Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have we gelled yet then? 21:57 - Nov 23 with 843 viewsSteve_M

I’m bored of the continued failure from Cook, total underachievement since he’s been here despite having his pick of players for the division. That after hiding behind players last season.

Ridiculous team selection, that three behind Bonne didn’t have the physicality today and the combination just didn’t work.

This season is turning into a fourth successive one of failure. It’s not good enough.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2021 22:07]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Have we gelled get then? on 22:00 - Nov 23 with 798 viewsN2_Blue

yes we've gelled. Gelled into a side lacking ideas and with no other plan.

It happened under Lambert and its happening under Cook. We become really easy to play against because the opposition manager knows exactly the way we will play whatever the personnel.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Have we gelled get then? on 22:00 - Nov 23 with 796 viewsJ2BLUE

The one formation thing is very odd.

His subs and team selection remind me or when I played football manager. Pretty much at random and hoping.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Have we gelled get then? on 22:01 - Nov 23 with 772 viewsRobTheMonk

Gelled into some Brycream which someone has spunked into.
Have we gelled get then? on 22:02 - Nov 23 with 749 viewsjeera

I never want to see or hear that word again.

I thought it was maybe just here it got overused but I bumped into an avid Town fan I know a couple of weeks ago and it was one of the first things he said.

"We're still gelling".

I think the thing that makes all this more difficult is that most of us generally like Paul Cook. He seems a good enough guy and I know I have, for one, been desperately willing him on to do well.

Not enough though is it.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Have we gelled get then? on 22:03 - Nov 23 with 733 viewschrismakin

Tbf he's done a cracking job in training our players to be worse than they were last season. That's a talent.

Fraser.. how on earth did he get those stats.
Chaplin... 30 odd champ appearances.
Morsy. Championship rock in midfield.

What are we doing with them

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Have we gelled get then? on 22:04 - Nov 23 with 721 viewsStadiumofdark

He sets us up wrong..... then just seems to watch the game unfold without being able to adjust to impact it. Looks like the players haven't got any confidence in how he sets us up.

Useless
Have we gelled get then? on 22:05 - Nov 23 with 698 viewsBlueBadger

Have we gelled get then? on 22:02 - Nov 23 by jeera

I never want to see or hear that word again.

I thought it was maybe just here it got overused but I bumped into an avid Town fan I know a couple of weeks ago and it was one of the first things he said.

"We're still gelling".

I think the thing that makes all this more difficult is that most of us generally like Paul Cook. He seems a good enough guy and I know I have, for one, been desperately willing him on to do well.

Not enough though is it.

It is a weird one isn't it. Numbers wise, he's even worse than Lambert but somehow doesn't seem WORSE because we occasionally bust out some stirring wins and he appears vaguely competent rather than a shambolic chancer.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Have we gelled get then? on 22:05 - Nov 23 with 678 viewsSwansea_Blue

Have we gelled get then? on 22:00 - Nov 23 by J2BLUE

The one formation thing is very odd.

His subs and team selection remind me or when I played football manager. Pretty much at random and hoping.

A lot of managers stick to one formation., so I really don't' see that as an issue. It's not making it work that's the problem. We've had managers over the last decade that have played around with different formations, but no formation will hide a poor team.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Have we gelled get then? on 22:06 - Nov 23 with 675 viewsCoastalblue

He's got at least two seasons to get us up apparently so there's no great rush to get anything right just yet.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Have we gelled get then? on 22:06 - Nov 23 with 673 viewsRadlett_blue

Have we gelled get then? on 22:03 - Nov 23 by chrismakin

Tbf he's done a cracking job in training our players to be worse than they were last season. That's a talent.

Fraser.. how on earth did he get those stats.
Chaplin... 30 odd champ appearances.
Morsy. Championship rock in midfield.

What are we doing with them

Cook also managed to make last season's squad play far worse than under Lambert.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Have we gelled get then? on 22:13 - Nov 23 with 556 viewsjeera

Have we gelled get then? on 22:05 - Nov 23 by BlueBadger

It is a weird one isn't it. Numbers wise, he's even worse than Lambert but somehow doesn't seem WORSE because we occasionally bust out some stirring wins and he appears vaguely competent rather than a shambolic chancer.

I'm in the camp of us having some decent players yet I know not everyone agrees.

As individuals they're capable of pulling a display out the bag but as soon as we're faced with an organised side we lack direction.

That can only come from one place unfortunately.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Have we gelled get then? on 22:16 - Nov 23 with 506 viewsCoastalblue

Have we gelled get then? on 22:13 - Nov 23 by jeera

I'm in the camp of us having some decent players yet I know not everyone agrees.

As individuals they're capable of pulling a display out the bag but as soon as we're faced with an organised side we lack direction.

Totally agree, and I was one of those questioning the 'best squad in the league' under shambert, but I do think this squad should be top 6 minimum.

Feck, I think I could get them top 15.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Have we gelled get then? on 22:18 - Nov 23 with 451 viewsBlueBadger

Have we gelled get then? on 22:13 - Nov 23 by jeera

This is basically where I am.

It's that or Paul Cook is TERRIBLY unlucky to have inherited one set of gutless layabouts and then gone and bought another 19 of them.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Have we gelled yet then? on 22:19 - Nov 23 with 437 viewsElderGrizzly

His coaching appointments must be questioned. Why would anyone with our budget, go with such inexperience, unless you purposefully don’t want challenge as a manager?

Everything else I agree with.

4 points from last 15, all in theory vs our competitors for promotion. Playoffs could be 16pts away when all teams have played games in hand.

We’re closer to relegation zone tonight.

Yet. We’ll beat 24th placed Crewe and all will be well again for some.

I saw a stat tonight. Our three home wins come against the current 21st, 22nd and 23rd placed teams. Poor…
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024