Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Aden Flint? 14:40 - Jun 10 with 1754 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Just been released by Cardiff and obvious tie with Ashton from Bristol City days.

32, so might be the experienced head we need at the back to see out games? Stoke seem to be in a good position to get him.
Aden Flint? on 14:43 - Jun 10 with 1727 viewsSTYG

We play out from the back, brought in a keeper who is excellent with his feet and are building a young, dynamic squad.

Flint is a proper old school, head in there first, Nsiala type of defender. Great at the ugly stuff but the last player (apart from Toto) I would want in a possession based system.

That's before we get to Edmundson, Wolf, Donacien, Burgess and likely Nsiala already battling for 3 (or 2) places.
Aden Flint? on 14:44 - Jun 10 with 1707 viewsScuzzer

Do we really need another centre back though?

Established 1968

Aden Flint? on 14:47 - Jun 10 with 1679 viewsrunaround

I believe he’s going to Stoke?
Aden Flint? on 15:00 - Jun 10 with 1582 viewsbobbyramsey

If Stoke are after him then he's obviously good enough to remain in the Championship but somehow he's not good enough for the mighty Blues in League 1....
[Post edited 10 Jun 2022 15:01]
Aden Flint? on 15:04 - Jun 10 with 1539 viewsSTYG

Aden Flint? on 15:00 - Jun 10 by bobbyramsey

If Stoke are after him then he's obviously good enough to remain in the Championship but somehow he's not good enough for the mighty Blues in League 1....
[Post edited 10 Jun 2022 15:01]

Yeah cos that's exactly how it works.

Do you think that the worst Stoke player is better than the best Ipswich one? If so, it's amazing any promoted side ever stays up.

I'd imagine Stoke have a better squad than us overall and few would disagree, but it doesn't mean that their area of need is our area of need.

That's before the fact that Flint perfectly fits O'Neill's style of play and is the worst sort of fit for McKenna.

Do you not reckon Morsy might get into at least one Championship side's midfield? If not, it's weird that he was in Middlesbrough's the week before we signed him.
Aden Flint? on 15:37 - Jun 10 with 1359 viewsChrisd

Aden Flint? on 14:44 - Jun 10 by Scuzzer

No. CB is one of the areas of the pitch we look really strong in. Flint is a very decent CB, I don’t think he’ll be wanting to play L1 football, besides we have decent depth in that position why muddy the water even more with another signing?

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Aden Flint? on 15:45 - Jun 10 with 1323 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Yeah that’s a fair point and in reality we probably don’t.

That’s assuming Edmundson is fit to start the season….
Aden Flint? on 16:10 - Jun 10 with 1233 viewsMediocre_Quick

Aden Flint? on 14:43 - Jun 10 by STYG

We play out from the back, brought in a keeper who is excellent with his feet and are building a young, dynamic squad.

Flint is a proper old school, head in there first, Nsiala type of defender. Great at the ugly stuff but the last player (apart from Toto) I would want in a possession based system.

That's before we get to Edmundson, Wolf, Donacien, Burgess and likely Nsiala already battling for 3 (or 2) places.

I'd rather Toto back then take Flint
Login to get fewer ads

Aden Flint? on 16:14 - Jun 10 with 1217 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Aden Flint? on 14:43 - Jun 10 by STYG

Good post - asides from the last line as I’m 99% sure Toto doesn’t actually play for us anymore.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Aden Flint? on 16:31 - Jun 10 with 1163 viewsSTYG

Aden Flint? on 16:14 - Jun 10 by The_Romford_Blue

Good post - asides from the last line as I’m 99% sure Toto doesn’t actually play for us anymore.

Good spot! Was meant to say Ndaba but obviously had Toto on the brain.

That's assuming Baggott goes out on loan as well.
Aden Flint? on 16:56 - Jun 10 with 1038 viewsfranz_tyson

If we're only going after players that have a link to Ashton (or McKenna) - why even have a recruitment department? Might as well save money and just work through their contact list.
We don't even need another CB - it's just that Flint has an association to Ashton.
Aden Flint? on 16:59 - Jun 10 with 1024 viewsclive_baker

It's not just centre back either, it's specifically the central one in a 3. That's literally the only position he could occupy, and in about the only system that would work for him. He's as slow as sh1t and has the turning circle of the QE2. He's been massively exposed in the past unless he's flanked by pace. I actually don't think Woolfenden is dissimilar in some respects, hence he looks so much better in the middle of a 3 than in a 2.

What he would certainly do is add a goal threat from set pieces that we're so lacking. I don't actually think he's the worst on the ball to be fair to him, he's often just utilised in a system that doesn't demonstrate otherwise. It won't happen though as a) we have Woolfenden and b) Stoke will throw £15k a week at the bloke.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Aden Flint? on 18:11 - Jun 10 with 891 viewsVeggie

Flint could provide the spark that finally ignites us.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2022 18:13]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024