Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Such a kick in the teeth yesterday… but the squad needs to keep going and win 12:33 - Mar 20 with 669 viewsunstableblue

… remaining games against the better sides - Plymouth, Rotherham and Wigan

I think that lead and 3 points yesterday could have triggered a play off drive… I can’t see us bridging the gap now. But it’s not fully over.

For me the team needs to keep building its personality, belief and game management for the big encounters ahead of next season. A campaign that needs to be relentless.

The group need to learn and further improve. Let’s make a statement against Plymouth on the Mariner day. Not easy as the dressing room will be gutted after that 94th minute sickener

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Such a kick in the teeth yesterday… but the squad needs to keep going and win on 12:45 - Mar 20 with 638 viewsFrimleyBlue

When you watch the interview of Chaplin. Isn't it nice to actually see a bit of pain from a player when we haven't won a game..

We've heard about it over the years about players not caring about not winning. It's nice to see this is changing.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Such a kick in the teeth yesterday… but the squad needs to keep going and win on 12:50 - Mar 20 with 606 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yeah, I agree that 3 points were needed yesterday. It’s likely 3 points wouldn’t have been enough come the end of the season but it would have reinforced belief.

I think we’re doing all the things you mention in the last 2 paras. Hopefully that will continue. You might expect people easing off if it becomes mathematically impossible to make the top 6, bit until then we should see full focus and effort.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Such a kick in the teeth yesterday… but the squad needs to keep going and win on 12:51 - Mar 20 with 605 viewsunstableblue

Such a kick in the teeth yesterday… but the squad needs to keep going and win on 12:45 - Mar 20 by FrimleyBlue

When you watch the interview of Chaplin. Isn't it nice to actually see a bit of pain from a player when we haven't won a game..

We've heard about it over the years about players not caring about not winning. It's nice to see this is changing.

This really feels like a very strong group that is forming, a proper team, with a proper bond with the fans and club…. It takes seasons sometimes to build it

Edmundson, Burns, Chaplin, Donacien, Walton, Aluko, Wolfenden, feel like good dressing room personalities, combined with the drive and leadership of Morsy

Now they need to keep learning and bonding… getting the personality to see out games, win the big games

Would be disappointing if we continue to draw or even lose against Plymouth, Wigan and Rotherham

Let’s put that marker down

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Such a kick in the teeth yesterday… but the squad needs to keep going and win on 13:17 - Mar 20 with 533 viewsurbanblue

Are we now adopting the McKenna vernacular of 'Group' instead of Squad. We also should maybe now refer to the defence, midfield and attack as 'Units' as well.

I have to say I like it ...
[Post edited 20 Mar 2022 13:19]
Such a kick in the teeth yesterday… but the squad needs to keep going and win on 15:38 - Mar 20 with 395 viewsVic

We probably won’t make it this year, but yesterday and the coming games can really set us up for next season. They can give confidence for us whilst at the same time lay down a psychological marker for those teams when we play them next season. These next 7 game really count.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024