Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mr David Sheepshanks 09:58 - Aug 3 with 1153 viewschicoazul

What a man eh? What a man. Could bring a tear to a glass eye with that speech.
I’ve been very dubious on the takeover since it happened as I see it as the death of Ipswich as a Corinthian club with excellent sporting values. But Mr David is turning me round.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Mr David Sheepshanks on 10:03 - Aug 3 with 1103 viewsthebooks

Normal waffle, said much the same thing with Evans, but if it keeps the plebs happy that’s all good.
Mr David Sheepshanks on 10:04 - Aug 3 with 1100 viewsSteve_M

He was always good at the motivating speeches to fans, less so at motivating music for players, and certainly wouldn't have left the vacuum that ME did over the past decade.

He's still one of the principle reasons we've had two decades which have been largely crap though.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Mr David Sheepshanks on 10:13 - Aug 3 with 1016 viewschicoazul

Mr David Sheepshanks on 10:04 - Aug 3 by Steve_M

He was always good at the motivating speeches to fans, less so at motivating music for players, and certainly wouldn't have left the vacuum that ME did over the past decade.

He's still one of the principle reasons we've had two decades which have been largely crap though.

Tiny amount of blame compared to Evans and his disastrous appointments.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Mr David Sheepshanks on 10:16 - Aug 3 with 1007 viewshomer_123

Mr David Sheepshanks on 10:13 - Aug 3 by chicoazul

Tiny amount of blame compared to Evans and his disastrous appointments.

Well now, that is interesting.

Due to Sheepshanks mishandling of the Club we ended up with Evans.......

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Mr David Sheepshanks on 10:19 - Aug 3 with 989 viewschicoazul

Mr David Sheepshanks on 10:16 - Aug 3 by homer_123

Well now, that is interesting.

Due to Sheepshanks mishandling of the Club we ended up with Evans.......

Evans fulfilled all his initial promises when he arrived and invested tons of cash.

Mr David Sheepshanks on 10:23 - Aug 3 with 956 viewsbluefunk

Mr David Sheepshanks on 10:04 - Aug 3 by Steve_M

Principal reasons? Sheepy can hardly be held responsible for the disastrous decisions made by Evans since he failed to back MM.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2021 10:25]
Mr David Sheepshanks on 10:26 - Aug 3 with 934 viewsLeoMuff

Mr David Sheepshanks on 10:19 - Aug 3 by chicoazul

Evans fulfilled all his initial promises when he arrived and invested tons of cash.

Only when he thought he could make a killing on the cheap getting us in the prem , once that had faded he criminally neglected us.

He did spend a lot of cash, but I’m not sure it is as much as advertised, and much of it he wasted was down to his own incompetence

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Mr David Sheepshanks on 10:31 - Aug 3 with 911 viewschicoazul

Mr David Sheepshanks on 10:26 - Aug 3 by LeoMuff

Only when he thought he could make a killing on the cheap getting us in the prem , once that had faded he criminally neglected us.

He did spend a lot of cash, but I’m not sure it is as much as advertised, and much of it he wasted was down to his own incompetence

No I agree but I’m saying he did everything he told Sheepy and the board he would so it’s rich sauce to blame Sheepy for Evans’ disasters.

Login to get fewer ads

Mr David Sheepshanks on 11:19 - Aug 3 with 808 viewsBasuco

He is great to talk to if you see him at Portman Road as well, very approachable and always has a smile when talking about the club.
Mr David Sheepshanks on 12:31 - Aug 3 with 674 viewsChurchman

Mr David Sheepshanks on 10:26 - Aug 3 by LeoMuff

Spot on. Purely based on feeling rather than fact, I doubt fast buck Evans lost as much in real terms as was claimed either.
Mr David Sheepshanks on 12:34 - Aug 3 with 665 viewstimothyeo

At least you can tell he genuinely cares.
Mr David Sheepshanks on 18:25 - Aug 3 with 534 viewsLeoMuff

Mr David Sheepshanks on 12:31 - Aug 3 by Churchman

Spot on. Purely based on feeling rather than fact, I doubt fast buck Evans lost as much in real terms as was claimed either.

He charged us interest on a debt of £30-90 million owed to himself for starters.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024