Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Poor performance against oldham 08:59 - Nov 8 with 768 viewsItfcforme

The first 20minutes Oldham should have been finished off but we're allowed to gain confidence and could have won the game
There are still major problems in midfield where the ball is not being won back
The substitutes was again strange the game needed another striker against a Oldham keeper who was struggling with shots and crosses and there needs to be close look at Edwards who is quality going forward but can't get back to defend and what Penney brings to the game besides passing backwards
I for one have read too much into Saturday - players and fans just weren’t upâ on 09:55 - Nov 8 with 686 viewsunstableblue

…. For the cup.

Or certainly round 1 against Oldham

Players thought it was a walk over, and first 15mins felt like it, and they dialled down the energy and bite as Oldham dialled there’s up

Similarly fans thought it was in the bank and failed to back/sing/make any noise to react to early town play

Is it a major issue? Let’s see where we are at 5pm Saturday

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Poor performance against oldham on 13:13 - Nov 8 with 589 viewsHighgateBlue

I don't think "another striker" is something that computes with Cook.

A depressing result, to be honest. I guess if we're gonna draw a match we should win, i'd rather it be in the Cup, but the match and the result puts real question marks against the idea that we are now going to be consistently good enough in League 1 to make the playoffs or beyond...
Poor performance against oldham on 13:18 - Nov 8 with 573 viewstractorboy1978

Poor performance against oldham on 13:13 - Nov 8 by HighgateBlue

I don't think "another striker" is something that computes with Cook.

A depressing result, to be honest. I guess if we're gonna draw a match we should win, i'd rather it be in the Cup, but the match and the result puts real question marks against the idea that we are now going to be consistently good enough in League 1 to make the playoffs or beyond...

If that was a league game we would have played with far more intensity. I'm not saying it is right but it was flat in every regard on Saturday including the atmosphere from the stands.
I for one have read too much into Saturday - players and fans just weren’t upï on 13:23 - Nov 8 with 561 viewsChocorange

I for one have read too much into Saturday - players and fans just weren’t upâ on 09:55 - Nov 8 by unstableblue

…. For the cup.

Or certainly round 1 against Oldham

Players thought it was a walk over, and first 15mins felt like it, and they dialled down the energy and bite as Oldham dialled there’s up

Similarly fans thought it was in the bank and failed to back/sing/make any noise to react to early town play

Is it a major issue? Let’s see where we are at 5pm Saturday

Sums up my views 100%
Poor performance against oldham on 13:39 - Nov 8 with 523 viewstimothyeo

At least it was in the cup so hasn't cost us even more unnecessary points under PC
Poor performance against oldham on 17:43 - Nov 8 with 378 viewsHighgateBlue

Poor performance against oldham on 13:18 - Nov 8 by tractorboy1978

If that was a league game we would have played with far more intensity. I'm not saying it is right but it was flat in every regard on Saturday including the atmosphere from the stands.

A cup game against a side you know will be up for it surely demands intensity? If the players weren't up for it and were saving themselves for the league then we would have been better off making wholesale changes and should do so for the replay. The atmosphere may well not have been as fired up as it sometimes is, and there are arguments as to whether it's the manger's fault or the players' fault, but I'm not gonna blame the fans. It's a miracle there were /any/ fans given how atrocious we've been in the Cup for the last decade and a half.
Poor performance against oldham on 18:29 - Nov 8 with 339 viewsrgp1

Poor performance against oldham on 13:18 - Nov 8 by tractorboy1978

It's up to the players to lift the fans not the other way round. From what I saw Saturday it looked like after we scored that a number of players just couldn't be arsed with it! And yes while we cannot blame the manager for that he mentions inconsistency. The question is if this doesn't improve will some get thrown under the bus before the transfer window?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024