Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Had an excellent slice of homemade Battenberg for just two quid earlier 18:46 - Sep 8 with 704 viewsWeWereZombies

And was then given another slice for free as I left.

Today was a good day.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Had an excellent slice of homemade Battenberg for just two quid earlier on 18:48 - Sep 8 with 691 viewsBent_double

They were probably amazed that someone actually paid for a slice!

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Had an excellent slice of homemade Battenberg for just two quid earlier on 18:57 - Sep 8 with 665 viewsEwan_Oozami

Did it have the density of a lead slab? That's the best thing about home-made battenberg, it has real gravitas.....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Had an excellent slice of homemade Battenberg for just two quid earlier on 19:10 - Sep 8 with 642 viewsWeWereZombies

Had an excellent slice of homemade Battenberg for just two quid earlier on 18:57 - Sep 8 by Ewan_Oozami

Did it have the density of a lead slab? That's the best thing about home-made battenberg, it has real gravitas.....

The sponge was light and the jam moist but the marzipan certainly had a substantial heft that you do not find in the commercial product. It was immensely satisfying, although perhaps it was not suitable for lightweight participants in other confections, this was a serious cake. My compliments to the baker were copious and that may have won me the extra slice.

Had an excellent slice of homemade Battenberg for just two quid earlier on 19:23 - Sep 8 with 618 viewsEwan_Oozami

Had an excellent slice of homemade Battenberg for just two quid earlier on 19:10 - Sep 8 by WeWereZombies

The sponge was light and the jam moist but the marzipan certainly had a substantial heft that you do not find in the commercial product. It was immensely satisfying, although perhaps it was not suitable for lightweight participants in other confections, this was a serious cake. My compliments to the baker were copious and that may have won me the extra slice.

Top work Zombers, quality home-made battenberg should always be appropriately commended!

I hope a cup of English breakfast tea was consumed alongside the marzipan marvel?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Had an excellent slice of homemade Battenberg for just two quid earlier on 19:48 - Sep 8 with 588 viewsKropotkin123

Hmmm, your partner changes you £2 for a slice of Battenberg.

Might start charging my wife for slices of Banana Bread, when I make it.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2021 19:48]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Had an excellent slice of homemade Battenberg for just two quid earlier on 20:37 - Sep 8 with 531 viewsJ2BLUE

The first was poisoned.

Then you gushed so much and they felt sorry for you so offered you a second slice with the antidote.

Frankly, they should have been more ruthless.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Had an excellent slice of homemade Battenberg for just two quid earlier on 21:18 - Sep 8 with 491 viewsWeWereZombies

Had an excellent slice of homemade Battenberg for just two quid earlier on 19:48 - Sep 8 by Kropotkin123

Hmmm, your partner changes you £2 for a slice of Battenberg.

Might start charging my wife for slices of Banana Bread, when I make it.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2021 19:48]

Not my partner, someone else's wife...

But I do have an ex-lover who still, occasionally, makes me banana bread.

Had an excellent slice of homemade Battenberg for just two quid earlier on 12:01 - Sep 9 with 402 viewsWeWereZombies

Had an excellent slice of homemade Battenberg for just two quid earlier on 19:23 - Sep 8 by Ewan_Oozami

Top work Zombers, quality home-made battenberg should always be appropriately commended!

I hope a cup of English breakfast tea was consumed alongside the marzipan marvel?

I did indeed have tea at the same time but didn't enquire about the provenance of the tea bag, I thought that I had been forward enough in requesting a pot with a single teabag so that the first cup is a touch on the weak side thereby cultivating an appreciation of the second fuller strength cup half an hour later, although I left it longer than that and the second cup was strong but heading towards lukewarm.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024