Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
May 9th could be a very significant day in the current Ukraine situation 21:37 - May 1 with 1747 viewsblueasfook

Ben Wallace believes Putin could announce a major escalation in the war.
May 9th is Russian Victory Day when they celebrate defeat over the nazis in WW2.

I shall hope the day passes without event.
Getting sick of Putin now. Wish he would curl up and die.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1603166/Vladimir-Putin-WW3-Victory-Day-Russ

TWTD Veteran
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

May 9th could be a very significant day in the current Ukraine situation on 21:57 - May 1 with 1634 viewsfactual_blue

Don't worry. Sean Connery kills KGB man Putin

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

May 9th could be a very significant day in the current Ukraine situation on 22:36 - May 1 with 1531 viewsJ2BLUE

Seems an odd next step to declare war on NATO when they can't conquer Ukraine.

If he does, then it would seem things are going nuclear and he's completely lost the plot.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

May 9th could be a very significant day in the current Ukraine situation on 06:44 - May 2 with 1277 viewsGuthrum

May 9th could be a very significant day in the current Ukraine situation on 22:36 - May 1 by J2BLUE

Seems an odd next step to declare war on NATO when they can't conquer Ukraine.

If he does, then it would seem things are going nuclear and he's completely lost the plot.

Or he declares that NATO is already at war with Russia, mobilises the whole country, effectively declares martial law, even further tightens his grip on power, makes ferocious nuclear threats - but does not actually attack anyone (other than Ukraine, or maybe Moldova). In other words it's more an internal change than a foreign policy shift. Creating a siege mentality.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

May 9th could be a very significant day in the current Ukraine situation on 08:40 - May 2 with 1094 viewsChurchman

May 9th could be a very significant day in the current Ukraine situation on 06:44 - May 2 by Guthrum

Or he declares that NATO is already at war with Russia, mobilises the whole country, effectively declares martial law, even further tightens his grip on power, makes ferocious nuclear threats - but does not actually attack anyone (other than Ukraine, or maybe Moldova). In other words it's more an internal change than a foreign policy shift. Creating a siege mentality.

I think this is the most likely outcome. They always have a big parade on 9 May, there will be a bombastic statement or two, but I don’t think it’ll go much further than that.

Putin is gaining his territory and from his viewpoint, who cares how many men he loses or how much obsolete junk is destroyed. He’s got plenty. Once he has his slice of Ukraine, which contained most of its industry, I suspect he will leave the rump left alone for easy consumption later. The money is pouring in to Putin’s burgeoning coffers from especially the EU at the moment so that’s not an issue.

The key players Germany, Italy and to a lesser extent France have no appetite for resisting him and he will want to maintain that. Nord 2 is built at huge cost. There’s no way for example Germany is not going to make full use of it since for them GDP comes first, second and third and cheap energy is key to that. I don’t think the US is interested in the long haul either.

Zelenski can be poisoned or made to disappear with perhaps a heart attack or suicide at a later date and the remains of Ukraine absorbed in a year or two’s time. In the meantime, he can work on destabilising Moldova and the Baltics on the inside and make plans for Poland.

Just idle speculation and total guesswork on my part with no basis whatsoever. How do you predict the actions of a nutter?
[Post edited 2 May 2022 8:43]
May 9th could be a very significant day in the current Ukraine situation on 08:47 - May 2 with 1068 viewsGlasgowBlue

Chilling.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

May 9th could be a very significant day in the current Ukraine situation on 09:44 - May 2 with 963 viewsChurchman

May 9th could be a very significant day in the current Ukraine situation on 08:47 - May 2 by GlasgowBlue

Chilling.

This is nonsense. Just bellicose rhetoric. I doubt the Russians calculate anything much. If they did, how come Ukraine didn’t welcome them with flowers? How come they left dead men and scrap iron all around Kyiv?

The reality is that Russia has the ability to wipe out the U.K. and its 70m population which includes many people from all around the world. The U.K. cannot wipe out all Russia. If the U.K. launches even a proportion of its capability, that’s millions of Russian dead plus those in the fallout path around the world. There is no limited nuclear strike. It’s game over. Even a pillock in a suit on Russian tv cannot be that stupid.

The U.K. nuclear deterrent works and I’m told is fully operational. The last test failure of US/U.K. Trident was about 7 years ago and this system’s failure rate is relatively small. The deterrent does not require the permission of the US to use and at 8000 miles an hour it’s pretty much unstoppable. Talking about nuclear stuff in the way Putin and his animals have is shocking. I get that ‘might is right’ but when the cost is what Russia will incur, why go there? Why even threaten it?

The reality is that Russia has invaded a country they gave guarantees to without cause. Other countries have the right to supply weapons to the victims of that aggression under international law. If Russia doesn’t like it, tough. So they are being threatening to the U.K? Tough. They’ll get over it.
May 9th could be a very significant day in the current Ukraine situation on 10:55 - May 2 with 847 viewsChurchman

May 9th could be a very significant day in the current Ukraine situation on 09:44 - May 2 by Churchman

This is nonsense. Just bellicose rhetoric. I doubt the Russians calculate anything much. If they did, how come Ukraine didn’t welcome them with flowers? How come they left dead men and scrap iron all around Kyiv?

The reality is that Russia has the ability to wipe out the U.K. and its 70m population which includes many people from all around the world. The U.K. cannot wipe out all Russia. If the U.K. launches even a proportion of its capability, that’s millions of Russian dead plus those in the fallout path around the world. There is no limited nuclear strike. It’s game over. Even a pillock in a suit on Russian tv cannot be that stupid.

The U.K. nuclear deterrent works and I’m told is fully operational. The last test failure of US/U.K. Trident was about 7 years ago and this system’s failure rate is relatively small. The deterrent does not require the permission of the US to use and at 8000 miles an hour it’s pretty much unstoppable. Talking about nuclear stuff in the way Putin and his animals have is shocking. I get that ‘might is right’ but when the cost is what Russia will incur, why go there? Why even threaten it?

The reality is that Russia has invaded a country they gave guarantees to without cause. Other countries have the right to supply weapons to the victims of that aggression under international law. If Russia doesn’t like it, tough. So they are being threatening to the U.K? Tough. They’ll get over it.

As a counter balance to my guesswork, the attached makes interesting reading. I don’t know the value of the source , but it makes dismal reading for Putin and his creatures.

https://www.gisreportsonline.com/r/russian-military-power/

The most interesting point for me is about the corrupt way in which things seem to work in Russia.
May 9th could be a very significant day in the current Ukraine situation on 11:15 - May 2 with 819 viewsblueasfook

May 9th could be a very significant day in the current Ukraine situation on 08:47 - May 2 by GlasgowBlue

Chilling.

Try it Vlad. Our deterrent is sea-based so enjoy our arsenal of Trident missiles coming your way. Plus a load from our NATO friends for the lols.

TWTD Veteran
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024