Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cook: I Have Never, Ever Wanted to Disrespect Any Footballer 11:35 - Sep 24 with 1536 viewsNewsTWTD

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/41092/cook-i-have-never-ever-wanted-to-d

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Cook: I Have Never, Ever Wanted to Disrespect Any Footballer on 11:47 - Sep 24 with 1478 viewsnshearman1

The problem is, Paul, that Bishop, Chambers and Downes have all alluded to pretty disrespectful treatment from you. There’s a pattern there. Maybe you didn’t like their attitude but any manager in any field of work will tell you there are decent ways of delivering bad news.
Cook: I Have Never, Ever Wanted to Disrespect Any Footballer on 12:56 - Sep 24 with 1373 viewsEly_Blue

Cook: I Have Never, Ever Wanted to Disrespect Any Footballer on 11:47 - Sep 24 by nshearman1

The problem is, Paul, that Bishop, Chambers and Downes have all alluded to pretty disrespectful treatment from you. There’s a pattern there. Maybe you didn’t like their attitude but any manager in any field of work will tell you there are decent ways of delivering bad news.

Maybe their attitude towards him by the way they stopped trying was disrespectful to PC?
Ever looked at it that way for a change

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Cook: I Have Never, Ever Wanted to Disrespect Any Footballer on 13:48 - Sep 24 with 1290 viewsChurchman

Whether or not Cook and the club has covered themselves in glory in how they outed players, I think it has to be borne in mind that I don’t know of anybody in any walk or life that’s been shown the door and liked it. It’s a rubbish thing to have to do and not easy. It’s also a rubbish thing to have happen to oneself, as I’m sure many on here will know.

Whatever the rights and wrongs, I’m just glad that chapter is over and hope it’s never repeated. I don’t have a problem with the majority of decisions that were made, but it’s a shame it came to that and mistakes were certainly made in how it was done.

I never like this demolition man thing, publicly hammering the payers (they deserved it but he shouldn’t have done it) before the changes were made, or the ‘bomb squad’ idea. Painting yourself into a corner is sort of unnecessary for me.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2021 19:19]
Cook: I Have Never, Ever Wanted to Disrespect Any Footballer on 14:49 - Sep 24 with 1218 viewsmarkchips

Cook: I Have Never, Ever Wanted to Disrespect Any Footballer on 13:48 - Sep 24 by Churchman

Whether or not Cook and the club has covered themselves in glory in how they outed players, I think it has to be borne in mind that I don’t know of anybody in any walk or life that’s been shown the door and liked it. It’s a rubbish thing to have to do and not easy. It’s also a rubbish thing to have happen to oneself, as I’m sure many on here will know.

Whatever the rights and wrongs, I’m just glad that chapter is over and hope it’s never repeated. I don’t have a problem with the majority of decisions that were made, but it’s a shame it came to that and mistakes were certainly made in how it was done.

I never like this demolition man thing, publicly hammering the payers (they deserved it but he shouldn’t have done it) before the changes were made, or the ‘bomb squad’ idea. Painting yourself into a corner is sort of unnecessary for me.

Maybe the way some of it was handled was not as pleasant as it may have been . What is in no doubt was that the clear out was needed and got done and more will follow as I can't see the likes of kenlock and Jackson being here beyond January.

Norwood may have a chance but he is going to have to brush up on his IT etiquette.

To have sold or released the numbers Ipswich have done was no easy task which is reflected in the sub optimal performance of the players departed even at a lower level. Some of them have hardly played for their new clubs.
Cook: I Have Never, Ever Wanted to Disrespect Any Footballer on 15:14 - Sep 24 with 1163 viewsCBMTOBWMMBG

Cook: I Have Never, Ever Wanted to Disrespect Any Footballer on 14:49 - Sep 24 by markchips

Maybe the way some of it was handled was not as pleasant as it may have been . What is in no doubt was that the clear out was needed and got done and more will follow as I can't see the likes of kenlock and Jackson being here beyond January.

Norwood may have a chance but he is going to have to brush up on his IT etiquette.

To have sold or released the numbers Ipswich have done was no easy task which is reflected in the sub optimal performance of the players departed even at a lower level. Some of them have hardly played for their new clubs.

Many of the players we’ve bought have hardly played for us either…!
Cook: I Have Never, Ever Wanted to Disrespect Any Footballer on 15:19 - Sep 24 with 1148 viewsitfcjoe

Cook: I Have Never, Ever Wanted to Disrespect Any Footballer on 13:48 - Sep 24 by Churchman

Yep, things could and should have been handled better - ultimately decisions need to be ruthless, not the manner in how they were communicated.

With all that went on in the summer, we were going to get some things wrong (i.e. how Jacobs was handled, how players were told of release etc) but think the powers that be almost need a free pass in that......if it happens next summer and the one after then it's not a good thing, hopefully it doesn't

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Cook: I Have Never, Ever Wanted to Disrespect Any Footballer on 15:38 - Sep 24 with 1102 viewsVic

Cook: I Have Never, Ever Wanted to Disrespect Any Footballer on 11:47 - Sep 24 by nshearman1

By his own admission Bish knew his future lay elsewhere a couple of months before it was finalised. Not sure he can have too many complaints.

Not sure it was the same with Chambers and Skuse, and maybe some of the others. From what I’ve heard (on here and from interviews with players) the whole release of the players wasn’t done in a way I personally would have done it. But hey ho, time to move on - but for me PC gained no brownie points from me in all this.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Cook: I Have Never, Ever Wanted to Disrespect Any Footballer on 17:34 - Sep 24 with 977 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Cook: I Have Never, Ever Wanted to Disrespect Any Footballer on 15:14 - Sep 24 by CBMTOBWMMBG

Many of the players we’ve bought have hardly played for us either…!

Yes let's compare a sample size of 6 to a sample size of 120 odd (more for certain individuals).

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Login to get fewer ads

Cook: I Have Never, Ever Wanted to Disrespect Any Footballer on 20:05 - Sep 24 with 793 viewsCBMTOBWMMBG

Cook: I Have Never, Ever Wanted to Disrespect Any Footballer on 17:34 - Sep 24 by BlueandTruesince82

Yes let's compare a sample size of 6 to a sample size of 120 odd (more for certain individuals).

Sorry, I don’t understand?

We’ve roughly let go the same amount we signed…. What do you mean by 120?
Cook: I Have Never, Ever Wanted to Disrespect Any Footballer on 20:21 - Sep 24 with 765 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Cook: I Have Never, Ever Wanted to Disrespect Any Footballer on 20:05 - Sep 24 by CBMTOBWMMBG

Sorry, I don’t understand?

We’ve roughly let go the same amount we signed…. What do you mean by 120?

Your judging the the current crop on 6 games (8 if you count the pizza cup)

The pervious lot working on an average of 40 games a season had under performed on a consistent basis for at least 3 (and let's be honest that's being generous) season so x 40 games a season 120 games.

And for the odd stalwart definitely a few more than that.

Cook: I Have Never, Ever Wanted to Disrespect Any Footballer on 20:41 - Sep 24 with 750 viewsCBMTOBWMMBG

Cook: I Have Never, Ever Wanted to Disrespect Any Footballer on 20:21 - Sep 24 by BlueandTruesince82

Your judging the the current crop on 6 games (8 if you count the pizza cup)

The pervious lot working on an average of 40 games a season had under performed on a consistent basis for at least 3 (and let's be honest that's being generous) season so x 40 games a season 120 games.

And for the odd stalwart definitely a few more than that.

Ah, thanks. I’d thought a different point was being made.

I thought the writer was talking only about this season: saying that those players we’ve let go are not playing well for their new clubs, even at a lower level, or haven’t been selected at all indicating they’re not really rated by their new clubs.

I was suggesting it’s a bit early to compare them this season with our new players as they’ve barely played for us yet - either in minutes played or (more pertinently) quality of performance so far. Early days though.

Totally agree in terms of previous players over recent years. Utter dross in the main.
Cook: I Have Never, Ever Wanted to Disrespect Any Footballer on 20:51 - Sep 24 with 733 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Cook: I Have Never, Ever Wanted to Disrespect Any Footballer on 20:41 - Sep 24 by CBMTOBWMMBG

Ah, thanks. I’d thought a different point was being made.

I thought the writer was talking only about this season: saying that those players we’ve let go are not playing well for their new clubs, even at a lower level, or haven’t been selected at all indicating they’re not really rated by their new clubs.

I was suggesting it’s a bit early to compare them this season with our new players as they’ve barely played for us yet - either in minutes played or (more pertinently) quality of performance so far. Early days though.

Totally agree in terms of previous players over recent years. Utter dross in the main.

TBF they maybe were, and I'd agree it's too early to judge those we have let go in their new environments.

Note Dozzel is on the bench again for QPR tonight.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024