Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any cricket fans going out to the West Indies for the test matches 22:13 - Jan 26 with 1514 viewsSuttonColdfieldBlue

Going to the third test at Grenada, if anyone wants to meet up for a few beers or if anyone has be before and can recommend any good places please let me know.
Any cricket fans going out to the West Indies for the test matches on 23:01 - Jan 26 with 1436 viewshatch

Couldn’t afford it this year sadly but had a brilliant time there for the ODIs last time out in 2019 when Buttler hit 150.

Umbrellas bar is on Grand Anse Beach and seems to be the place to go for cricket fans (and players). The players were in the Radisson a few doors down last time. We stayed in the Coyaba in between which was decent enough.

Another good bar was the West Indies Beer Company which has a brewery on site and a good vibe. Think there were a few other places around there as it is a uni area with US students.

We also did a private taxi tour of the island which was great to see the rum distilleries, wildlife, viewpoints etc.

Didn’t have enough time to explore much beyond the centre of the island as we spent the bulk of the trip in St Lucia but Grenada was really beautiful and not so typically touristy, seemed quite authentically Caribbean.
Any cricket fans going out to the West Indies for the test matches on 23:03 - Jan 26 with 1439 viewshatch

I’ve still got the private taxi tour guy’s number by the way if you want it. He still tried to send us chocolate rum over when his family visit the UK.
Any cricket fans going out to the West Indies for the test matches on 11:48 - Jan 27 with 1225 viewsSuttonColdfieldBlue

Thanks for that pal. I’ll keep an eye out for these place.
Any cricket fans going out to the West Indies for the test matches on 12:48 - Jan 27 with 1190 viewsSharkey

"No, she went of her own accord."
Any cricket fans going out to the West Indies for the test matches on 14:58 - Jan 27 with 1125 viewsSuttonColdfieldBlue

Any cricket fans going out to the West Indies for the test matches on 12:48 - Jan 27 by Sharkey

"No, she went of her own accord."

Sorry. Don’t really understand!
Any cricket fans going out to the West Indies for the test matches on 15:25 - Jan 27 with 1099 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Any cricket fans going out to the West Indies for the test matches on 14:58 - Jan 27 by SuttonColdfieldBlue

Sorry. Don’t really understand!

It's a Peter Kay joke.

"I took my wife on holiday to the West Indies."

"Jamaica?"

"No she went of her own accord!"

Your title question is very similar to the first line of the joke.
Any cricket fans going out to the West Indies for the test matches on 16:45 - Jan 27 with 1056 viewsSharkey

Any cricket fans going out to the West Indies for the test matches on 15:25 - Jan 27 by ArnoldMoorhen

It's a Peter Kay joke.

"I took my wife on holiday to the West Indies."

"Jamaica?"

"No she went of her own accord!"

Your title question is very similar to the first line of the joke.

That joke's a LOT older than Peter Kay, I'll have you know.
Any cricket fans going out to the West Indies for the test matches on 20:32 - Jan 27 with 966 viewsBrightonBlue

Any cricket fans going out to the West Indies for the test matches on 23:01 - Jan 26 by hatch

Couldn’t afford it this year sadly but had a brilliant time there for the ODIs last time out in 2019 when Buttler hit 150.

Umbrellas bar is on Grand Anse Beach and seems to be the place to go for cricket fans (and players). The players were in the Radisson a few doors down last time. We stayed in the Coyaba in between which was decent enough.

Another good bar was the West Indies Beer Company which has a brewery on site and a good vibe. Think there were a few other places around there as it is a uni area with US students.

We also did a private taxi tour of the island which was great to see the rum distilleries, wildlife, viewpoints etc.

Didn’t have enough time to explore much beyond the centre of the island as we spent the bulk of the trip in St Lucia but Grenada was really beautiful and not so typically touristy, seemed quite authentically Caribbean.

Have been a couple of times, its a great little island and as Hatch says its less touristy than some of the other Caribbean Islands.

Umbrellas is a good shout and is one of the larger beach bars along the Grand Anse. Just round the next bay is Morne Rouge Bay and is slightly less busy with some smaller rustic bars like plywood beach bar cafe. Great place to grab a Stag or Westerhall 10XO Rum - with cracking sunsets.

On the south of the island nr the Uni is the Dodgy Dock at True Blue Bay which is generally lively.

If you head inland you can visit some of the former plantations and cocoa/chocolate estates such as Belmont Estate.

Theres also some great little eateries around the Caranage with crab and roti's.
Login to get fewer ads

Any cricket fans going out to the West Indies for the test matches on 21:24 - Jan 27 with 921 viewsJamestownPrince

Have a wonderful time!!!

Funnily enough I am good friends with the old Chairman of Sutton Coldfield CC ... however when I played against them 20 years back I had an awful game, a duck and went for 29 off 1 over. bloke chanced his arm against my slow leg spin.... not a good day !!
Any cricket fans going out to the West Indies for the test matches on 01:37 - Jan 28 with 833 viewseddiespearitt03

Be interested to know your itinerary . are there direct flights ? Are you going on a package jobby ? How much is the total cost for a week would you guess for flights/hotel & match entrance ? Is Grenada expensive ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024