Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I appreciate Evans isn't the most vociferous of owners 16:35 - Feb 19 with 628 viewshype313

But the silence is deafening.

There is a fire burning all around the club at the moment, fan revolt, player revolt, media gaslighting and we hear absolutely nothing.

It's pure madness how this has got so out of control and the one guy than can diffuse this isn't saying a word.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

I appreciate Evans isn't the most vociferous of owners on 16:37 - Feb 19 with 598 viewsMrTown

What do you want him to say?

I couldn't care less what he has to say, I want to see actions from him, and only time will tell whether he is taking action.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

I appreciate Evans isn't the most vociferous of owners on 16:41 - Feb 19 with 569 viewshype313

I appreciate Evans isn't the most vociferous of owners on 16:37 - Feb 19 by MrTown

What do you want him to say?

I couldn't care less what he has to say, I want to see actions from him, and only time will tell whether he is taking action.

Well, nothing, but action would be nice.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

I appreciate Evans isn't the most vociferous of owners on 16:43 - Feb 19 with 556 viewsRegencyBlue

Given his previous utterances I can’t honestly say it would add much unless it’s “Lambert is sacked and I’m selling up”.

Anything else is just pointless.
I appreciate Evans isn't the most vociferous of owners on 16:50 - Feb 19 with 526 viewsBlueBadger

Frankly, the only thing I want to hear Evans say is 'I've sacked Lambert'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I appreciate Evans isn't the most vociferous of owners on 16:51 - Feb 19 with 518 viewsBlueWorldOrder

" have always said that I would step aside for an owner who would be prepared to spend more money on Ipswich so long as they are fully committed financially over a period of time to take the Club up the league tables.

I fully understand fans’ frustrations that my strategy has hit a big bump in the road over the last couple of years and why this leads to calls for new deep- pocketed ownership to improve the Club’s on-field performance but in my heart, I don’t see one-off big investors as the long-term best solution for football.

A new financial deal that sees more of a level playing field would enable clubs to be owned by those intrinsically linked to their local communities, allowing football and the community to stand as one. "

"The message I was trying to deliver last week is that my assessment of our current progress, based upon the facts and finer details of the uniquely difficult circumstances we are operating in this season, coupled with our results so far, gives me confidence that we have the right players and management to take the Club forward. Some will not agree but that’s football - it’s all about opinions.

Supporters will point to the frustrations of not having much to celebrate over many years, not just recently. I’m fully aware that it’s approaching 19 years since we were last in the Premier League and that I have been in charge for 13 of those years. I can only say the goalposts have moved so many times in terms of finances over much of that time that we, like many clubs, find ourselves in a much tougher place to succeed than say 10 years ago.

In the Championship this year alone there are seven clubs with over £40 million each of parachute money. This makes a huge difference and a gap which we will only bridge through the continuing patient redevelopment of every aspect of the Club and hopefully a fairer, more sensible system for revenue sharing across the game for its own good at all levels.

This leads me back to where I started and finding a new financial deal across football. Let’s hope progress is made in the next 12 months and that the ideas mooted in recent weeks don’t get forgotten and swept under the carpet via a series of committee discussions and wishy-washy half measure proposals. "

Is what he said.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

I appreciate Evans isn't the most vociferous of owners on 17:12 - Feb 19 with 447 viewsGeoffSentence

Silence is positive.

Given the pressure on Lambert from all sections, fans, media and now players, if he was going to support him he would surely have said so by now.

If he is getting rid then it would be a bit rude to say so in public before letting the man himself know.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I appreciate Evans isn't the most vociferous of owners on 17:17 - Feb 19 with 436 viewsBasuco

ME has always been very supportive of all his managers to the point where many believe he is overly supportive. I think that is good that he is not firing managers every few month's but bad when it appears obvious that a managers time is up.
I appreciate Evans isn't the most vociferous of owners on 17:18 - Feb 19 with 429 viewsBlueWorldOrder

I appreciate Evans isn't the most vociferous of owners on 17:17 - Feb 19 by Basuco

ME has always been very supportive of all his managers to the point where many believe he is overly supportive. I think that is good that he is not firing managers every few month's but bad when it appears obvious that a managers time is up.

I wish he'd have been this supportive of Jim Magilton.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024