

You have to admire Mick Mills' posture though not Liverpool's kit man who always managed to get colour run leaving them with pink collar and cuffs.

Eric Gates often gets overlooked amongst those great Ipswich teams, but he really was a cracking plaer, did he ever get an England call up?

Cooper fluffed two of those goals, which I am pretty sure that ALB would have hung on to.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Beattie No 3, Mills No 8. on 17:47 - May 24 with 1846 viewsPJH

Beattie No 3, Mills No 8. on 17:02 - May 24 by GeoffSentence

You have to admire Mick Mills' posture though not Liverpool's kit man who always managed to get colour run leaving them with pink collar and cuffs.

Eric Gates often gets overlooked amongst those great Ipswich teams, but he really was a cracking plaer, did he ever get an England call up?

Cooper fluffed two of those goals, which I am pretty sure that ALB would have hung on to.

Yes, Gates got two caps in 1980.
Beattie No 3, Mills No 8. on 19:40 - May 24 with 1785 viewsNorthstandoldie

Watched this last night, could easily have been 10-0.
Beattie No 3, Mills No 8. on 04:49 - May 25 with 1676 viewsgainsboroughblue

Beattie No 3, Mills No 8. on 19:40 - May 24 by Northstandoldie

Peter Fox used to hate coming to PR. Practically a guaranteed five goals whenever Stoke came to PR in the 80's.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Beattie No 3, Mills No 8. on 06:06 - May 25 with 1658 viewsIPS_wich

Beattie No 3, Mills No 8. on 19:40 - May 24 by Northstandoldie

Oh my god, oh my god!!!

I was the mascot for this game. You can see me from 9-22 seconds trying to take a penalty against Cooper and failing to reach the goal - I was six years old an wearing borrowed football boots two sizes too big. After that, they made me take a couple from the six yard line that Cooper dived over!!
Beattie No 3, Mills No 8. on 06:12 - May 25 with 1645 viewsgainsboroughblue

Beattie No 3, Mills No 8. on 06:06 - May 25 by IPS_wich

Oh my god, oh my god!!!

I was the mascot for this game. You can see me from 9-22 seconds trying to take a penalty against Cooper and failing to reach the goal - I was six years old an wearing borrowed football boots two sizes too big. After that, they made me take a couple from the six yard line that Cooper dived over!!

You spent longer trying to put the ball on the spot!

Beattie No 3, Mills No 8. on 08:17 - May 25 with 1598 viewsDeano69

Gates was equally as good off the ball. Terrific player

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Login to get fewer ads

Beattie No 3, Mills No 8. on 12:52 - May 25 with 1519 viewsIPS_wich

Beattie No 3, Mills No 8. on 06:12 - May 25 by gainsboroughblue

You spent longer trying to put the ball on the spot!

The very vague recollection I have was that one of the coaches was trying to get me to use a smaller ball - the one he then puts on the spot before I fluff it three yards.
Beattie No 3, Mills No 8. on 15:31 - May 25 with 1464 viewsFenboyBlue

It was a great watch seeing Ipswich in 1976 on the Big Match Revisited the other day. Only recognising about half the team that were in the FA Cup final the following season.

It got me thinking about filmed games from 70s/80s and even further back. How did it work back then ? Obviously now every game is filmed. But was every game filmed back then ? Did it just get filmed if BBC or ITV decided to visit or did the club film every game anyway ?
[Post edited 25 May 2020 15:32]
Beattie No 3, Mills No 8. on 16:03 - May 25 with 1428 viewsgainsboroughblue

Beattie No 3, Mills No 8. on 15:31 - May 25 by FenboyBlue

It was a great watch seeing Ipswich in 1976 on the Big Match Revisited the other day. Only recognising about half the team that were in the FA Cup final the following season.

It got me thinking about filmed games from 70s/80s and even further back. How did it work back then ? Obviously now every game is filmed. But was every game filmed back then ? Did it just get filmed if BBC or ITV decided to visit or did the club film every game anyway ?
[Post edited 25 May 2020 15:32]

There was certainly more to it. I remember when we drew Man Utd in the FA Cup (87-88) and it was chosen as the live match on the Sunday. Seemed to be an operation of military proportions with cables, gantries, wires etc, in comparasion to what we see today.

A lot of footage I've seen from 70's and before also seems to be a kind of long lens, filmed from the perspective of the dug outs.

Beattie No 3, Mills No 8. on 22:19 - May 25 with 1350 viewsreusersfreekicks

Who was playing along side Hunter in central defence at Liverpool? Peddelty? Roberts?
Beattie No 3, Mills No 8. on 08:30 - May 26 with 1297 viewsGeoffSentence

Beattie No 3, Mills No 8. on 22:19 - May 25 by reusersfreekicks

Who was playing along side Hunter in central defence at Liverpool? Peddelty? Roberts?

Yep, John Peddelty

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024