Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil do you still have a contact that could do some posters? 14:39 - Dec 4 with 1016 viewsKeno

I have an idea for one

the Sir Bob quote

with the words 'Those were the days' underneath

I'd buy one
[Post edited 4 Dec 2020 14:56]

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Phil do you still have a contact that could do some posters? on 14:53 - Dec 4 with 948 viewsclive_baker

TBH I would buy a Paul Jewell one with that underneath right now.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Phil do you still have a contact that could do some posters? on 14:57 - Dec 4 with 930 viewsDanTheMan

There's a few of us on here who might be able to rustle something up.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Phil do you still have a contact that could do some posters? on 15:08 - Dec 4 with 890 viewsKeno

Phil do you still have a contact that could do some posters? on 14:57 - Dec 4 by DanTheMan

There's a few of us on here who might be able to rustle something up.

maybe proceeds could go to Blue Action?

Phil do you still have a contact that could do some posters? on 15:13 - Dec 4 with 871 viewsjeera

Phil do you still have a contact that could do some posters? on 15:08 - Dec 4 by Keno

maybe proceeds could go to Blue Action?

I'd have thought first of all proceeds would need to go to paying the costs involved!

I still say leaflets with the original message you posted would have more impact.

Make it more of a town thing rather than just a football thing.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Phil do you still have a contact that could do some posters? on 15:14 - Dec 4 with 866 viewsSpruceMoose

Phil do you still have a contact that could do some posters? on 15:13 - Dec 4 by jeera

I'd have thought first of all proceeds would need to go to paying the costs involved!

I still say leaflets with the original message you posted would have more impact.

Hmmm leaflets dropped from a plane over Portman Road at 3:15pm during the next home game you say?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Phil do you still have a contact that could do some posters? on 15:19 - Dec 4 with 856 viewsjeera

Phil do you still have a contact that could do some posters? on 15:14 - Dec 4 by SpruceMoose

Hmmm leaflets dropped from a plane over Portman Road at 3:15pm during the next home game you say?

I can think of worse.

Phil do you still have a contact that could do some posters? on 15:23 - Dec 4 with 845 viewsjeera

Phil do you still have a contact that could do some posters? on 15:14 - Dec 4 by SpruceMoose

And the training ground.

Whichever professional did the work would need to be paid properly for their services and materials but beyond that not as a commercial enterprise for any profits.

Then either in the local rags or even something more drastic as you suggest.

If enough people feel strongly enough - which they apparently do - then why not?

I suppose fines may need to be taken into consideration for littering...

Phil do you still have a contact that could do some posters? on 15:24 - Dec 4 with 844 viewsPlums

See which way we’re kicking and drop them in the Pompey box. We’ll keep our high possession stats and the game won’t be disrupted.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Login to get fewer ads

Phil do you still have a contact that could do some posters? on 16:01 - Dec 4 with 789 viewsfactual_blue

Would that be Sir Bobby's quote about flamethrowers, or the one about zombies?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Phil do you still have a contact that could do some posters? on 16:21 - Dec 4 with 766 viewsKeno

Phil do you still have a contact that could do some posters? on 15:13 - Dec 4 by jeera

proceeds = receipts less costs

Phil do you still have a contact that could do some posters? on 16:29 - Dec 4 with 755 viewsjeera

Phil do you still have a contact that could do some posters? on 16:21 - Dec 4 by Keno

proceeds = receipts less costs

Proceeds = takings, not profit.

But why would there be any profit? There's no need for this to be a merchandise thing. There's no point in other words people who already feel strongly about it to have posters on their walls at home. That won't achieve anything.

If someone were to take this up then they would receive the support. Whoever does the work needs to be paid for their professionalism at their own regular rates, but there's no need for surplus on a project like that.

Phil do you still have a contact that could do some posters? on 16:33 - Dec 4 with 741 viewsKeno

Phil do you still have a contact that could do some posters? on 16:29 - Dec 4 by jeera

Proceeds = takings, not profit.

But why would there be any profit? There's no need for this to be a merchandise thing. There's no point in other words people who already feel strongly about it to have posters on their walls at home. That won't achieve anything.

If someone were to take this up then they would receive the support. Whoever does the work needs to be paid for their professionalism at their own regular rates, but there's no need for surplus on a project like that.

semantics

I was avoiding using the phrase profit and of course anyone who does it needs to have their cost and time covered

Hence if its done, the costs are covered and there is some money left over that could go to Blue Action

That ok?

Phil do you still have a contact that could do some posters? on 16:40 - Dec 4 with 722 viewsjeera

Phil do you still have a contact that could do some posters? on 16:33 - Dec 4 by Keno

semantics

I was avoiding using the phrase profit and of course anyone who does it needs to have their cost and time covered

Hence if its done, the costs are covered and there is some money left over that could go to Blue Action

That ok?

We just have different ideas on this that's all.

For me, selling merchandise has its place but I was keen to explore the idea of evoking a bit of feeling around the town. I may have that badly wrong but would like to hear people's views.

The image you posted stirred a few feelings, (not those), and I wondered briefly if a flyer with that image accompanied with those words might have a similar affect on the public at large.

Ipswich used to be proud of its football club that's all.

Phil do you still have a contact that could do some posters? on 16:44 - Dec 4 with 715 viewsKeno

Phil do you still have a contact that could do some posters? on 16:40 - Dec 4 by jeera

We just have different ideas on this that's all.

For me, selling merchandise has its place but I was keen to explore the idea of evoking a bit of feeling around the town. I may have that badly wrong but would like to hear people's views.

The image you posted stirred a few feelings, (not those), and I wondered briefly if a flyer with that image accompanied with those words might have a similar affect on the public at large.

Ipswich used to be proud of its football club that's all.

I wasn't looking at as a merchandising opportunity

I was looking at it as a way of making a statement about the current state of the club we both love by spreading them round Ipswich, using the image online and/or in any other way anybody can think to use it.

I would be happy to help underwrite any costs involved, and if anything is left over that can go to Blue Action

If you are in any doubt about how I feel about this look back at my post last night (the email to which it refers is as yet unanswered)

Sorry if my views on this werent clear

Phil do you still have a contact that could do some posters? on 16:51 - Dec 4 with 688 viewsjeera

Phil do you still have a contact that could do some posters? on 16:44 - Dec 4 by Keno

I wasn't looking at as a merchandising opportunity

I was looking at it as a way of making a statement about the current state of the club we both love by spreading them round Ipswich, using the image online and/or in any other way anybody can think to use it.

I would be happy to help underwrite any costs involved, and if anything is left over that can go to Blue Action

If you are in any doubt about how I feel about this look back at my post last night (the email to which it refers is as yet unanswered)

Sorry if my views on this werent clear

We are at cross-purposes. I am in no way confused about your feelings on this and have quoted your post using Sir Bobby's image at least 3 times now.

We have just been coming from different angles.

If X amount was raised then to me that would mean X amount of flyers/whatever.

Not the other way around.

Obviously some ideas of costs would need to be determined first, but I was thinking the amount raised would determine the order as opposed to the other way around.

We're not going to argue over the same thing when we're on the same side.

You mentioned buying a poster earlier, hence the merchandising take on things.

Phil do you still have a contact that could do some posters? on 16:59 - Dec 4 with 656 viewsKeno

Phil do you still have a contact that could do some posters? on 16:51 - Dec 4 by jeera

We are at cross-purposes. I am in no way confused about your feelings on this and have quoted your post using Sir Bobby's image at least 3 times now.

We have just been coming from different angles.

If X amount was raised then to me that would mean X amount of flyers/whatever.

Not the other way around.

Obviously some ideas of costs would need to be determined first, but I was thinking the amount raised would determine the order as opposed to the other way around.

We're not going to argue over the same thing when we're on the same side.

You mentioned buying a poster earlier, hence the merchandising take on things.

Jeery the last thing I want to do is argue you and like you say we have been looking at from opposite angles

what an unholy pile of *********** Evans and Lambert have turned our club into

Phil do you still have a contact that could do some posters? on 17:00 - Dec 4 with 654 viewsjeera

Phil do you still have a contact that could do some posters? on 16:59 - Dec 4 by Keno

Jeery the last thing I want to do is argue you and like you say we have been looking at from opposite angles

what an unholy pile of *********** Evans and Lambert have turned our club into

x

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024