Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My take on Ladapo (for what it's worth, which is not a lot) 14:50 - May 31 with 1733 viewsunstableblue

These are my main takeaways:

- PROVEN AT LEAGUE ONE, over the past 4 seasons (1 with Plymouth, 3 with Rotherham he's scored leaague goals against appearances: 18/45, 14/31, (9/42 championship), 11/31 - so I think with our supply he's perhaps a 15+ goals banker. We've had Norwood with 10 league goals (20/21), bonne 12/burns 13 (21/22)
- HE MIGHT STILL NOT BE NUMBER 1 - he's vying with Jackson and Piggot (if the latter stays) but I can also see another larger name coming in... don't think the club will gamble on a lack of proven goal scorers again after last season
- HE'S MORE A FOX IN THE BOX, scruffy goals scorer, than a one on one, running the channels or behind the defence player as far as his goals on video show.. lots of close range headers etc.
- GOAL CELEBRATIONS - he's a guy who pushed team mates away! and often that tarnishes fans views of a player, doesn't always mean they are a problem, and frankly you want strikers with an ego /selfish streak! only time will tell if he gels and works well in our group
- 3 years at 29/30 - its a very good deal for him, he's 30 in February, I think we're banking on him delivering and getting us out of this league, he ain't one for the future in the championship in my view
- JOURNEYMAN COMING HOME - he's a Romford boy, still lives there, he's been around a lot of clubs (including closer to home Southend (0 goals in 10)... but a return to the South East since 2018 is probably a positive
- HE COULD DO A MURPHY - Murphy got us into the play-offs, with a team playing inferior football to our peers, he got the ball and often with no right to, carved out a goal. It was a season where he matured and 'clicked'. If Freddie settles, gets the chemistry right, perhaps that could be repeated as he approaches 30

Lots of leaps of faith there.. but hope makes some sense!!
[Post edited 31 May 2022 20:12]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

My take on Lapado (for what it's worth, which is not a lot) on 14:51 - May 31 with 1719 viewsJ2BLUE

Important stuff which definitely needed its own thread.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

My take on Lapado (for what it's worth, which is not a lot) on 15:07 - May 31 with 1601 viewsitfcsuth

I don't think he will be our number 1 target - I'm sure our number 1 target will cost a fee.

However Ladapo is a very good option for the squad, and a player that I'm sure will have attracted interest throughout the top end of the division, especially with him being on a free transfer.
My take on Lapado (for what it's worth, which is not a lot) on 15:16 - May 31 with 1563 viewsGuthrum

My take on Lapado (for what it's worth, which is not a lot) on 15:07 - May 31 by itfcsuth

I don't think he will be our number 1 target - I'm sure our number 1 target will cost a fee.

However Ladapo is a very good option for the squad, and a player that I'm sure will have attracted interest throughout the top end of the division, especially with him being on a free transfer.

I'm not even sure our No. 1 target will be a striker. Possibly instead a Left Wing/Left Wing-Back to balance Burns on the other side.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

My take on Lapado (for what it's worth, which is not a lot) on 15:33 - May 31 with 1481 viewsSTYG

My take on Lapado (for what it's worth, which is not a lot) on 15:07 - May 31 by itfcsuth

I very much doubt Ladapo is stupid either.

He's seen the ambition of the club. He knows what we are building. He's also a very good League One player but knows we have the resources to be looking at a proven 20 goal man or a massive statement signing and, despite his self confidence, I can't imagine he believes he is going to be the main man come the first day of pre-season.

What it does show though with that, is he fancies himself to be the main man and thinks he has the talent to push on and out perform whoever we do bring in.
My take on Lapado (for what it's worth, which is not a lot) on 16:16 - May 31 with 1382 viewsunstableblue

My take on Lapado (for what it's worth, which is not a lot) on 14:51 - May 31 by J2BLUE

Important stuff which definitely needed its own thread.

Good to know J2. I know how much you value (nay treasure) my opinions. But you've given me comfort that it wasn't wasted effort, and would have been of interest to other board members.

My take on Lapado (for what it's worth, which is not a lot) on 16:35 - May 31 with 1309 viewsJ2BLUE

My take on Lapado (for what it's worth, which is not a lot) on 16:16 - May 31 by unstableblue

Good to know J2. I know how much you value (nay treasure) my opinions. But you've given me comfort that it wasn't wasted effort, and would have been of interest to other board members.

Give me a hug.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

My take on Lapado (for what it's worth, which is not a lot) on 16:46 - May 31 with 1262 viewsunstableblue

My take on Lapado (for what it's worth, which is not a lot) on 16:35 - May 31 by J2BLUE

Give me a hug.

There there J2, everything is going to be all right... it's all going to be just fine

My take on Lapado (for what it's worth, which is not a lot) on 18:34 - May 31 with 1103 viewsKropotkin123

Good read. While you're at it, what's your thought on our new striker Ladapo?

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Login to get fewer ads

My take on Lapado (for what it's worth, which is not a lot) on 18:45 - May 31 with 1066 viewsitfcsuth

My take on Lapado (for what it's worth, which is not a lot) on 15:16 - May 31 by Guthrum

I'm not even sure our No. 1 target will be a striker. Possibly instead a Left Wing/Left Wing-Back to balance Burns on the other side.

Apologises, should have clarified - I meant no.1 target in the striking position, have always believed we would recruit two this summer, I believe the second striker we sign will be our no.1 target, and will cost a fee.

I don’t necessarily know what a no.1 position we will target is, but adding firepower does need to be up there, in addition adding a LWB, a LF, and another CM.

Still think we will recruit another 4, and that’s before any sales are made - Hladky, Pigott.
PEDANT (n/t) on 20:12 - May 31 with 912 viewsunstableblue

My take on Lapado (for what it's worth, which is not a lot) on 18:34 - May 31 by Kropotkin123

Good read. While you're at it, what's your thought on our new striker Ladapo?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024