Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I’m sure there are many examples of this but the weird thing about Covid 11:53 - Sep 7 with 1296 viewsIllinoisblue

Is how you can have people living together in the same house, two people test positive, two don’t. How can such an infectious disease not affect everybody living together?

We have friends where the Dad and son have just tested positive but the Mum and daughter are negative. Dad is working from home yet Mum is a teacher who you would assume has greater risk of exposure to Covid.

Interesting also to note the ripple effects… the son is a friend of a kid on my footy team and per the close contact rules that kid had to miss our games this weekend.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2021 12:39]

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I’m sure there are many examples of this but the weird thing about Covid on 11:57 - Sep 7 with 1250 viewsWD19

I was chatting to someone yesterday who had it bad, whilst her daughter and husband escaped unscathed. Shared house. Shared bathroom.
I’m sure there are many examples of this but the weird thing about Covid on 12:02 - Sep 7 with 1220 viewsGuthrum

Varying natural levels of resistance to infection, including possibly differences between the sexes. Being at school may give the mother a stronger immune system, due to constant exposure to disease-carrying children.

There was some evidence that having had a particular strain of the common cold might give some immunity to Covid. Which was possibly why fewer young people got it in the early days - they'd all caught colds at school, which older folk had taken care not to get themselves.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I’m sure there are many examples of this but the weird thing about Covid on 12:23 - Sep 7 with 1113 viewsusm

Its weird. My daughter - a teacher - caught it, but her husband and child did not. They live in a small 2 bed flat with one bathroom.
Lots more still to lean about this virus.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

I’m sure there are many examples of this but the weird thing about Covid on 12:31 - Sep 7 with 1065 viewsFreddies_Ears

I suspect different people have different responses to the vaccines. During the Euros, I spent a lot of time with a double-vaxed mate who had a cold that turned out to be a nasty dose of covid, but I didn't get it. (I am hoping that means my vaccine has worked nicely...).
I’m sure there are many examples of this but the weird thing about Covid on 12:36 - Sep 7 with 1034 viewssaffers12

I’m sure there are many examples of this but the weird thing about Covid on 12:31 - Sep 7 by Freddies_Ears

I suspect different people have different responses to the vaccines. During the Euros, I spent a lot of time with a double-vaxed mate who had a cold that turned out to be a nasty dose of covid, but I didn't get it. (I am hoping that means my vaccine has worked nicely...).

same here, wife and step daughter quite ill with it, myself fine...
I’m sure there are many examples of this but the weird thing about Covid on 12:37 - Sep 7 with 1031 viewsEl_Fenix

An interesting question ...

... but why was it posted as a football thread?

ITFC shall rise like a phoenix from the ashes of its long decline!

I’m sure there are many examples of this but the weird thing about Covid on 12:40 - Sep 7 with 1013 viewsIllinoisblue

I’m sure there are many examples of this but the weird thing about Covid on 12:37 - Sep 7 by El_Fenix

Amended

62 - 78 - 81

Because the son is a friend of a kid on his footy team.... on 12:40 - Sep 7 with 1011 viewsBloots

I’m sure there are many examples of this but the weird thing about Covid on 12:37 - Sep 7 by El_Fenix

....and he had to miss matches.

That OK for you?

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Login to get fewer ads

I’m sure there are many examples of this but the weird thing about Covid on 12:40 - Sep 7 with 1004 viewsIllinoisblue

I’m sure there are many examples of this but the weird thing about Covid on 12:36 - Sep 7 by saffers12

same here, wife and step daughter quite ill with it, myself fine...

Bizarre isn’t it? As USM said in his post, lots and lots still to learn.

62 - 78 - 81

Because the son is a friend of a kid on his footy team.... on 12:43 - Sep 7 with 988 viewsIllinoisblue

Because the son is a friend of a kid on his footy team.... on 12:40 - Sep 7 by Bloots

....and he had to miss matches.

That OK for you?

One of the matches was the tournament final no less. Goalless at the half and then it all went spectacularly wrong. Conceded 3 goals in five minutes. You could see the heads dropping.

62 - 78 - 81

Because the son is a friend of a kid on his footy team.... on 12:53 - Sep 7 with 926 viewsWeWereZombies

Because the son is a friend of a kid on his footy team.... on 12:43 - Sep 7 by Illinoisblue

One of the matches was the tournament final no less. Goalless at the half and then it all went spectacularly wrong. Conceded 3 goals in five minutes. You could see the heads dropping.

Well that's an unexpected, and previously undocumented, side effect of Covid...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

FFS, why have you posted this in "General".....?? on 12:56 - Sep 7 with 916 viewsBloots

Because the son is a friend of a kid on his footy team.... on 12:43 - Sep 7 by Illinoisblue

.....you are totally ruining this board.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Because the son is a friend of a kid on his footy team.... on 12:57 - Sep 7 with 903 viewsSwansea_Blue

Because the son is a friend of a kid on his footy team.... on 12:53 - Sep 7 by WeWereZombies

Well that's an unexpected, and previously undocumented, side effect of Covid...

Ah, so our team have had Covid for the last 15 years or so. It's all making sense now.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Because the son is a friend of a kid on his footy team.... on 13:06 - Sep 7 with 883 viewsWeWereZombies

Because the son is a friend of a kid on his footy team.... on 12:57 - Sep 7 by Swansea_Blue

Ah, so our team have had Covid for the last 15 years or so. It's all making sense now.

Beginning to see that Covid wasn't planned by the Chinese or the Russians or the Bilderberg Group, it was just the Queen of Hearts finding a more subtle way to enforce her chosen method of punishment...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

I’m sure there are many examples of this but the weird thing about Covid on 13:09 - Sep 7 with 869 viewsLesta_Tractor

It is weird my wife hasn't caught it despite me having it, the colleague she shares office with having it and her Dad having it when we visiting at Christmas.

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

FFS, why have you posted this in "General".....?? on 13:37 - Sep 7 with 795 viewsIllinoisblue

FFS, why have you posted this in "General".....?? on 12:56 - Sep 7 by Bloots

.....you are totally ruining this board.

I’m currently hitting myself about the head with Phil’s banhammer.

62 - 78 - 81

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024