Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When did we last score direct from a free kick before today? (n/t) 19:07 - Feb 27 with 1071 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

When did we last score direct from a free kick before today? (n/t) on 19:11 - Feb 27 with 1046 viewsBugs

It can't be as long as Garbutt can it? I can't think of any others.
When did we last score direct from a free kick before today? (n/t) on 19:13 - Feb 27 with 1026 viewsNthsuffolkblue

When did we last score direct from a free kick before today? (n/t) on 19:11 - Feb 27 by Bugs

Had forgotten about Garbutt. I was actually thinking it was longer than that.

I am not surprised because our brand of football for a long time has not been attacking enough to have many opportunities. I don't think we have had a penalty all season have we (and probably only a couple of appeals for one).

When did we last score direct from a free kick before today? (n/t) on 19:20 - Feb 27 with 996 viewsBugs

When did we last score direct from a free kick before today? (n/t) on 19:13 - Feb 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

I am not surprised because our brand of football for a long time has not been attacking enough to have many opportunities. I don't think we have had a penalty all season have we (and probably only a couple of appeals for one).

Indeed, players need to be in the area to have any chance of getting a penalty. Refs rarely give them from set play either.
When did we last score direct from a free kick before today? (n/t) on 19:54 - Feb 27 with 937 viewssouthnorfolkblue

I don’t know whether I’m alone on this but I thought the keeper should have done better. Yes it was a good free kick but it wasn’t hit with a huge amount of pace and a keeper with quicker feet might have taken a couple of steps before diving.

May be I’m being a bit harsh, but that was my immune reaction.

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

When did we last score direct from a free kick before today? (n/t) on 19:58 - Feb 27 with 932 viewsNthsuffolkblue

When did we last score direct from a free kick before today? (n/t) on 19:54 - Feb 27 by southnorfolkblue

I don’t know whether I’m alone on this but I thought the keeper should have done better. Yes it was a good free kick but it wasn’t hit with a huge amount of pace and a keeper with quicker feet might have taken a couple of steps before diving.

Judge interview just gone up from the club says he used to train with him at Brentford and the keeper would have expected him to go over the wall so he went round it instead. Judge said he had "done his homework" although it sounds to me more like he took advantage of having trained with him a lot.

When did we last score direct from a free kick before today? (n/t) on 20:43 - Feb 27 with 850 viewsRonFearonsHair

When did we last score direct from a free kick before today? (n/t) on 19:58 - Feb 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

Judge interview just gone up from the club says he used to train with him at Brentford and the keeper would have expected him to go over the wall so he went round it instead. Judge said he had "done his homework" although it sounds to me more like he took advantage of having trained with him a lot.

Did anyone else catch Mick Mills's pun when Judge told Norwood to back off from taking the free kick? Just a simple 'Overruled'. Not sure whether it was intentional or not.
When did we last score direct from a free kick before today? (n/t) on 03:20 - Feb 28 with 727 viewsdominiciawful

Did Garbutt score one at Lincoln in the 5-3 defeat?

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

When did we last score direct from a free kick before today? (n/t) on 03:44 - Feb 28 with 720 viewsBonchosBicycle

When did we last score direct from a free kick before today? (n/t) on 19:54 - Feb 27 by southnorfolkblue

I think the keeper was a little unsighted by the low trajectory of the shot. Positioning could have (obviously in hindsight) been a little better. Good strike for Judge though. He usually seems to insist on taking everything and then hitting the stands. No complaints today.
Login to get fewer ads

When did we last score direct from a free kick before today? (n/t) on 06:59 - Feb 28 with 647 viewsSteve_M

When did we last score direct from a free kick before today? (n/t) on 19:13 - Feb 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

Dozzell put one only just wide early in the season (against Rochdale?) but that’s the closest we’ve come since Garbutt. Not only did he score them but forcing the keeper into a save gave chances to others (eg Jackson vs Tranmere).

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

When did we last score direct from a free kick before today? (n/t) on 12:15 - Feb 28 with 504 viewsSteve_M

When did we last score direct from a free kick before today? (n/t) on 19:58 - Feb 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

A little half-step to the right that put him in the wrong place:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

When did we last score direct from a free kick before today? (n/t) on 12:34 - Feb 28 with 480 viewsjayessess

When did we last score direct from a free kick before today? (n/t) on 19:11 - Feb 27 by Bugs

First direct free kick we've scored all season, only the 4th we've scored from outside the box. So, yeah, it'll be Garbutt's at Lincoln, December 2019.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024