Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Statement home win 11:07 - Nov 22 with 1185 viewsGarv

We're due one.

We've had away equivalents at Pompey and Wycombe. We've haven't managed to get three points in a 'big game' at home yet - MK Dons, Wednesday and Oxford all draws.

Time to change the narrative but are we better suited to playing away?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Statement home win on 11:26 - Nov 22 with 1134 viewsIllinoisblue

It is indeed very much needed. Not convinced we’ll get it, though. The balance of the team still seems off, the goals have dried up, and we still seem to be less than the sum of our parts. I think this is going to be a frustrating season right until the end.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Statement home win on 11:35 - Nov 22 with 1112 viewsStokieBlue

Statement wins are pointless. We have apparently had two but it doesn't seem like any of the other teams have taken notice of our statements.

I'd prefer we just won consistently in an efficient and hopefully entertaining manner.

Stuff the statement wins.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Statement home win on 12:19 - Nov 22 with 1031 viewsHighgateBlue

As long as the statement being made is "this is not just a flash in the pan", then I am all for such a statement win.
Statement home win on 12:22 - Nov 22 with 1028 viewsHerbivore

We've lost 5 out of 9 away from home so if we're better say than at home that is really troubling.

I don't think we need a statement win as such, as others have said we just need to string some results together. Giving someone an eye catching thumping is all well and good, but when it's followed up with a few mediocre displays it doesn't mean an awful lot. We need a win tomorrow whatever it looks like, I'd take a spawny 1-0 at this point.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Statement home win on 12:24 - Nov 22 with 1009 viewssuffolkpoker

Every game is a big game and the best there is 3 points.

We don’t need a statement we just have to get the job done.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Statement home win on 14:58 - Nov 22 with 934 viewsGarv

Statement home win on 12:22 - Nov 22 by Herbivore

We've lost 5 out of 9 away from home so if we're better say than at home that is really troubling.

I don't think we need a statement win as such, as others have said we just need to string some results together. Giving someone an eye catching thumping is all well and good, but when it's followed up with a few mediocre displays it doesn't mean an awful lot. We need a win tomorrow whatever it looks like, I'd take a spawny 1-0 at this point.

I didn't intend 'statement' to mean a thrashing. The statement in my scenario would be that we have been able to beat a top team at home, whether 1-0 or 6-0.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Statement home win on 15:02 - Nov 22 with 905 viewsOsborneOneNil

Statement home win on 14:58 - Nov 22 by Garv

I didn't intend 'statement' to mean a thrashing. The statement in my scenario would be that we have been able to beat a top team at home, whether 1-0 or 6-0.

A win then. Yes, agreed.
Statement home win on 15:43 - Nov 22 with 865 viewspositivity

Statement home win on 14:58 - Nov 22 by Garv

1-0 might even be better than 6-0. the statement wins are noticed and the following opposition are always more on their mettle!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Login to get fewer ads

Statement home win on 16:33 - Nov 22 with 833 viewsrgp1

The facts don't lie as renegade statman said the other day. 21 home games with 21000+ crowds since McCarthy left and a record of P21 W0 D7 L14 says it all! Here's hoping for a crowd of 20999!
Statement home win on 16:38 - Nov 22 with 818 viewsnodge_blue

Statement home win on 11:35 - Nov 22 by StokieBlue

Statement wins are pointless. We have apparently had two but it doesn't seem like any of the other teams have taken notice of our statements.

I'd prefer we just won consistently in an efficient and hopefully entertaining manner.

Stuff the statement wins.

SB

Im sure we would get 3.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Statement home win on 17:32 - Nov 22 with 753 viewsstrikalite

We said after beating Donny six nil it'd be a statement, but that's rubbish really, everyone in this league knows that any team can turn over any other team on their day....Fleetwood made a statement going to Rotherham and winning 4-2...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024