Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Chinese have moved quickly in response to new C19 outbreaks 13:44 - Jun 13 with 1397 viewsStokieBlue

They shut down a market and all local transport and schools close to the market and are now testing 10,000 staff who work there:

"An outbreak of coronavirus emanating from a large wholesale market in Beijing has led to fears of a second waves of sickness in the Chinese capital.

More than 10,000 staff at the Xinfadi wholesale market are now being tested.

The huge market, which supplies 80% of Beijing’s vegetables and meat, has been linked to a new cluster of cases in the city after dozens of people who work there tested positive.

According to officials, traces of the coronavirus have been found on a chopping block used for imported salmon.

Footage on social media appears to show hundreds of military police marching into Xinfadi Market.

Some neighbourhoods have again been sealed off to all but residents. Transport services and schools close to the market have been closed, as have some of Beijing’s most prominent public spaces, including the National Centre for the Performing Arts and the Lama Temple."

Don't like the sound of military police marching on the complex but I guess it's the quickest way to get it locked down and the outbreak contained.

Do we think we will be so effective at possible second wave sites....

SB
[Post edited 13 Jun 2020 13:45]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The Chinese have moved quickly in response to new C19 outbreaks on 13:55 - Jun 13 with 1336 viewscatch74

They should really all drive to their parents house and stay in an outbuilding.

In all seriousness, amazing they can pinpoint it down to a chopping block, wonder how our track and trace compares as things progress.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

The Chinese have moved quickly in response to new C19 outbreaks on 15:25 - Jun 13 with 1260 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Maybe they need to sort out their markets in the first place.

Not sure the Chinese can generally be acclaimed for quick actions on Covid.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The Chinese have moved quickly in response to new C19 outbreaks on 16:10 - Jun 13 with 1225 viewsStokieBlue

The Chinese have moved quickly in response to new C19 outbreaks on 15:25 - Jun 13 by Marshalls_Mullet

Whilst I agree the markets need sorting out this has nothing to do with the market produce, it was brought in by someone visiting.

I also agree that initially they were slow to react, that doesn't mean subsequent actions can't be highlighted as quick and well intentioned. They are totally different things.

The point is more, would we act so swiftly in the UK and unfortunately I think the answer is probably no.

SB

The Chinese have moved quickly in response to new C19 outbreaks on 16:43 - Jun 13 with 1183 viewsStokieBlue

The Chinese have moved quickly in response to new C19 outbreaks on 15:25 - Jun 13 by Marshalls_Mullet

Double post.

Apologies.

SB
[Post edited 13 Jun 2020 16:43]

The Chinese have moved quickly in response to new C19 outbreaks on 16:54 - Jun 13 with 1165 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The Chinese have moved quickly in response to new C19 outbreaks on 16:10 - Jun 13 by StokieBlue

Whilst I agree the markets need sorting out this has nothing to do with the market produce, it was brought in by someone visiting.

I also agree that initially they were slow to react, that doesn't mean subsequent actions can't be highlighted as quick and well intentioned. They are totally different things.

The point is more, would we act so swiftly in the UK and unfortunately I think the answer is probably no.

SB

We don't know until we face it.

China learned, we can learn.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The Chinese have moved quickly in response to new C19 outbreaks on 17:33 - Jun 13 with 1144 viewsStokieBlue

The Chinese have moved quickly in response to new C19 outbreaks on 16:54 - Jun 13 by Marshalls_Mullet

That is fair.

I guess I just don't have confidence that our authorities will.

SB

The Chinese have moved quickly in response to new C19 outbreaks on 17:49 - Jun 13 with 1111 viewsSwansea_Blue

The Chinese have moved quickly in response to new C19 outbreaks on 16:54 - Jun 13 by Marshalls_Mullet

I very much doubt they can learn, as they're not prepared to acknowledge their mistakes. Plus they also alienate anyone of any competence who criticises them.

Not a good combination.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The Chinese have moved quickly in response to new C19 outbreaks on 19:11 - Jun 13 with 1031 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The Chinese have moved quickly in response to new C19 outbreaks on 17:33 - Jun 13 by StokieBlue

That is fair.

I guess I just don't have confidence that our authorities will.

SB

Fair enough.

Login to get fewer ads

The Chinese have moved quickly in response to new C19 outbreaks on 19:20 - Jun 13 with 1010 viewsShawsey

The Chinese have moved quickly in response to new C19 outbreaks on 17:49 - Jun 13 by Swansea_Blue

I very much doubt they can learn, as they're not prepared to acknowledge their mistakes. Plus they also alienate anyone of any competence who criticises them.

Not a good combination.

Sadly true.
The Chinese have moved quickly in response to new C19 outbreaks on 09:45 - Jun 14 with 842 viewsjimmyvet

The Chinese have moved quickly in response to new C19 outbreaks on 17:49 - Jun 13 by Swansea_Blue

Not a good combination.

Who are you referring to the Labour run welsh administration and their shambolic testing programme during this crisis?
The Chinese have moved quickly in response to new C19 outbreaks on 09:47 - Jun 14 with 840 viewssparks

The Chinese have moved quickly in response to new C19 outbreaks on 09:45 - Jun 14 by jimmyvet

Who are you referring to the Labour run welsh administration and their shambolic testing programme during this crisis?

Are you seriously criticising testing in pther parts of the UK?

When this government presided over utterly disingenuous spin over tests- posting out 10s of thousands to meet an arbitrary target and win PR points? Including anti body tests in the figures without making that clear, double counting when a person has two forms of test and attracting the ire of independent statistics experts for appearing to actively prefer creating attractive figures over achieving accuracy?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024