Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Radio Stoke 19:00 - Jan 30 with 1641 viewsBerkshire_Blue

What a joy to listen to the Crewe commentary, it was fair, funny and a breath of fresh air after putting up with Mick saying ' you know' at the end of every other sentence.
Radio Stoke on 19:10 - Jan 30 with 1546 viewsJermynblue

Agree with that. I turned on the commentary to see what it was like and listened to it throughout. Commentator had done his homework on us, thought he called the game well and the analysis was good too.
Radio Stoke on 19:20 - Jan 30 with 1474 viewsBugs

Really, I thought they were okay. The commentator was certainly fair, but it also made me realise that we are lucky to have Brenner.
Radio Stoke on 19:24 - Jan 30 with 1429 viewsacj

I like Brenner and Mick Mills to be fair, but I also thought the Crewe commentary team were good. Much better than the Burton commentators a couple of weeks ago!

Poll: Will Town score again this season?

Radio Stoke on 19:25 - Jan 30 with 1414 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Whilst I miss Brenner and Mick when we're forced to listen to the opposition's commentators, these two were pretty good/entertaining, and actually made an effort to acknowledge Town fans were listening. Never heard that before.

They totally missed that Bishop had already been booked though.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Radio Stoke on 19:36 - Jan 30 with 1343 viewsMillsey

Poor 👎
Radio Stoke on 20:09 - Jan 30 with 1233 viewsParisBlue

Radio Stoke on 19:25 - Jan 30 by The_Flashing_Smile

Whilst I miss Brenner and Mick when we're forced to listen to the opposition's commentators, these two were pretty good/entertaining, and actually made an effort to acknowledge Town fans were listening. Never heard that before.

They totally missed that Bishop had already been booked though.

Mentioned our record in Europe and how we'd beaten Real Madrid, Barcelona, Milan, Lazio and Inter. And another time rattled off some off the names of our former "greats" e.g. Beattie, Wark, Crawford, Muhren etc as well as Ramsey and Robson.

Knowledgeable and respectful

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Radio Stoke on 20:30 - Jan 30 with 1163 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Radio Stoke on 20:09 - Jan 30 by ParisBlue

Mentioned our record in Europe and how we'd beaten Real Madrid, Barcelona, Milan, Lazio and Inter. And another time rattled off some off the names of our former "greats" e.g. Beattie, Wark, Crawford, Muhren etc as well as Ramsey and Robson.

Knowledgeable and respectful

I thought it funny that he thought listing those names as teams we'd beaten was an interesting stat. If he'd added "and actually never been beaten at home in Europe" it would've been a bit more interesting!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Radio Stoke on 21:48 - Jan 30 with 1037 viewsuppersirbob

I thought that was good dont know what they like to listen to every week !
But something different than Brenner and mills
But after the other week when brenner was ill it’s a tough job just ask Stuart Jarrod
Login to get fewer ads

Radio Stoke on 21:56 - Jan 30 with 1021 viewsDubtractor

Yeah, I enjoyed them actually. There was a sort of chaotic nature to it, they clearly knew their stuff, but sort of seemed like a couple blokes from down the pub doing it.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

The only highlight of the footy was the home commentary (n/t) on 21:57 - Jan 30 with 1008 viewsDyland

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Radio Stoke on 22:01 - Jan 30 with 989 views26_Paz

Thought they were great, anything is an improvement on the cure for insomnia that is Brenner and Mills

The Paz Man

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024