Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
These big ticket priced raffles for Houses and Cars etc.. 07:32 - Jun 9 with 1551 viewsDeano69

Who the hell is buying them??

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

These big ticket priced raffles for Houses and Cars etc.. on 07:42 - Jun 9 with 1513 viewsbrazil1982

My Partner for the houses. She's a good charity giver anyway so sees it as a tiny chance....
These big ticket priced raffles for Houses and Cars etc.. on 10:41 - Jun 9 with 1377 viewsDeano69

These big ticket priced raffles for Houses and Cars etc.. on 07:42 - Jun 9 by brazil1982

My Partner for the houses. She's a good charity giver anyway so sees it as a tiny chance....

IS the charity proportion a token gesture to allow them to say it is for charity?

These big ticket priced raffles for Houses and Cars etc.. on 11:02 - Jun 9 with 1332 viewsGavTWTD

These big ticket priced raffles for Houses and Cars etc.. on 10:41 - Jun 9 by Deano69

IS the charity proportion a token gesture to allow them to say it is for charity?

I would imagine so. I've bought raffle tickets before for the big houses. I do the lottery too. I don't see a problem with it. I dream that I live there for a moment, working out if I'd sell or rent it out, then I get on with the day.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

These big ticket priced raffles for Houses and Cars etc.. on 11:47 - Jun 9 with 1264 viewsBLUEBEAT

a work colleague won a £60K top line VW camper with a 79p ticket.

so jealous haha

he sold it 3 months later

Poll: W or W

These big ticket priced raffles for Houses and Cars etc.. on 11:51 - Jun 9 with 1251 viewsZx1988

The 'problem' with these houses is the fact that they're being raffled because the vendors have found that they cannot sell them by traditional Private Treaty.

There was one up in the Cotswolds(?) that had been built in the path of a regular storm surge/flood, and then you've got the flats that are held on stupidly short leases, or have onerous lease terms attached.

If the vendors could easily sell the property by sticking it on with their local estate agents, they certainly wouldn't sacrifice a large chunk of the proceeds of the sale by paying the raffle company and giving a chunk to charity.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

These big ticket priced raffles for Houses and Cars etc.. on 12:39 - Jun 9 with 1167 viewsDeano69

These big ticket priced raffles for Houses and Cars etc.. on 11:51 - Jun 9 by Zx1988

The 'problem' with these houses is the fact that they're being raffled because the vendors have found that they cannot sell them by traditional Private Treaty.

There was one up in the Cotswolds(?) that had been built in the path of a regular storm surge/flood, and then you've got the flats that are held on stupidly short leases, or have onerous lease terms attached.

If the vendors could easily sell the property by sticking it on with their local estate agents, they certainly wouldn't sacrifice a large chunk of the proceeds of the sale by paying the raffle company and giving a chunk to charity.

ahhhh, that figures '£3million' house that couldnt possibly sell for £3m

These big ticket priced raffles for Houses and Cars etc.. on 12:39 - Jun 9 with 1165 viewsDeano69

These big ticket priced raffles for Houses and Cars etc.. on 11:47 - Jun 9 by BLUEBEAT

a work colleague won a £60K top line VW camper with a 79p ticket.

so jealous haha

he sold it 3 months later

wow

These big ticket priced raffles for Houses and Cars etc.. on 12:41 - Jun 9 with 1154 viewsDeano69

These big ticket priced raffles for Houses and Cars etc.. on 11:02 - Jun 9 by GavTWTD

I would imagine so. I've bought raffle tickets before for the big houses. I do the lottery too. I don't see a problem with it. I dream that I live there for a moment, working out if I'd sell or rent it out, then I get on with the day.

How much do you pay for a ticket for a house etc??

Login to get fewer ads

These big ticket priced raffles for Houses and Cars etc.. on 12:50 - Jun 9 with 1130 viewsZx1988

These big ticket priced raffles for Houses and Cars etc.. on 12:39 - Jun 9 by Deano69

ahhhh, that figures '£3million' house that couldnt possibly sell for £3m

It also raises the question of conflicts of interest when it comes to the legal/survey side of things, with companies like Omaze and Raffle House saying that they'll cover your legal fees should you win.

If it's in any way similar to the leasehold mis-selling scandal, what are the odds that they'll recommend their preferred solicitor to them, who might just neglect to point out particular defects with the title/property/land?

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

These big ticket priced raffles for Houses and Cars etc.. on 14:35 - Jun 9 with 1058 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

These big ticket priced raffles for Houses and Cars etc.. on 11:02 - Jun 9 by GavTWTD

Phil not paying you enough? Maybe you could go on strike like the railway workers.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

These big ticket priced raffles for Houses and Cars etc.. on 14:52 - Jun 9 with 1023 viewsHARRY10

Those people Johnson said today "hard-working people to put away a little every month until they have enough for a deposit on their first home"

This merely underlines how far removed from reality these sh its are.

We have to presume these are not "hard-working people" who were previously advised to buy own brand goods, or learn how to cook meals for 30p.
These big ticket priced raffles for Houses and Cars etc.. on 15:01 - Jun 9 with 1013 viewsBlueandTruesince82

The cars I get, easier to move.

As others have said though the houses do feel like they'd turn into an Albatross.

What's the council tax on your average 3 million pound pad? Then upkeep, heating etc? Can see most winners begging Omaze to raffle it again.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

These big ticket priced raffles for Houses and Cars etc.. on 16:35 - Jun 9 with 938 viewsParsley

These big ticket priced raffles for Houses and Cars etc.. on 15:01 - Jun 9 by BlueandTruesince82

As others have said though the houses do feel like they'd turn into an Albatross.

What's the council tax on your average 3 million pound pad? Then upkeep, heating etc? Can see most winners begging Omaze to raffle it again.

If you've won the house for a £1 ticket or however much they are then presumably you could sell the house for less than it's 'value' and still make a huge profit?
These big ticket priced raffles for Houses and Cars etc.. on 17:05 - Jun 9 with 884 viewsBlueandTruesince82

These big ticket priced raffles for Houses and Cars etc.. on 16:35 - Jun 9 by Parsley

If you've won the house for a £1 ticket or however much they are then presumably you could sell the house for less than it's 'value' and still make a huge profit?

Well that's a good point, sell your 3 mil pad for 2 unless it's somewhere you can rent it out to your average overpaid transient footballer

These big ticket priced raffles for Houses and Cars etc.. on 17:32 - Jun 9 with 820 viewsGavTWTD

These big ticket priced raffles for Houses and Cars etc.. on 15:01 - Jun 9 by BlueandTruesince82

"Oh no, I've just won a £3m house and £50k spending money."

Bonkers

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

These big ticket priced raffles for Houses and Cars etc.. on 17:39 - Jun 9 with 795 viewsjeera

These big ticket priced raffles for Houses and Cars etc.. on 17:32 - Jun 9 by GavTWTD

Bonkers

It's one less to compete with.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

These big ticket priced raffles for Houses and Cars etc.. on 17:52 - Jun 9 with 765 viewsjeera

These big ticket priced raffles for Houses and Cars etc.. on 11:51 - Jun 9 by Zx1988

Not always.

I have seen some who simply buy up houses that need work, update them to a nice shiny modern standard and then raffle them off simply as a money making exercise.

They probably get well over the odds and they include the right to not hold the draw until they have reached their minimum desired target to ensure their profit margin.

Tramway Path posted photos of a house they did up. I don't know if that was their first, (I should assume so as the address of the house was Tramway Path), but they have carried on using the format since with further raffles.

But this wasn't a stupidly sized luxury house, but a nice sized London home, semi-detached or something I think.

I guess if you have the resources it's an attractive business model.

Edit: Ignore me, I thought they used charity status to run the competition but I now think that's wrong.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2022 17:54]

These big ticket priced raffles for Houses and Cars etc.. on 18:11 - Jun 9 with 736 viewsBlueandTruesince82

These big ticket priced raffles for Houses and Cars etc.. on 17:32 - Jun 9 by GavTWTD

Bonkers

It's all rosy until the council bill lends Gav

That 50k will be gone in no time heating the sauna

These big ticket priced raffles for Houses and Cars etc.. on 18:33 - Jun 9 with 721 viewsjeera

These big ticket priced raffles for Houses and Cars etc.. on 18:11 - Jun 9 by BlueandTruesince82

It's all rosy until the council bill lends Gav

That 50k will be gone in no time heating the sauna

Of course but the obvious answer would be to sell it at an attractive price to someone who can afford to live in it.

Then buy a more sensibly priced place more within one's own range.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024