Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Manager 18:33 - Aug 11 with 838 viewschrismakin

You know sometimes you get a new manager who may have had a rough run at his previous club but then gets given a fresh start with a new club. The new club supporters back him and trust him and wait a while to see what happens.

Shouldn't that be the case with PC?

New season. New squad not just a handful of signings. New backroom team. New board room. Basically everything is new.

So why does his previous few months come into the mindset of some?.

It's not like hes carrying on with the old regime like Lambert did for a few years etc.

We are basically a new club in league 1 with a new manager with a new squad.

[Post edited 11 Aug 2021 18:35]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

New Manager on 20:18 - Aug 11 with 660 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Have a day off CM.

Different day, same post.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

New Manager on 20:20 - Aug 11 with 643 viewschrismakin

New Manager on 20:18 - Aug 11 by Marshalls_Mullet

Have a day off CM.

Different day, same post.

Told everyone else the same MM?

Different day. Same target ;)

Btw. Tongue in cheek to you. Love our daily. Agree to disagrees:)

Anyway only my OP. It's a fair question isnt it?
[Post edited 11 Aug 2021 20:23]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

New Manager on 21:24 - Aug 11 with 514 viewsHighgateBlue

Cook was our manager for a not insignificant part of last season. He did not get very good results. Everyone will make allowances for the facts that (a) the players were not his signings, (b) Evans was clearly looking for the exit, (c) he had no opportunity to show his chops in the transfer market, (d) the fans were not present, and (e) the fans were largely cheesed off.

How much weight to give those facts is entirely up to different punters. But what you can't do is pretend that he wasn't at Town last year, being paid to manage our club and coach our first team. Hopefully when we assess Cook's tenure when he leaves, he will become England manager a la Bobby Robson, and last season will be less than a footnote to a footnote. But right now it forms the majority of his games as Town boss.

He is very lucky that he has been allowed to clear the decks and sign a dozen new signings. I have a certain amount of confidence that he will make the most of that luck. Let's hope so. But it's fair enough to judge him on all of his record. For me, that includes the decision to let our player of the season go. If we score more than we concede, great. But at present, our defence is not better than he inherited. Hopefully it will be, come September.
New Manager on 21:38 - Aug 11 with 473 viewsJ2BLUE

New Manager on 21:24 - Aug 11 by HighgateBlue

Cook was our manager for a not insignificant part of last season. He did not get very good results. Everyone will make allowances for the facts that (a) the players were not his signings, (b) Evans was clearly looking for the exit, (c) he had no opportunity to show his chops in the transfer market, (d) the fans were not present, and (e) the fans were largely cheesed off.

How much weight to give those facts is entirely up to different punters. But what you can't do is pretend that he wasn't at Town last year, being paid to manage our club and coach our first team. Hopefully when we assess Cook's tenure when he leaves, he will become England manager a la Bobby Robson, and last season will be less than a footnote to a footnote. But right now it forms the majority of his games as Town boss.

He is very lucky that he has been allowed to clear the decks and sign a dozen new signings. I have a certain amount of confidence that he will make the most of that luck. Let's hope so. But it's fair enough to judge him on all of his record. For me, that includes the decision to let our player of the season go. If we score more than we concede, great. But at present, our defence is not better than he inherited. Hopefully it will be, come September.

Cook should definitely have done better last season. As much credit as he has in the bank, it’s a fact that we underachieved.

I have high hopes for this season and Cook has my full support.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024