Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This two up front argument… 22:03 - Nov 23 with 570 viewsbrazil1981

Under Lambert we were consistently chopping and changing formations, the players didn’t know a system and we didn’t have an ‘identity’! Cook has his favourite way of playing, he’s been successful with it previously and will stick to it. Eventually he’ll live or die by it but we need to give him to this time next year at least! Not sure 2 up front would have made a difference tonight, he tried towards the end but I think it’s more that our forward players are looking very out of form!

Rotherham manager has been in the job 4/5 years and has a very rigid way of playing, his players know it inside out but it takes time, a season at least, not 20 matches!

That’s my view anyway!
This two up front argument… on 22:06 - Nov 23 with 522 viewsDanTheMan

I agree, you can play the same formation in completely different ways.

I think a lot of people reach for 4-4-2 as if it's magic but I think the main thing is how those players play where they are.

Can't comment on tonight as didn't see but I can't imagine playing Celina, Fraser and Chaplin worked all that well.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

This two up front argument… on 22:13 - Nov 23 with 453 viewsHighgateBlue

Mick Mills captained England at a World Cup, and he thinks that when your system is not working you have to be able to change it. I humbly agree.

I don't think 442 is a magic bullet, or sacred, or the only way to play. I don't even think that Cook must start with it against any team. But when we're 2-0 down and we have a 20 goal striker on the bench with 18 minutes left, it's too late. The clock was ticking down, as it is for Cook. He's taken us markedly backwards from Lambert's less expensive squad. He can't use binning the whole squad as an excuse - that was HIS choice, not something that unfortunately happened to him. He has to go.
This two up front argument… on 22:18 - Nov 23 with 424 viewschrismakin

This two up front argument… on 22:06 - Nov 23 by DanTheMan

I agree, you can play the same formation in completely different ways.

I think a lot of people reach for 4-4-2 as if it's magic but I think the main thing is how those players play where they are.

Can't comment on tonight as didn't see but I can't imagine playing Celina, Fraser and Chaplin worked all that well.

Imagine hungry hippos Dan and now picture those 3 when the ball is put in the air... and then we sat and wandered why we had no width. No shape and 0 players available when we got the ball.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

This two up front argument… on 22:24 - Nov 23 with 384 viewsSwansea_Blue

I still don't see how we're trying to play under Cook. We may line up under a notional formation, but don't have a distinctive style or way of playing as far as I can see. Forget 4231, that isn't a way of playing. (Caveat - I'm normally watching on TV, so don't get to see the wider movement).

We try to get ball forward more quickly than we did under Lambert, although struggle to do that against a well drilled unit like tonight. But other than that I'm just seeing a group of players trying to work out how to make something happen. To be honest, it looked like the only game plan tonight was to give it to Celina and see if he can do something. There wasn't a distinctive or clear style there.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This two up front argument… on 22:25 - Nov 23 with 381 viewsLeoMuff

This two up front argument… on 22:13 - Nov 23 by HighgateBlue

Mick Mills captained England at a World Cup, and he thinks that when your system is not working you have to be able to change it. I humbly agree.

I don't think 442 is a magic bullet, or sacred, or the only way to play. I don't even think that Cook must start with it against any team. But when we're 2-0 down and we have a 20 goal striker on the bench with 18 minutes left, it's too late. The clock was ticking down, as it is for Cook. He's taken us markedly backwards from Lambert's less expensive squad. He can't use binning the whole squad as an excuse - that was HIS choice, not something that unfortunately happened to him. He has to go.

We have the players for a decent 352, but it’s not going to happen…

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024