Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Half time thoughts 19:51 - Feb 9 with 621 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Good of the groundsman to plough the pitch ready for the game.

Dozzell needs to learn to tackle and Downes needs to learn to temper his aggression.

Two up front looks more dangerous and we are closing down well and playing with more attacking intent than before Saturday.

Neither side keeping the ball very well but that isn't too much of a surprise on this quagmire.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Half time thoughts on 19:53 - Feb 9 with 580 viewsScuzzer

Dozzell is a waste of a player on this pitch.

Established 1968

Half time thoughts on 19:53 - Feb 9 with 565 viewsbackwaywhen

According to bbc site the better team are Peterborough on all but the goals column.
Half time thoughts on 19:54 - Feb 9 with 546 viewsDubtractor

Not sure I agree with those last 2 points at all.

We've shown very little attacking intent at all after the first 10 minutes, just lumping it forward and hoping, which worked initially but isn't at all now. And Posh are actually passing it around OK and doing a half decent job of it.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Half time thoughts on 19:55 - Feb 9 with 512 viewschrismakin

Im quite suprised by that summary but that's football opinions i guess

I see it as we scored an early goal, but ever since, boro have been playing football, attacking with purpose and causing us problems, we occasionally get a lucky bounce from a hoof but other than that we're chasing shadows.

It's absolutely shocking tonight and no better than before saturday
[Post edited 9 Feb 2021 19:56]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Half time thoughts on 19:59 - Feb 9 with 443 viewsRobTheMonk

Judge plays well in the attacking mid option, now not playing there.

Kenlock been playing well at left back, let's stick Ward back in.

We've gone from having some fullbacks who tried to play to two that literally have hoofed all game.

Posh are trying to play and looking dangerous for it.

Good finish from Norwood, but that's about it.
Half time thoughts on 20:00 - Feb 9 with 440 viewsParky

Poor first half in my opinion. A defensive error gifted us the goal and we haven’t created a single thing since.

Peterborough have started to realise we are exposed out wide and were utilising their fullbacks. The pitch looks absolutely shocking, but Peterborough seem to be doing okay passing around on it.

Noticed Lambert is leaving three players up when defending a corner which is strange considering he previously said “we’re not good enough to do that”. I think a few subs are needed to allow us to have some wide players helping Chambers and Ward.

We’re still in the game with 45 to go, so who knows!
Half time thoughts on 20:00 - Feb 9 with 419 viewsParmigiano

Don't agree with your last two points at all.

Other than the first five minutes, all we've done is hoof it forward to the front two and hope for a lucky bounce on the terrible pitch. We don't look at all dangerous.

And neither side keeping the ball very well? Posh are keeping it on the ground and dominating possession, passing through our weird diamond midfield with ease.
Half time thoughts on 20:02 - Feb 9 with 384 viewschrismakin

Half time thoughts on 20:00 - Feb 9 by Parky

Poor first half in my opinion. A defensive error gifted us the goal and we haven’t created a single thing since.

Peterborough have started to realise we are exposed out wide and were utilising their fullbacks. The pitch looks absolutely shocking, but Peterborough seem to be doing okay passing around on it.

Noticed Lambert is leaving three players up when defending a corner which is strange considering he previously said “we’re not good enough to do that”. I think a few subs are needed to allow us to have some wide players helping Chambers and Ward.

We’re still in the game with 45 to go, so who knows!

You don't need a carpet of a football pitch to be able to play football on it, you need to mix it up abit and be clever. No you can't do a first time cross etc, but the simple things like passing doesn't change, you make space you have time to bring the ball under control it's not going to stick, boro have done that really well.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Login to get fewer ads

Half time thoughts on 20:05 - Feb 9 with 333 viewsParky

Half time thoughts on 20:02 - Feb 9 by chrismakin

You don't need a carpet of a football pitch to be able to play football on it, you need to mix it up abit and be clever. No you can't do a first time cross etc, but the simple things like passing doesn't change, you make space you have time to bring the ball under control it's not going to stick, boro have done that really well.

Completely agree. My only positive is it’s still 1-1 so plenty of time for Lambert to change it up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024