Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Walton Loan... x 2 17:06 - Jan 13 with 748 viewschrismakin

KM mentions we are looking to keep Walton until the end of season. Do you think the recall is to allow a new loan deal to be drawn up to increase the % we are paying?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Walton Loan... x 2 on 17:10 - Jan 13 with 710 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

They could just want a decent loan fee from us?

Its a money grab from Brighton (which is fair enough). The issue we have is that more than likely we will be in League 1 next season, and Walton is likely to want to be playing at Championship level. So he's unlikely to commit long term at present.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Walton Loan... x 2 on 17:13 - Jan 13 with 685 viewsBiGDonnie

Nope. He'll be signed permanently tomorrow.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Walton Loan... x 2 on 17:17 - Jan 13 with 664 viewsjayessess

Walton Loan... x 2 on 17:10 - Jan 13 by Marshalls_Mullet

They could just want a decent loan fee from us?

Its a money grab from Brighton (which is fair enough). The issue we have is that more than likely we will be in League 1 next season, and Walton is likely to want to be playing at Championship level. So he's unlikely to commit long term at present.

Wouldn't have thought it's that cut and dried.

We can offer a long contract, wages as good as many Championship clubs, security and number one status. There are a lot of things that can wrong in a football career and all of that will go a long way if he's happy here.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2022 17:18]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Walton Loan... x 2 on 18:32 - Jan 13 with 525 viewsghostofescobar

I thought that was significant that KM said "the club are working hard to see if there’s anything that they can do to keep him to the end of the season". So potentially a loan extension? Maybe something tied in with us going up? But what do I know. Stop judging me.

GhostOfEscobar

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024