Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some weird statements in the Edwards Interview 08:28 - Jun 11 with 1166 viewsCheltenham_Blue

That even if I was a Wigan fan would have me going, "WTF"?

“You have to set yourselves goals as players and clubs, and I’m looking forward to hopefully helping Wigan get back to where they belong”

I think its widely known that Town have probably have more money come in than most and are looking at the Prem, so why suggest otherwise.

“As a player, you always want to play at as high a level as you can, and I think this club matches my ambition in that regard. They want to get back up to the Championship, that’s the challenge in front of us, and we’re all looking forward to it.”

So why not do it with Ipswich?

I'm not saying he's throwing any shade on whats going on here, but it does read like a player that has been found out at his previous club, i'd be questioning some of this if I was a Wigan fan, especially when common knowledge is contradicting everything he's saying.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Some weird statements in the Edwards Interview on 08:34 - Jun 11 with 1065 viewsRRB

I think both teams have the same ambitions.

I reckon the only difference is that Wigan have guaranteed Edwards more first team football than we have.
Some weird statements in the Edwards Interview on 08:35 - Jun 11 with 1040 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Some weird statements in the Edwards Interview on 08:34 - Jun 11 by RRB

I reckon the only difference is that Wigan have guaranteed Edwards more first team football than we have.

I rather suspect we offered something like a one year with an option.

I know that both teams have the same ambitions, thats rather my point.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Some weird statements in the Edwards Interview on 08:37 - Jun 11 with 979 viewsfooters

Lol. You're reading way too much into some bland, irrelevant footballer statements here, my dood.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Some weird statements in the Edwards Interview on 08:39 - Jun 11 with 950 viewsBlueyandCrazy

I think it all makes sense in the context that;
- It sounds like Wigan have similar ambitions to us, following their takeover
- they've probably made Edwards feel like he will be a regular starter, whereas I suspect our offer was more lukewarm / part of squad etc
- he probably feels he needs a fresh start

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

Some weird statements in the Edwards Interview on 08:40 - Jun 11 with 925 viewsDubtractor

Some weird statements in the Edwards Interview on 08:37 - Jun 11 by footers

Lol. You're reading way too much into some bland, irrelevant footballer statements here, my dood.

Agree with this.

Look at Chambers, just joined a team that dodged relegation last year and talks about ambitions to get promoted next season. Just meaningless waffle from a template.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Some weird statements in the Edwards Interview on 08:41 - Jun 11 with 912 viewsMetal_Hacker

Stereotypical new player statement syndrome innit

Poll: If it were one or the other

Some weird statements in the Edwards Interview on 08:41 - Jun 11 with 918 viewsleftback

The eadt podcast boys hinted that, maybe the time it took Edwards the time to mull over the town offer it indicated to cook that Edwards wasn’t committed to the cause as much as he wants his players to be and that when Edwards got in touch with ipswich to discuss the deal town were no longer interested
Some weird statements in the Edwards Interview on 08:42 - Jun 11 with 914 viewsIpswichKnight

We made an offer he went away to think about it, when he made the call back to us Ashton and Cook didn’t return the calls. Suspect our deal was very much take it NOW and not wait 2/3 weeks after several rounds of Golf with Nors and Flynn.
Login to get fewer ads

Some weird statements in the Edwards Interview on 08:48 - Jun 11 with 849 viewsmeekreech

Some weird statements in the Edwards Interview on 08:34 - Jun 11 by RRB

Both teams may have the same ambitions and maybe the same financial status but to me Edwards is showing them to be more gullible as they couldn’t have researched his history here. If they are going to promise him more first team game time they will be sadly disappointed.

Poll: who do you see as next manager ?

Some weird statements in the Edwards Interview on 08:49 - Jun 11 with 834 viewsITFCBlues

He maybe moved because Wigan offered him a better contract. You can't take players comments too litreally..

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024