Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kundai Benyu ... 12:20 - Jan 10 with 873 viewsSomethingBlue

... is starting for Zimbabwe against Senegal at AFCON shortly, it's on Sky if anyone interested. Last spotted playing in the Icelandic second division.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Kundai Benyu ... on 12:27 - Jan 10 with 806 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Wow, his career has fallen off a cliff.

I guess its hard to turn down a big club when the show interest, but not always the best option for the long term.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Kundai Benyu ... on 12:30 - Jan 10 with 756 viewsgtsb1966

Kundai Benyu ... on 12:27 - Jan 10 by Marshalls_Mullet

I guess its hard to turn down a big club when the show interest, but not always the best option for the long term.

As Charlie Brown and Ben Knight are finding out.
Kundai Benyu ... on 12:44 - Jan 10 with 652 viewshomer_123

Kundai Benyu ... on 12:27 - Jan 10 by Marshalls_Mullet

That said, staying with Town has not really proven to be any more effective for players has it.

I think the likes of Benyu, Brown et al are, maybe, not quite good enough as much as anything.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Kundai Benyu ... on 13:15 - Jan 10 with 531 viewsvilanovablue

Kundai Benyu ... on 12:30 - Jan 10 by gtsb1966

As Charlie Brown and Ben Knight are finding out.

I think Ben Knight is doing just fine and doing OK so far. He was never going to progress rapidly at City.
Kundai Benyu ... on 13:18 - Jan 10 with 516 viewsjayessess

Kundai Benyu ... on 12:44 - Jan 10 by homer_123

That said, staying with Town has not really proven to be any more effective for players has it.

I think the likes of Benyu, Brown et al are, maybe, not quite good enough as much as anything.

Yeah, 9 times out 10 when a big club pays us a fee for a 15-year-old they're actually doing us a favour, because most of them ultimately won't make it there and wouldn't have made it here either. Since EPP came in we're yet to lose a player and then seen them go on to be elite-level.

For the players involved it's far better not to make it at Chelsea's and Man City's academy than ours. Not only will you have made more money in your abortive career, you'll also get multiple additional opportunities to succeed lower down the pyramid.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024