Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
School’s back today in Scotland 07:52 - Aug 12 with 1441 viewsGlasgowBlue

I used to have four at the same high school at the same time. Now we are down to just one.

And she resllly needs this. Nearly five months without the routine and discipline that school brings.

A big shout out to people in the teaching profession. They’ve gone above and beyond with all my kids, and I have no doubt they’ve done the same with thousands of other pupils. Stuff behind the scenes and out of hours that they rarely get credit for.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

School’s back today in Scotland on 07:56 - Aug 12 with 1413 viewsElderGrizzly

Yet yesterday a report said kids were no less likely to transmit the virus than adults and schools won’t be allowed to mandate masks to help prevent the spread.
School’s back today in Scotland on 08:00 - Aug 12 with 1402 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

School’s back today in Scotland on 07:56 - Aug 12 by ElderGrizzly

Yet yesterday a report said kids were no less likely to transmit the virus than adults and schools won’t be allowed to mandate masks to help prevent the spread.

....yet wasn't there one in America reporting massive numbers of youngsters testing positive a couple of days ago?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

School’s back today in Scotland on 08:04 - Aug 12 with 1390 viewsElderGrizzly

School’s back today in Scotland on 08:00 - Aug 12 by BanksterDebtSlave

....yet wasn't there one in America reporting massive numbers of youngsters testing positive a couple of days ago?

Yes. My comment maybe wasn’t clear. Kids were thought to be less likely to spread it, but it simply isn’t true. They are just as ‘dangerous’ as adults.

Potentially more dangerous as they tend to be asymptomatic.

And Govt Policy is only to allow testing for kids or teachers showing symptoms

A lot of US school districts in the last 24hrs just announced virtual teaching until October at the earliest
School’s back today in Scotland on 08:06 - Aug 12 with 1368 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

School’s back today in Scotland on 08:04 - Aug 12 by ElderGrizzly

Yes. My comment maybe wasn’t clear. Kids were thought to be less likely to spread it, but it simply isn’t true. They are just as ‘dangerous’ as adults.

A lot of US school districts in the last 24hrs just announced virtual teaching until October at the earliest

Reading back it was clear....just early and hot innit!!
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-news/97000-children-test-positive-coronavirus-2

School’s back today in Scotland on 08:13 - Aug 12 with 1337 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

School’s back today in Scotland on 08:04 - Aug 12 by ElderGrizzly

Virtual teaching doesn't exist at my kids school.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

School’s back today in Scotland on 08:57 - Aug 12 with 1294 viewsFixed_It

Cheers Glassers. Am I right in thinking you had one doing A Levels? Was yesterday's u-turn beneficial?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

School’s back today in Scotland on 09:15 - Aug 12 with 1275 viewsGlasgowBlue

School’s back today in Scotland on 08:57 - Aug 12 by Fixed_It

Cheers Glassers. Am I right in thinking you had one doing A Levels? Was yesterday's u-turn beneficial?

I have twin daughters doing them. But up here we do them in year six and seven rather than at the end of the two years they stay on.

Twin one got all she needed for uni last year whereas twin two is less academically minded and needed one more pass this year to get in.

She may benefit from yesterday’s announcement, but it’s too late to change her path this year and she’ll still take a year out.

If she is upgraded then she’ll start uni next year. If not then she’ll start college next year to get the grade and uni the following year as a second year student.

Iron Lion Zion

School’s back today in Scotland on 13:22 - Aug 12 with 1205 viewsSwansea_Blue

I blame the parents. Some people just don't want to take responsibility for providing their kids with a structure and giving them a good start in life .

Agreed. Ours are turning into experts on YouTube and Netflix, but otherwise desperately need to go back. Hopefully infections won't surge when they do.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

School’s back today in Scotland on 17:27 - Aug 12 with 1165 viewsGlasgowBlue

School’s back today in Scotland on 08:57 - Aug 12 by Fixed_It

Not sure how your school is doing this when you open fixers but my youngest is in third year at High school and they are dividing the number of subjects into two halves, making every lesson a double period of the first half of subjects in week one, and then the following week doing the same with the other half.

Iron Lion Zion

School’s back today in Scotland on 19:05 - Aug 12 with 1122 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

....and right on cue covid cluster involving Glasgow high school....

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2020/aug/12/uk-coronavirus-live-confusion

School’s back today in Scotland on 20:01 - Aug 12 with 1084 viewsGlasgowBlue

School’s back today in Scotland on 19:05 - Aug 12 by BanksterDebtSlave

....and right on cue covid cluster involving Glasgow high school....

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2020/aug/12/uk-coronavirus-live-confusion

“ The board said none of the affected pupils had been on the premises.”

Usually best to read past the headline of the story you’re linking banksy.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2020 20:02]

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024