Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
random question 17:45 - Jan 21 with 700 viewstextbackup

if you were to go on holiday (abroad) whilst pregnant, and the baby was born whilst away, how do you get that baby home, as it doesn't have a passport....

(lockdown conversation in my house right now, and I cant answer it!)

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

random question on 17:46 - Jan 21 with 683 viewsSpruceMoose

Has to go in your checked in luggage and not carry-on.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

random question on 17:47 - Jan 21 with 669 viewstextbackup

random question on 17:46 - Jan 21 by SpruceMoose

Has to go in your checked in luggage and not carry-on.

ah, yes, seems sensible that actually. that way you couldn't hear it cry throughout the flight too.
i'll let her know

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

random question on 17:49 - Jan 21 with 652 viewsSpruceMoose

random question on 17:47 - Jan 21 by textbackup

ah, yes, seems sensible that actually. that way you couldn't hear it cry throughout the flight too.
i'll let her know

Ha ha! I don't actually know the serious answer though sorry. DHL or FedEx?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

random question on 17:50 - Jan 21 with 650 viewsTractorWood

This is actually a thing in the US called birth tourism. If you are born in the US, you get US citizenship by birthright. So people try to get in whilst pregnant to guarantee citizenship for their children.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

random question on 17:53 - Jan 21 with 633 viewsKeno

random question on 17:50 - Jan 21 by TractorWood

This is actually a thing in the US called birth tourism. If you are born in the US, you get US citizenship by birthright. So people try to get in whilst pregnant to guarantee citizenship for their children.

although with his the US tax overseas citizens nowadays that may not be an advantage!!

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

random question on 17:58 - Jan 21 with 606 viewsKeno

I think it's something like you get a local birth certificate and then contact the UK embassy or consulate who you provide a temporary travel document

Obviously I haven't consulted any authorities such as Mumsnet

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

random question on 18:00 - Jan 21 with 592 viewsSpruceMoose

random question on 17:50 - Jan 21 by TractorWood

Boring fact time.

The child has citizenship, but the parents don't. So they all need to go home until the child is old enough to petition their parents for a green card. If they all stay for longer than six months then the parents become inadmissible for three years, if they were in the country longer than a year then they're inadmissible for ten years. There are a few workarounds to this though.

The other option is to just stay as undocumented immigrants for the rest of your life/as long as you can abouf detection in order to give your US citizen child a shot in life.

What a life eh?

random question on 20:36 - Jan 21 with 485 viewsBloomBlue

Obtain emergency travel document from the nearest British embassy/high commission - I think

Also a very expensive medical bill if you didn't obtain the appropriate insurance before travelling.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024