Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's dare to think long-term everybody! 19:46 - Apr 5 with 453 viewsCoco

We all wanted a new manager bounce but that isn't happening. Maybe the Cowley's would have had a more immediate effect, may be not. IMO if we want to build something long-term, Cook had to be the man but it will take some patience and understanding. Many, many years of stagnation cannot not be fixed overnight. The real issue is how a certain Marcus Evans intends to play things.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Let's dare to think long-term everybody! on 19:51 - Apr 5 with 419 viewsCheltenham_Blue

or indeed whether or not he will pay for things.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Let's dare to think long-term everybody! on 19:58 - Apr 5 with 386 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I was concerned that should we manage to get up through the play-offs somehow (as unlikely as that ever was), we would struggle to build a team good enough to stay in the Championship.

At least Cook now definitely has a season at this level to put a team together and get them ready to fight in the Championship.

This squad did not fight to stay in the Championship. They did not fight for promotion last season. They have no fight now. This squad simply has no fight about it at all.

We need at least two real leaders to come in who have the ability to play at this level and the potential at least to play in the Championship. Alongside them we need players who will work hard and fit the system Cook wants to play, again with the aptitude and attributes for this level and at least the potential to be good Championship players.

I would like to think there are a few here now who could fit in with this but the key players we need are not at the club at the moment.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Let's dare to think long-term everybody! on 20:02 - Apr 5 with 370 viewsrattram

Let's dare to think long-term everybody! on 19:58 - Apr 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

I was concerned that should we manage to get up through the play-offs somehow (as unlikely as that ever was), we would struggle to build a team good enough to stay in the Championship.

At least Cook now definitely has a season at this level to put a team together and get them ready to fight in the Championship.

This squad did not fight to stay in the Championship. They did not fight for promotion last season. They have no fight now. This squad simply has no fight about it at all.

We need at least two real leaders to come in who have the ability to play at this level and the potential at least to play in the Championship. Alongside them we need players who will work hard and fit the system Cook wants to play, again with the aptitude and attributes for this level and at least the potential to be good Championship players.

I would like to think there are a few here now who could fit in with this but the key players we need are not at the club at the moment.

The lack of fight and basic ability to do the simple things right is sad to watch.
Do the players not realise that they would get more money if they were promoted?
Let's dare to think long-term everybody! on 20:03 - Apr 5 with 366 viewschrismakin

Time to take some positives going forwards really

Defense is solid. Even under PC it's what just 3 losses since he has been here.

So its just some very important recruitment needed in the final third so at least it's not a whole squad problem.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024