Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
El Miz staying is a positive... 18:25 - May 10 with 1545 viewswkj

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

El Miz staying is a positive... on 18:26 - May 10 with 1238 viewsSpruceMoose

That does rather make it sound like they would have got rid of Bishop if they could...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

El Miz staying is a positive... on 18:28 - May 10 with 1149 viewsSwailsey

El Miz staying is a positive... on 18:26 - May 10 by SpruceMoose

That does rather make it sound like they would have got rid of Bishop if they could...

Haha I thought that.

"We are delighted to say A, B and C are staying"

"X, Y and Z are leaving the club with our best wishes and thanks for everything"

"Mr Bishop is also employed by Ipswich Town Football Club Company Limited".

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

El Miz staying is a positive... on 18:29 - May 10 with 1107 viewswkj

I think a good summer of fitness and preseason might get the rust off of Bishop. He's a handy player when he's firing.

Crybaby

El Miz staying is a positive... on 18:29 - May 10 with 1103 viewspointofblue

Yeah, sounds bad but I presume Cook would have treated Bishop like Judge and Ward had he wanted him out.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

El Miz staying is a positive... on 18:29 - May 10 with 1092 viewsSpruceMoose

El Miz staying is a positive... on 18:28 - May 10 by Swailsey

Haha I thought that.

"X, Y and Z are leaving the club with our best wishes and thanks for everything"

I have an irrational soft spot for Teddy, so I hope he can prove whatever doubters he has wrong next year.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

El Miz staying is a positive... on 18:29 - May 10 with 1074 viewspositivity

so's teddy & toto.

drinan is the big shock, gives his all, but limited

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

El Miz staying is a positive... on 18:30 - May 10 with 1063 viewsjas0999

Exactly that. No choice on Bishop. Option triggered.
El Miz staying is a positive... on 18:30 - May 10 with 1031 viewsSTYG

El Miz staying is a positive... on 18:28 - May 10 by Swailsey

Haha I thought that.

Nothing to see surely.

Bishop triggered an extension. So we didn’t need to offer him an extension like the others as his was automatic.

Which also means that Cook continued to select him likely knowing that would be the case and, hence, he wanted him next year.
Login to get fewer ads

El Miz staying is a positive... on 18:31 - May 10 with 1005 viewsSwailsey

El Miz staying is a positive... on 18:30 - May 10 by STYG

Nothing to see surely.

Bishop triggered an extension. So we didn’t need to offer him an extension like the others as his was automatic.

Which also means that Cook continued to select him likely knowing that would be the case and, hence, he wanted him next year.

Oh I'm sure. Just amusing wording. To me anyway.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

El Miz staying is a positive... on 18:31 - May 10 with 999 viewsBeckets

El Miz staying is a positive... on 18:29 - May 10 by pointofblue

Yeah, sounds bad but I presume Cook would have treated Bishop like Judge and Ward had he wanted him out.

Bishop would have been under the threshold for an automatic extension when Cook joined and Cook has included him in pretty much every squad he’s selected.
El Miz staying is a positive... on 18:31 - May 10 with 983 viewsSpruceMoose

El Miz staying is a positive... on 18:30 - May 10 by STYG

Nothing to see surely.

Unless he'd already triggered the extension under Lambert.

El Miz staying is a positive... on 18:32 - May 10 with 972 viewswkj

El Miz staying is a positive... on 18:29 - May 10 by positivity

so's teddy & toto.

drinan is the big shock, gives his all, but limited

I honestly think Drinan is being kept on to help close out games. One thing he's done well this season is run at players and given the defence little time on the ball - forcing turnovers in possession and giving us as much time as possible on the ball with a winning scoreline might be exactly what Cook is thinking with him, and he can do that well.

Crybaby

El Miz staying is a positive... on 18:33 - May 10 with 912 viewsPJH

El Miz staying is a positive... on 18:29 - May 10 by pointofblue

Probably the clause was triggered before Cook got here so he had no choice.
El Miz staying is a positive... on 18:34 - May 10 with 907 viewschrismakin

El Miz staying is a positive... on 18:32 - May 10 by wkj

I honestly think Drinan is being kept on to help close out games. One thing he's done well this season is run at players and given the defence little time on the ball - forcing turnovers in possession and giving us as much time as possible on the ball with a winning scoreline might be exactly what Cook is thinking with him, and he can do that well.

You can ask any player to run after the ball for 10 minutes

What a waste of a place

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

El Miz staying is a positive... on 18:35 - May 10 with 862 viewsSpruceMoose

El Miz staying is a positive... on 18:34 - May 10 by chrismakin

What a waste of a place

You clearly never saw Pablo play.

El Miz staying is a positive... on 18:35 - May 10 with 839 viewswkj

What a waste of a place

I see this is hitting you hard. The upside to you not liking it gives me more faith in Cook's decision making.

Crybaby

El Miz staying is a positive... on 18:36 - May 10 with 808 viewslinhdi

El Miz staying is a positive... on 18:35 - May 10 by SpruceMoose

You clearly never saw Pablo play.

Controversial. But brilliant. (Thank you)!!!
El Miz staying is a positive... on 18:36 - May 10 with 798 viewsSTYG

What a waste of a place

Drinan is a 23 year old from the league of Ireland. He’s going to be on a pittance.

Absolutely no reason to get rid of him on the basis that he’s looked half decent in a few matches.

I agree he looks nowhere near it but if Cook brings in one or two strikers ahead of Norwood or to compete with him in a system with one striker, then Drinan is going to be better quality and better value than most fourth choice strikers in League One and would allow us not to necessarily have to change system which might be for the greater good.
El Miz staying is a positive... on 18:37 - May 10 with 786 viewsPJH

At this moment there are already 25 professionals contracted for next season or beyond so Cook will have to try to shift some that are under contract or have a squad larger than he wants or not sign many players.
El Miz staying is a positive... on 18:38 - May 10 with 748 viewspositivity

El Miz staying is a positive... on 18:36 - May 10 by STYG

Drinan is a 23 year old from the league of Ireland. He’s going to be on a pittance.

Absolutely no reason to get rid of him on the basis that he’s looked half decent in a few matches.

I agree he looks nowhere near it but if Cook brings in one or two strikers ahead of Norwood or to compete with him in a system with one striker, then Drinan is going to be better quality and better value than most fourth choice strikers in League One and would allow us not to necessarily have to change system which might be for the greater good.

the question is, is he worth one of the 22 (or is it less now) squad places we'll have for over-21s?

if the squad size was unlimited, i'd definitely keep him, but with these rules it's questionable

El Miz staying is a positive... on 18:39 - May 10 with 714 viewschrismakin

El Miz staying is a positive... on 18:36 - May 10 by STYG

We get told over and over about the importance of the academy. Which is part funded by donations of supporters.

Academy players being kept out of a squad for the likes of Drinan..

Might aswell scrap the academy

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

El Miz staying is a positive... on 18:41 - May 10 with 669 viewspositivity

El Miz staying is a positive... on 18:37 - May 10 by PJH

At this moment there are already 25 professionals contracted for next season or beyond so Cook will have to try to shift some that are under contract or have a squad larger than he wants or not sign many players.

a lot of the younger ones won't be considered as part of the senior squad, expect he'll loan some out too

El Miz staying is a positive... on 18:41 - May 10 with 662 viewsSpruceMoose

El Miz staying is a positive... on 18:39 - May 10 by chrismakin

We get told over and over about the importance of the academy. Which is part funded by donations of supporters.

Oh just stop. Don't go back to being a massive fanny.

El Miz staying is a positive... on 18:42 - May 10 with 643 viewsGuthrum

El Miz staying is a positive... on 18:38 - May 10 by positivity

the question is, is he worth one of the 22 (or is it less now) squad places we'll have for over-21s?

if the squad size was unlimited, i'd definitely keep him, but with these rules it's questionable

Perhaps he is here to play in non-League matches, to prevent our key strikers having to.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

El Miz staying is a positive... on 18:42 - May 10 with 638 viewsSwailsey

El Miz staying is a positive... on 18:39 - May 10 by chrismakin

Calm.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024