Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We lack creativity and those probing forward passes to the striker 09:34 - Mar 10 with 711 viewsArnieM

It is being mentioned game after game this season.

..so what therefore is Dozzell’s role in the team, if not to do just that?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

We lack creativity and those probing forward passes to the striker on 09:42 - Mar 10 with 676 viewsBluefish

There is an obsession with keeping the ball but it ismt what Amy fans want or what wins games. Sometimes you have to take risks by beating a player or threading a tricky ball through. Too often we just pass side or back without looking, they are coached to keep the ball and we so rarely take the ball on the half turn to look forward. It so often is passes backwards 5 yards for no apparent reason. If you are going to play that way it needs quick movement constantly off the ball, we do it at walking pace.

We also love a 40 yard cross field ball for no good reason, it isn't like we then attack at pace if it comes off. It is a vanity ball and usually fails

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

We lack creativity and those probing forward passes to the striker on 09:48 - Mar 10 with 656 viewsBseaBlue

We lack creativity and those probing forward passes to the striker on 09:42 - Mar 10 by Bluefish

There is an obsession with keeping the ball but it ismt what Amy fans want or what wins games. Sometimes you have to take risks by beating a player or threading a tricky ball through. Too often we just pass side or back without looking, they are coached to keep the ball and we so rarely take the ball on the half turn to look forward. It so often is passes backwards 5 yards for no apparent reason. If you are going to play that way it needs quick movement constantly off the ball, we do it at walking pace.

We also love a 40 yard cross field ball for no good reason, it isn't like we then attack at pace if it comes off. It is a vanity ball and usually fails

I think you are absolutely right in that the coaching has been sideways and backwards. Will take Cook some time to get us our of that habit.
We lack creativity and those probing forward passes to the striker on 10:08 - Mar 10 with 635 viewsGuthrum

We lack creativity and those probing forward passes to the striker on 09:42 - Mar 10 by Bluefish

I think you have a key point in there. A lot of the time, our players receive passes facing towards the Town goal. Thus they are already moving in the wrong direction. It takes time to then turn and, if under pressure, may not be possible. So the only subsequent passing options are sideways or backwards.

But it's not every single time. we have shown on occasion this season that our more advanced players are capable of exchanging passes while maintaining forward motion. With some considerable fluidity and speed. So we can do it - just need make it more than a rare occurrance.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

We lack creativity and those probing forward passes to the striker on 10:17 - Mar 10 with 617 viewscatch74

Bishop, Dozzell and Downes - hoping he sticks and works with them and for most would be the sensible options from what we’ve got. It’s glimpses at the moment from all of them. When they consistently take the risks they occasionally do it could be pretty exciting. Shame we haven’t had all three of them on the pitch together more than a handful of times so far.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

We lack creativity and those probing forward passes to the striker on 11:10 - Mar 10 with 568 viewsghostofescobar

We lack creativity and those probing forward passes to the striker on 10:17 - Mar 10 by catch74

Bishop, Dozzell and Downes - hoping he sticks and works with them and for most would be the sensible options from what we’ve got. It’s glimpses at the moment from all of them. When they consistently take the risks they occasionally do it could be pretty exciting. Shame we haven’t had all three of them on the pitch together more than a handful of times so far.

I hate to say it, and I'll admit to not watching every game this season, but Dozzell looks way off someone who should be a nailed on starter. I like Bish and Downes. Dozzell is too wasteful, too sloppy, just doesn't add enough over 90 minutes, but I get we are short of other options. Hopefully PC can bring out the best in him; I sincerely hope so ('one of us' and all that).

GhostOfEscobar

We lack creativity and those probing forward passes to the striker on 12:58 - Mar 10 with 506 viewsurbanblue

There are signs that this is exactly what Cook is working on.
We lack creativity and those probing forward passes to the striker on 13:10 - Mar 10 with 466 viewsNthQldITFC

We lack creativity and those probing forward passes to the striker on 11:10 - Mar 10 by ghostofescobar

I hate to say it, and I'll admit to not watching every game this season, but Dozzell looks way off someone who should be a nailed on starter. I like Bish and Downes. Dozzell is too wasteful, too sloppy, just doesn't add enough over 90 minutes, but I get we are short of other options. Hopefully PC can bring out the best in him; I sincerely hope so ('one of us' and all that).

I know what you mean, but when he is playing well he is a very classy, and potentially very effective creator of chances. I'd play him higher up the pitch personally, feeding the 9 and two not-so-wide wide forwards, and overlapping fullbacks, BUT at the moment most of the time our movement up front is not dynamic or intelligent enough, and I think that's down to coaching rather than ability, so I expect Cook will turn that round fairly quickly.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024