Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone know the current, accurate rate for false neg LFTs please? 12:37 - Feb 12 with 610 viewsRyorry

Ta.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Anyone know the current, accurate rate for false neg LFTs please? on 12:42 - Feb 12 with 598 viewsZx1988

Anecdotal rather than proper evidence, but when I had Covid recently (confirmed by a PCR) it still took another two days for it to start showing on LFTs.

I wouldn't trust them at all.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Anyone know the current, accurate rate for false neg LFTs please? on 12:44 - Feb 12 with 577 viewsRyorry

Anyone know the current, accurate rate for false neg LFTs please? on 12:42 - Feb 12 by Zx1988

Anecdotal rather than proper evidence, but when I had Covid recently (confirmed by a PCR) it still took another two days for it to start showing on LFTs.

Oh! Thanks. Hope you're OK?

Anyone know the current, accurate rate for false neg LFTs please? on 13:04 - Feb 12 with 525 viewsZx1988

Anyone know the current, accurate rate for false neg LFTs please? on 12:44 - Feb 12 by Ryorry

Oh! Thanks. Hope you're OK?

Cheers Ryorry.

All fine now, and it was never anything more than a mild cold thankfully. Had it not been Covid I'd have carried on with work etc., no problem.

It's just disconcerting, though, how much Covid you need in order to trigger an LFT, and how long you can spend going about your business whilst infecting all and sundry.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Anyone know the current, accurate rate for false neg LFTs please? on 13:06 - Feb 12 with 521 viewsWD19

Pretty much nil. If an LFT is showing then you are not only positive, but also contagious.
Anyone know the current, accurate rate for false neg LFTs please? on 13:08 - Feb 12 with 508 viewsSarge

Anyone know the current, accurate rate for false neg LFTs please? on 13:04 - Feb 12 by Zx1988

Cheers Ryorry.

All fine now, and it was never anything more than a mild cold thankfully. Had it not been Covid I'd have carried on with work etc., no problem.

It's just disconcerting, though, how much Covid you need in order to trigger an LFT, and how long you can spend going about your business whilst infecting all and sundry.

I though the general rule was if your viral load isn’t high enough for a LFT to pick it up, it’s probably not high enough for you to be infectious. I may be wrong but that’s what charts such as the one at the bottom of this article seem to imply.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51943612
Anyone know the current, accurate rate for false neg LFTs please? on 13:08 - Feb 12 with 504 viewsRyorry

Anyone know the current, accurate rate for false neg LFTs please? on 13:06 - Feb 12 by WD19

Pretty much nil. If an LFT is showing then you are not only positive, but also contagious.

I asked for false NEG accuracy (which on one unverified site said last month approx 28%); not pos (which I know is v. good at approx 97%).

Anyone know the current, accurate rate for false neg LFTs please? on 13:09 - Feb 12 with 500 viewsHorsham

My daughter has tested positive on LFT last 3 days but has a negative PCR….so something isn’t right!
Anyone know the current, accurate rate for false neg LFTs please? on 13:19 - Feb 12 with 480 viewsBasuco

We had 1 false positive in 900 tests and no false negatives that we know of, it must have been very unlucky for Liverpool FC to have a whole batch of false positives when key players were at the African Nations Cup.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone know the current, accurate rate for false neg LFTs please? on 13:22 - Feb 12 with 468 viewsBasuco

Anyone know the current, accurate rate for false neg LFTs please? on 12:42 - Feb 12 by Zx1988

If you have symptoms PCR are more accurate but if no symptoms LFT are more accurate, they look at different markers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024