Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's not just "manual" trades suffering from staff shortages....... 09:42 - Sep 30 with 625 viewsghostofescobar

https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN2GP2JN?utm_source=slipcase&utm_medium

Good ol' Brexit.

GhostOfEscobar

It's not just "manual" trades suffering from staff shortages....... on 10:18 - Sep 30 with 550 viewsCotty

Turns out immigration was fairly essential for our economy and public services. Whodda thunk it?
It's not just "manual" trades suffering from staff shortages....... on 10:19 - Sep 30 with 541 viewsBlueBadger

It's not just "manual" trades suffering from staff shortages....... on 10:18 - Sep 30 by Cotty

Turns out immigration was fairly essential for our economy and public services. Whodda thunk it?

If only there'd been some experts to tell us about this entirely unforeseen consequence.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

It's not just "manual" trades suffering from staff shortages....... on 10:20 - Sep 30 with 532 viewsCotty

It's not just "manual" trades suffering from staff shortages....... on 10:19 - Sep 30 by BlueBadger

If only there'd been some experts to tell us about this entirely unforeseen consequence.

I blame the EU for punishing us by no longer giving us the benefits of the club we just stormed out of in a hissy fit
It's not just "manual" trades suffering from staff shortages....... on 10:28 - Sep 30 with 491 viewschicoazul

Some people definitely voted Brexit because of borderline or openly racist immigration reasons.
I’m sure others also voted for Brexit *precisely because* that would mean we could issue visas to any form of worker our elected government see as required rather than having a de facto open border. Yes Brexit was dumb; yes issuing visas in areas of need is smart.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

It's not just "manual" trades suffering from staff shortages....... on 10:31 - Sep 30 with 477 viewsCotty

It's not just "manual" trades suffering from staff shortages....... on 10:28 - Sep 30 by chicoazul

Some people definitely voted Brexit because of borderline or openly racist immigration reasons.
I’m sure others also voted for Brexit *precisely because* that would mean we could issue visas to any form of worker our elected government see as required rather than having a de facto open border. Yes Brexit was dumb; yes issuing visas in areas of need is smart.

Painfully slow, insufficient and unreactive red tape is smart? *face palm*
It's not just "manual" trades suffering from staff shortages....... on 10:33 - Sep 30 with 476 viewsNthQldITFC

'Manual', 'short staff', 'trade'

"Fnar, Fnar, Yurkk!"

Edit: I'm amazed no-one ever tells me to piss off!
[Post edited 30 Sep 2021 10:40]

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

It's not just "manual" trades suffering from staff shortages....... on 10:36 - Sep 30 with 455 viewschicoazul

It's not just "manual" trades suffering from staff shortages....... on 10:31 - Sep 30 by Cotty

Painfully slow, insufficient and unreactive red tape is smart? *face palm*

Issuing visas in areas of need is smart. They don’t need to be inefficient although I’m sure they will be in almost every area apart from finance.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

It's not just "manual" trades suffering from staff shortages....... on 10:38 - Sep 30 with 452 viewsCotty

It's not just "manual" trades suffering from staff shortages....... on 10:36 - Sep 30 by chicoazul

Issuing visas in areas of need is smart. They don’t need to be inefficient although I’m sure they will be in almost every area apart from finance.

It's a symptom of the system being broken. There's nothing smart about it.
Login to get fewer ads

It's not just "manual" trades suffering from staff shortages....... on 10:42 - Sep 30 with 435 viewschicoazul

It's not just "manual" trades suffering from staff shortages....... on 10:38 - Sep 30 by Cotty

It's a symptom of the system being broken. There's nothing smart about it.

If the system is broken then this is an attempt to fix it. What’s the alternative, leave things as they are? Fwiw I think the Maximum Leader had it right as I believe his policy was to stay in the customs Union and retain FOM.

It's not just "manual" trades suffering from staff shortages....... on 10:44 - Sep 30 with 432 viewsCotty

It's not just "manual" trades suffering from staff shortages....... on 10:42 - Sep 30 by chicoazul

If the system is broken then this is an attempt to fix it. What’s the alternative, leave things as they are? Fwiw I think the Maximum Leader had it right as I believe his policy was to stay in the customs Union and retain FOM.

It's a necessary step, necessary things are not smart. They are an indication that you effed up somewhere else down the line.

I didn't say that they shouldn't do it. In fact, quite the opposite, they should go much much further.
It's not just "manual" trades suffering from staff shortages....... on 11:01 - Sep 30 with 408 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

It's not just "manual" trades suffering from staff shortages....... on 10:33 - Sep 30 by NthQldITFC

'Manual', 'short staff', 'trade'

"Fnar, Fnar, Yurkk!"

Edit: I'm amazed no-one ever tells me to piss off!
[Post edited 30 Sep 2021 10:40]

Oh just f ....

No, just can't bring myself to do it.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024