Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grealish - 100mil, the most expensive English player 22:27 - Aug 5 with 978 viewsgalacticoblue

Seems a bit odd as he is only a bit part substitute for England!

Grealish - 100mil, the most expensive English player on 22:29 - Aug 5 with 954 viewsSitfcB

He won’t be now

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Grealish - 100mil, the most expensive English player on 22:35 - Aug 5 with 938 viewsMerseyBlue

Don't blame him for going at all and can't blame them for wanting him. That being said, I hate citeh and I hate that this makes them even stronger. For all the talent they have, I rarely enjoy watching them play due to their constant tactical fouling and actively back whoever they're playing, aside from that lot up the road.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Grealish - 100mil, the most expensive English player on 22:46 - Aug 5 with 904 viewsEdmundo

Grealish - 100mil, the most expensive English player on 22:35 - Aug 5 by MerseyBlue

Don't blame him for going at all and can't blame them for wanting him. That being said, I hate citeh and I hate that this makes them even stronger. For all the talent they have, I rarely enjoy watching them play due to their constant tactical fouling and actively back whoever they're playing, aside from that lot up the road.

Agree. For them the money is no object so actually just preventing a rival from getting the best players is their objective. He will probably be on rotation with the other squad members and only play half their games.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Grealish - 100mil, the most expensive English player on 22:50 - Aug 5 with 882 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Grealish - 100mil, the most expensive English player on 22:46 - Aug 5 by Edmundo

Agree. For them the money is no object so actually just preventing a rival from getting the best players is their objective. He will probably be on rotation with the other squad members and only play half their games.

He'll be a star player for them.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Grealish - 100mil, the most expensive English player on 22:50 - Aug 5 with 883 viewsMerseyBlue

Grealish - 100mil, the most expensive English player on 22:46 - Aug 5 by Edmundo

Yep, and obviously they're not the only ones who operate in this way but the way elite clubs operate just pushes me more and more to other sports. I watch so much football but I find less and less enjoyment in the big teams playing out draws because they can't afford to lose to one another.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Grealish - 100mil, the most expensive English player on 23:03 - Aug 5 with 838 viewsBasingstokeBlue

We’ll pay a lot less than that to get Messi on board.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Grealish - 100mil, the most expensive English player on 23:04 - Aug 5 with 835 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Grealish - 100mil, the most expensive English player on 22:50 - Aug 5 by MerseyBlue

Yep, and obviously they're not the only ones who operate in this way but the way elite clubs operate just pushes me more and more to other sports. I watch so much football but I find less and less enjoyment in the big teams playing out draws because they can't afford to lose to one another.

They are no different to the other clubs.

When United bought Pogba that was a world record transfer fee.

Chelsea paid a fee of what could end up at £90m for Havertz.

Liverpool paid world record fees for VVD and Allison at the time making them the world's most expensive players in their positions.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Grealish - 100mil, the most expensive English player on 23:09 - Aug 5 with 811 viewsMerseyBlue

Grealish - 100mil, the most expensive English player on 23:04 - Aug 5 by Marshalls_Mullet

They are no different to the other clubs.

When United bought Pogba that was a world record transfer fee.

Chelsea paid a fee of what could end up at £90m for Havertz.

Liverpool paid world record fees for VVD and Allison at the time making them the world's most expensive players in their positions.

I did say they're not the only ones - all of the big clubs have been allowed to be too greedy for too long, and any club that found itself in a position to do so, would do the same. The system isn't sustainable, look at Barcelona - they'll get away with a lot of it because they always do but that situation should not be allowed to happen. Just really not keen on the way football works anymore, unfortunately nothing will change until the whole house of cards comes crashing down.

Login to get fewer ads

Grealish - 100mil, the most expensive English player on 23:14 - Aug 5 with 798 viewsTractorWood

Aguero out, Grealish in for £100m is probably the worst transfer /shirt number swap in history.

Just a perfect storm of short sightedness and greed. When the system collapses this will be looked back on as absolutely ridiculous.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2021 23:15]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Grealish - 100mil, the most expensive English player on 23:24 - Aug 5 with 760 viewsMattinLondon

Grealish - 100mil, the most expensive English player on 23:14 - Aug 5 by TractorWood

Aguero out, Grealish in for £100m is probably the worst transfer /shirt number swap in history.

Just a perfect storm of short sightedness and greed. When the system collapses this will be looked back on as absolutely ridiculous.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2021 23:15]

When the system collapses! When exactly will this be? People have been going on about this for years but it hasn’t happened and probably won’t for some time.
Grealish - 100mil, the most expensive English player on 23:31 - Aug 5 with 750 viewspointofblue

Grealish is a great player but they’re signing a player to fill a position where they’ve already got cover - they need a striker and surely the cash should have gone into replacing Aguero?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Grealish - 100mil, the most expensive English player on 19:19 - Aug 7 with 370 viewsEdmundo

Grealish - 100mil, the most expensive English player on 23:24 - Aug 5 by MattinLondon

When the system collapses! When exactly will this be? People have been going on about this for years but it hasn’t happened and probably won’t for some time.

Massive inflation about to hit. Football is usually immune, but that's not guaranteed...

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024