Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I really hope this is fake news 15:11 - Aug 19 with 1600 viewsgtsb1966

but it's more in hope than expectation. To do this is desperation beyond anything I could ever understand. So sad.
https://metro.co.uk/2021/08/19/afghanistan-news-mothers-throw-babies-over-barbed
I really hope this is fake news on 15:18 - Aug 19 with 1525 viewsIllinoisblue

Ooof, a punch to the gut. Can’t even imagine

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I really hope this is fake news on 15:19 - Aug 19 with 1509 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Impossible to put oneself in their shoes.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I really hope this is fake news on 15:21 - Aug 19 with 1499 viewsNthsuffolkblue

‘By the end of the night there wasn’t one man among us who was not crying.’

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I really hope this is fake news on 16:13 - Aug 19 with 1313 viewsEireannach_gorm

Not Fake.

I really hope this is fake news on 16:38 - Aug 19 with 1178 viewsMullet

There's also footage going about of people hitting the runway after falling from planes. I've got absolutely no interest in seeing that.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I really hope this is fake news on 17:38 - Aug 19 with 946 viewsbluelagos

Going back over 10 years I was visiting Zimbabwe and found myself in Vic falls where I saw some bread sellers, ladies sat by the road selling bread to scrape a few pennies. This was at a point where Zimbabwe was collapsing, shelves were empty, I had a billion dollar note that was worthless - society was collapsing.

I sat down with one of them, smiled and tried to help her sell some bread. A white guy calling out was a bit unusual and she drummed a couple of extra sales. I'd had a beer, and enjoyed 5 minutes laughing with her a random stranger, happy to share a smile.

As I went to leave, she tried to give me her baby. It wasn't a playful thing, she pleaded with me to take her baby home. Genuinely one of the most upsetting things I've ever experienced and I got horribly drunk that night trying to process what has happened and how helpless her situation was that she tried to do what she tried to do.

Sad, tragic, I just don't have the vocab to describe exactly what it was then, and how it is today in Afghanistan, so desperate a situation that people would sit on the wing of a plane taking off or try and give their babies to strangers. Absolutely heart breaking what is happening in front of us, and those responsible should pay a heavy price. From Biden telling us he would do the same again, to Johnson and Raab swanning off on holiday without a care in the world.

This is on their watch and there are real consequences to their inept decision making / lack of actions.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

I really hope this is fake news on 20:54 - Aug 19 with 727 viewsEireannach_gorm

I really hope this is fake news on 16:38 - Aug 19 by Mullet

There's also footage going about of people hitting the runway after falling from planes. I've got absolutely no interest in seeing that.

An Afghan Youth team player was one.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/8/19/zaki-anwari-afghan-footballer-fell-to-d
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024